Newcastle 0 - 1 Man City - Post match thoughts

Dave

We have had loads of injuries but the scary thing is judging by todays team selection with all of the players we had fit, we might actually be in the bottom five now if we had everyone but Owen and Ameobi fit all season.

Good point!

Quite a scary thought.

The squad.  Robson had a better team. 

Quite a few hardly played because of injuries, the squad were probably better on paper but they were still crap on the pitch.  Bobby had to get rid of quite a few before he could spend too much.

Roeder's selection policy today was ludicrous. Still, at least he made up for it with some well timed and tactically astute substitutions that deserved to win us the game. Don'tknowthecodeforsmileythatrollseyes.gif

:rolleyes:

Hope that helps.

What sort of idiot plays two defensive midfielders at home to Man City? We should even have to play one at home to this lot, and he wonders why we don't create fuck all.

Roeder has never been good enough, glad some of you are opening your eyes to this.

Roeder's selection policy today was ludicrous. Still, at least he made up for it with some well timed and tactically astute substitutions that deserved to win us the game. Don'tknowthecodeforsmileythatrollseyes.gif

:rolleyes:

Hope that helps.

Ta. Although I won't remember it for next time, I'll probably just type out my long one again. :rolleyes:

What sort of idiot plays two defensive midfielders at home to Man City? We should even have to play one at home to this lot, and he wonders why we don't create f*** all.

Roeder has never been good enough, glad some of you are opening your eyes to this.

The sad thing is that he hasn't even figured out Parker is a defensive midfielder...

Still thinks Parker will become our Gerrard. God help us.

Guest NSMagpie

I am so frustrated i forgot what i was going to post here..

At least you remembered you were going to post so all is not lost.

Thank heavens for that!

Guest shearer_united

This is team to acheieve the Dream.

We got nothing to prove but we wanted all the same.

United we are !!!

Already come so far !!!

Next year is our year. Not this.

can we have a rule that every numpty saying we are going to get relegated gets banned for the entire next season when we don't go down?

Can we also have a rule the prohibits trolling after a home defeat to an inferior team?

If you pull your usual routine after this result you're going to piss a lot of people off - but that's the point, right?

come back to me when we get relegated because we didn't sack Roeder right this minute

what you're basically saying is it's ok to act like a complete mong because we have just been beaten. You really think any of these retards will change their opinion in a few days?

Its not ok to be a shite manager, and its not ok to keep Roeder in his job. Facts.

It really f****** pisses me off to know that there are good managers out there who would probably accept the Newcastle job if they were offered it, I dont believe that the position is a poison chalice, It wasnt for SBR because he is a good manager. Roeder doesnt have a clue, At first i didnt mind him so much because he came across as a decent bloke but over the season ive had to listen to his poor excuses and the way he blames everyone and everything except himself, i cant stand the t*** now. Its pointless sacking Roeder now, He should go at the end of the season. FS should sound out a manager now so that he would have chance to watch the last 7 games and prepare for the transfer window, f*** Roeder he doesnt have to know and then after the last game call him into FS office and give him his marching orders.

All we need is a manager who knows what he is doing, Surely that aint asking for much. I do believe that with a good manager we have the resources to be a decent club.

Ranieri was actually desperate for the job and was baffled as to why he hadn't heard back from Shepherd. Houllier talked of wanting to come back to the premiership and seemed to be genuinely interested in the job. Unfortunately Shepherd turned his nose up at them despit their premiership success, as a matter of fact a lot of fans did too.

I would have gladly had either one of them back then and I still would.

well there seems to be a few clubs turning their noses up at Ranieri

where is he now? some small time italian club isnt it?

Palma I think it is. Only took the job on a few months back so he has been out on the market for ages.

Ranieri I think is the best Manager out there not wanted by any of the european big boys.

to anyone who has said give the c*** roeder more time, or duff will come good, or babayaro can do a job for us, or roeder was right to not replace defenders in TWO windows, you were 100% wrong. 

I thought Babayano, Taylor, Moore and Duff were the better players today...

The better? Moore couldn't defend fuck all, Babayaro was out of position literally in double figures, and Duff was poor. Better than normal, but still poor.

The entire team played like relegation candidates. If you want to defend any of them, at all, you can, but i'd be surprised if you can if you actually watched the games. I can't personally defend any player who plays like ours do. They're shite.

Going by the Sky-lights, we looked like a team who needed a win. I'm just a bit worried that Roeder's confidence took a bad knock in the Alkmaar defeat, and that's communicated itself to the team, as happens.

Dyer played a major part in our revival half way through the season, and at the moment he doesn't seem to be playing as well. Not badly, just not as well. We don't have anyone to get us going.

Duff created a few things, and deserved a bit of credit.

The atmosphere in the ground seemed absolutely dead, when it wasn't openly hostile.

It really f****** pisses me off to know that there are good managers out there who would probably accept the Newcastle job if they were offered it, I dont believe that the position is a poison chalice, It wasnt for SBR because he is a good manager. Roeder doesnt have a clue, At first i didnt mind him so much because he came across as a decent bloke but over the season ive had to listen to his poor excuses and the way he blames everyone and everything except himself, i cant stand the t*** now. Its pointless sacking Roeder now, He should go at the end of the season. FS should sound out a manager now so that he would have chance to watch the last 7 games and prepare for the transfer window, f*** Roeder he doesnt have to know and then after the last game call him into FS office and give him his marching orders.

All we need is a manager who knows what he is doing, Surely that aint asking for much. I do believe that with a good manager we have the resources to be a decent club.

Ranieri was actually desperate for the job and was baffled as to why he hadn't heard back from Shepherd. Houllier talked of wanting to come back to the premiership and seemed to be genuinely interested in the job. Unfortunately Shepherd turned his nose up at them despit their premiership success, as a matter of fact a lot of fans did too.

You're basing this definite, guaranteed, concrete active interest in the post on what? Made up media stuff, or just general lies?

You're basing this definite, guaranteed, concrete active interest in the post on what? Made up media stuff, or just general lies?

Ranieri publicly threw his name into the ring, didn't happen for whatever reason

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/4717126.stm