Newcastle 0 - 1 Man City - Post match thoughts

Dave

It really f****** pisses me off to know that there are good managers out there who would probably accept the Newcastle job if they were offered it, I dont believe that the position is a poison chalice, It wasnt for SBR because he is a good manager. Roeder doesnt have a clue, At first i didnt mind him so much because he came across as a decent bloke but over the season ive had to listen to his poor excuses and the way he blames everyone and everything except himself, i cant stand the t*** now. Its pointless sacking Roeder now, He should go at the end of the season. FS should sound out a manager now so that he would have chance to watch the last 7 games and prepare for the transfer window, f*** Roeder he doesnt have to know and then after the last game call him into FS office and give him his marching orders.

All we need is a manager who knows what he is doing, Surely that aint asking for much. I do believe that with a good manager we have the resources to be a decent club.

Ranieri was actually desperate for the job and was baffled as to why he hadn't heard back from Shepherd. Houllier talked of wanting to come back to the premiership and seemed to be genuinely interested in the job. Unfortunately Shepherd turned his nose up at them despit their premiership success, as a matter of fact a lot of fans did too.

I would have gladly had either one of them back then and I still would.

You're basing this definite, guaranteed, concrete active interest in the post on what? Made up media stuff, or just general lies?

Ranieri publicly threw his name into the ring, didn't happen for whatever reason

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/4717126.stm

Off a sentence or two, thats him "desperate for the job" :lol:

Guest BooBoo

To keep him would just delay the inevitable. He should be sacked at 9am after the final day of the season for gross incompetence.

To keep him would just delay the inevitable. He should be sacked at 9am after the final day of the season for gross incompetence.

He should be sacked NOW. If he wants a pay-off, let him take us to court. If he can prove he hasn't fucked us up the ass, he's a better person than i credit him with.

We DO NOT need Roeder for the rest of the season. In fact, if we KEEP him, it'll harm us considerably more than getting rid ever could.

Guest KeithKettleborough

Dyer was probably the worst of a very bad bunch today.

Dyers body language said that he wasn't interested today. Guess he's achieved what he set out to do and got back into the England squad which is laughable itself. Either that or he was in the huff again about the position he was being asked to play.

He's back to what he is best at which is to take the club for a ride and hopefully some mug will offer big money so that we can finally get rid of this waster.

Dyer was probably the worst of a very bad bunch today.

Dyers body language said that he wasn't interested today. Guess he's achieved what he set out to do and got back into the England squad which is laughable itself. Either that or he was in the huff again about the position he was being asked to play.

He's back to what he is best at which is to take the club for a ride and hopefully some mug will offer big money so that we can finally get rid of this waster.

I'd get rid for anything we could get. It's be worth it on the saved wages.

Guest Invicta_Toon

all this shit about Roeder picking 2 defensive midfielders

1) Roeder thinks Parker is an attacking midfielder

2) Roeder chose Parker as club captain

3) Butt is undroppable since he wasn't sold as the fans wanted last year

these are basic fucking facts people, why are you even surprised?

Guest Invicta_Toon

That last gasp miss by Onyewu is just shocking,just fucking shocking..

What do we expect?? Roeder never even saw him play as far as we can tell.

Shit managers will rarely sign top players.

Shit clubs rarely get top managers

That last gasp miss by Onyewu is just shocking,just fucking shocking..

What do we expect?? Roeder never even saw him play as far as we can tell.

Shit managers will rarely sign top players.

Shit clubs rarely get top managers

We're an average club. But we hired a fucking terrible, indefensible manager. Our bad.

Guest Ridzuan

Back to the match,I think a draw was a probably a much fairer result.But all credit should go to Man City for defending superbly and scored when they have the chance.Unfortunately for us,we had more chance than them,some very good ones,and we fail to test the keeper.Its only after we conceded the goal that we sprung to action which shouldnt have been the case.It was typical of Glenn of introducing Milner late into the game.It was quite obvious that Solano was ineffective in the most part of the 2nd half,but Glenn chose to bring Milner late in the game which was obviously not a good decision.Martins and Dyer was very poor in particular for some reason.Well what can I say,its just typical of us.The positive thing about this game is that we dont really have much to play for this season.

Anyone notice what they played at the end?

A desperate attempt to put the current situation at the club in some kind of positive light!?! :lol:

"Todays attendance is 52,004.  Newcastle United thanks you for your continuing support.  At least you've got your health.  Worse things happen at sea."

Shearer for manager.

Problem you've got with that is that he works for match of the day and gets to see the tapes of our squad.

Utterly ****ing pathetic. And I flew 6000 miles to watch this pile of ****.

My mate who was traveling with me was patting me on the shoulder and asking me why I supported this load of crap. He could see that Man City were pathetic, but we couldn't even put THEM to bed.

We were unlucky to concede, but we shouldn't need luck to take out a team like Man City at home.

Selection was horrible, and being in the stands I could see more clearly that a lot of players just don't give a toss.

Hope we win the next time I'm here

My mate who was traveling with me was patting me on the shoulder and asking me why I supported this load of crap. He could see that Man City were pathetic, but we couldn't even put THEM to bed.

We were unlucky to concede, but we shouldn't need luck to take out a team like Man City at home.

Selection was horrible, and being in the stands I could see more clearly that a lot of players just don't give a toss.

Once again.... nice worldwide PR by NUFC :lol:

Guest NSMagpie

If you're an international fan, you cannot support Newcastle if you're not prepared to get labelled 'weirdo'. ;D

If you're an international fan, you cannot support Newcastle if you're not prepared to get labelled 'weirdo'. ;D

i am already labeled "weirdo" before i am support NUFC :lol:... so this mean i get higher rank of weirdo :lol:

i am already labeled "weirdo" before i am support NUFC :lol:... so this mean i get higher rank of weirdo :lol:

:lol:

The 2 lads that sit next to me left got out of their seats about 20mins into the game.  I thought they'd gone for a Bovril or something but when they didn't come back after 10mins I gave 1 of them a ring.  They'd pissed off to Shearer's and so I decided to join them.  For once in quite a long while I actually enjoyed the game (well 2nd half anyway).  I've thought for sometime now that the only thing that spoils a day at the match is the actual match.

We were piss poor but who cares - I seriously couldn't give 2 fucks about how we do for the rest of the season.

Guest Gemmill

I've thought for sometime now that the only thing that spoils a day at the match is the actual match.

Spot on mate.  It interrupts a perfectly good day out.

Guest NSMagpie

:laugh:

Fellow weirdo, you have my respect. :thup:

But, you can't beat me: Serbian, labelled weirdo from tender age by weirdos themselves, and a Newcastle supporter! Ha! Gotcha!  ;D