Rona.... KAKA - best player I've ever seen tbh

Guest Knightrider

I'd put Romario in my top list as a goalscorer. It's difficult to reconcile 'greats' who played in different positions mind, but essentially you have to look at how well they did their job [though obviously some positions allow overlapping...]. Cristiano has some way to go IMO. Looking electric though.

Don't know how to post a photo, but Thierry Henry. Fucking hell, he was unplayable for about 4 seasons - always scoring for fun and setting up more than most strikers ever would. Just looked up his stats for Arsenal: For 5 seasons he scored at least 24 goals and only dropped below 10 assists twice. In the league.

Don't get me wrong, Ronaldo has been bang on this year, but best player you've ever seen? Bloody hell... if he keeps this up for another 2 years maybe. You can't stake that sort of claim on 3/4 of an amazing season and a couple of good but inconsistent ones.

It's HTT we expect these sort of things from him.

I can't think of a better winger in my time. As for the crown of The best, he has to start producing consistantly at the highest level. That's what separates Zidane from Henry, the volley in the CL final and scoring three world cup final goals.

He has all the attributes to be the best. His finishing is very similar to that of Henry when he first came to England, scored buckets but would miss his fair share, if he can improve that the way Henry did **HTT style shudders**.

He's improved significantly every year, when he starts to get the best of LB's like Cole and improve his finishing a tad he'll be the best.

I think HTT is a bonus ball. I think putting the kettle on for him is like a scene out of 300

mackems.gif , for some reason HTT reminds me of Adam West.

Guest Knightrider

Fuck me some of you are like the dicky comb. :lol: I haven't claimed he is the greatest ever player in the world, I don't even care about who is the supposed best and all that (like the big club debate, pointless in the main), I just think he's the best footballer I've seen since I've been following football. I think he's a smashing player.

Fuck me some of you are like the dicky comb. :lol: I haven't claimed he is the greatest ever player in the world, I don't even care about who is the supposed best and all that (like the big club debate, pointless in the main), I just think he's the best footballer I've seen since I've been following football. I think he's a smashing player.

If that's the case then I won't pick you apart any more. Just let it be known you have bad opinions.

;)

Guest Alan Shearer 9

http://www.diariocolatino.com/deportes/imagenes/2005/febrero/24/maradona.jpg

My favourite player of all time.

Guest Knightrider

I just think he's the best footballer I've seen since I've been following football. I think he's a smashing player.

That kind of implies he's the best in the world.

Hadaway, it doesn't mean anything other than he's impressed me more than anyone I've seen given his age. Just my opinion remember.

Guest Knightrider

http://www.diariocolatino.com/deportes/imagenes/2005/febrero/24/maradona.jpg

My favourite player of all time.

I agree with that, but I never seen him in the flesh except USA 94, by which time he was, well, past it.

Guest Knightrider

If that's the case then I won't pick you apart any more. Just let it be known you have bad opinions.

;)

I can't disagree with that. Probably a knee-jerk anyway, it'll be Collins John next week.

;)

I can't disagree with that. Probably a knee-jerk anyway, it'll be Collins John next week.

:lol:

What about Dean Ashton? Better than Torres I heard.....

Guest Alan Shearer 9

http://not.raunvis.hi.is/~pallja/maradona.jpg

slightly more flattering picture of Mardona in his pomp.

Guest Knightrider

http://not.raunvis.hi.is/~pallja/maradona.jpg

slightly more flattering picture of Mardona in his pomp.

Some genius, that's the incorrect way to run up to take a free-kick surely? Then again, if you're as good as him, you can do what the fuck you like I suppose. Did he score BTW?

I just think he's the best footballer I've seen since I've been following football. I think he's a smashing player.

Hadaway, it doesn't mean anything other than he's impressed me more than anyone I've seen given his age. Just my opinion remember.

The actual Ronaldo was far superior at his age.

Guest Ridzuan

I hate to say it but I have to agree looking at his recent performance.He is getting better and better in each match and if he can do so many great things now,Im sure he will be able to do a lot more in the future.

Possibly better, but FAR superior???

The fact that folk are even having to say possibly is quite frankly a joke.

I'd post a video of Ronaldo's one season at Barcelona during the same age if I could but I'd get banned.

People were actually comparing his talents to Pele, it's amazing how short sighted fans are in today's game that the both of them are even mentioned in the same breath.

Culminated with the fact it was Ronaldo's first season in one of the big leagues whereas these performances now buy Cristiano are culminated of 4 years worth of step-overs, no end product etc.

Can't believe I've actually lowered myself to be drawn into this argument.

You can't have watched much football.  Ronaldo is a fine player but give me strenght - Zidane, Maradona, Gullit, Ronaldo (the Ronaldo), Van Basten to name a few in my time watching football.

I'd post a video of Ronaldo's one season at Barcelona during the same age if I could but I'd get banned.

People were actually comparing his talents to Pele, it's amazing how short sighted fans are in today's game that the both of them are even mentioned in the same breath.

Culminated with the fact it was Ronaldo's first season in one of the big leagues whereas these performances now buy Cristiano are culminated of 4 years worth of step-overs, no end product etc.

Quite agree!

Well we arent talking about what he was like in the previous seasons we are talking about what he is like now, and he has been outstanding this season. And why cant people mention players of today in the same breath as players from 20-30 years ago, the only difference is that the players from 20-30 years ago have had 20-30 years worth of people building them up.

And yes, Ronaldo at Barcelona was amazing but I don't think you can say that any player is far superior to Christiano Ronaldo and this moment in time because he is so effective at what he does.

Well we arent talking about what he was like in the previous seasons we are talking about what he is like now, and he has been outstanding this season. And why cant people mention players of today in the same breath as players from 20-30 years ago, the only difference is that the players from 20-30 years ago have had 20-30 years worth of people building them up.

And yes, Ronaldo at Barcelona was amazing but I don't think you can say that any player is far superior to Christiano Ronaldo and this moment in time because he is so effective at what he does.

People can mention those players in the same breath just like Ronaldo was mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Pele because he was just that good.

I can quite clearly say someone was far superior as anyone who did watch Ronaldo then would testify the exact same thing.

Guest DarkSchneider

Currently maybe he is the best...

But not the best I have ever seen. Ronaldo (the original phenomenon) was an unstopable monster before that injury. He had strenght, unbelivable pace(with the ball) and his technique and amount of tricks he was able to show were no less than Christiano has. In my opinion the best attacker ever. He is slowly regaining his form and that is good.