Newcastle 0 - 1 Man City - Post match thoughts

Dave

Roeder tinkers too much. the only time we have a settled team is when we're forced into it by injuries! i believe if we had a full squad for a season he'd never once play the same side in consecutive matches. just get your best team out there for a while and let them gel.

in a perverse way glad we lost maybe it will get the fatman to realise that dross like that is not acceptable .roeder will just say" well most of them are not my players and judge me then"bollocks  :rant:

The most pathetic event of the afternoon had to be Roeder giving in to pressure from the crowd and bringing on Milner because the crowd told him to...only to bring him on for the wrong person and then get booed for it!

How embarrassing...

It'll be interesting to see Roeder's lack of excuse this time. "Having virtually no injuries is no excuse for the performance, but our playing style has been adapted to having a left footed left back with two right feet and a midget target man and two defensive midfielders and an underperforming £6M left  winger, so it was obvious that this would be a very difficult game for us..." I have no idea how to make that thought reach its conclusion.

Guest mavericknufc

Absolute wank,tbh though, not making any excuses, what do you expect when we're missing a world class finisher like Michael Owen we're obviously going to struggle to score nevermind string 2 passes together

No point sacking him people. We're cutting it fine, but I think we're safe. As I said before, get ris of him at the end of the season by 'mutual' agreement.

agree. said that at the start of the season and still think it is the best option. ideally we'd be doing work behind the scenes already to get the next manager in, but knowing us...

Guest Invicta_Toon

can we have a rule that every numpty saying we are going to get relegated gets banned for the entire next season when we don't go down?

Does anyone truly believe Roeder's gonna get the sack at the end of the season? What, from what has gone on for the past few years with our managers, gives you that impression? Do you not see that our Chairman is unable to recognise the need for change and has absolutely no plan for the club. It should be clear by now that the reason we're not Liverpool or Man Utd or Chelsea is because we just don't have a board capable of devising a plan for where they want the club to be in, say, the next five years. Each year is a stop-gap, each decision an easy-fix.

It's either Shepherd to the gallows or this shit will continue until we go down. That's the sad fact.

Guest Bellers

Give Roeder a chance man, he'll turn it all round in the transfer window when he buys his own players.

He's showing signs of what a genius he actually is, sacking him now would be crazy, in fact he should be given freedom of Newcastle if anything.

Didn't watch it, not really followed it...busy busy busy...

I'll wind me neck in and avoid too much crowing but obviously pleased to get the 3 points, given us a bit of daylight ahead of Wigan and Sheffield United even if West Ham and Charlton keep winning. Locals not sounding too chuffed so it sounds like we a decent job altho I doubt we could have played that well. Have to watch it on football first.

PS: Shearer's replacement eh  ^-^

PPS: All posters calling for Roeder's head, No manager ever gets the sack at this time of the season, unless theyre on the slippery slope to the trapdoor which you aint. You're in the same boat as us, wait until the summer.

Give Roeder a chance man, he'll turn it all round in the transfer window when he buys his own players.

He's showing signs of what a genius he actually is, sacking him now would be crazy, in fact he should be given freedom of Newcastle if anything.

:laugh:

can we have a rule that every numpty saying we are going to get relegated gets banned for the entire next season when we don't go down?

Can we also have a rule the prohibits trolling after a home defeat to an inferior team?

If you pull your usual routine after this result you're going to piss a lot of people off - but that's the point, right?

Guest shearer_united

After losing to AZ ALKMAAR Away, things went downhill from there on ...

Shearer for manager. If only fans can vote to elect a manager :( .

Absolute w***,tbh though, not making any excuses, what do you expect when we're missing a world class finisher like Michael Owen we're obviously going to struggle to score nevermind string 2 passes together

Hilarious dude....

Ok, I've tried to put the sensible head on, not the kneejerk approach and have posted my predictions for the remaining games this season:-

Sheff Utd (a) Draw

Arsenal (h) Loss

Portsmouth (a) Loss

Chelsea (h) Loss

Reading (a) Draw

Blackburn (h) Win

Watford (a) Win

Anyone know whether 8 points would be enough to make us safe?

After Alkmaar they gave up, considered the season over and went into 'couldn't give a fuck' mode. Their lack of professionalism is about to bite them on the arse.

Watch Owen get rushed back to save us.

Fucking tragic this.

PPS: All posters calling for Roeder's head, No manager ever gets the sack at this time of the season, unless theyre on the slippery slope to the trapdoor which you aint. You're in the same boat as us, wait until the summer.

nah, we'll wait till 6 games into next season before sacking Roeder, leaving us unable to get a replacement in. that's the newcastle way.

congrats on your win, didn't really sound like either side deserved 3 points but there you go.

Didn't watch it, not really followed it...busy busy busy...

I'll wind me neck in and avoid too much crowing but obviously pleased to get the 3 points, given us a bit of daylight ahead of Wigan and Sheffield United even if West Ham and Charlton keep winning. Locals not sounding too chuffed so it sounds like we a decent job altho I doubt we could have played that well. Have to watch it on football first.

PS: Shearer's replacement eh  ^-^

if you watched our shower of shit all season you wouldnt be saying that .oh your crap too sorry  :-[

Guest Invicta_Toon

Can we also have a rule the prohibits trolling after a home defeat to an inferior team?

If you pull your usual routine after this result you're going to piss a lot of people off - but that's the point, right?

come back to me when we get relegated because we didn't sack Roeder right this minute

what you're basically saying is it's ok to act like a complete mong because we have just been beaten. You really think any of these retards will change their opinion in a few days?