Rona.... KAKA - best player I've ever seen tbh

Guest Knightrider

Ronaldo is quality but establishing himself as the best ever is a long long way off. It would be fair to say that he has more potential/quality than anyone in a very long time but the best ever? erm.... not quite. Are we forgetting some of the greats that have played on this planet and Ronaldo has had one good season.

List still is as follows for me:

1.Pele

2.Maradona

3.Zidane

4.Henry

5.Ronaldinho

There is noone that has breached in this bracket. In my opinion Ronaldo will some day.

**SAME OLD DEBATE** You ever see Pele play during his time? Ronaldinho better than Ronaldo? Cruyff? etc.

Guest Sniffer

I'm waiting for some thick bastard to start a " who would you rather have, ronaldo or n'zogbia " thread and have another laugh at the morons who don't pick the manu u player.

Zidane isn't even the best French player in his position in the last 25 years or so. Factini!

It's hard to pick a winner between Zidane and Platini, didn't see much of Platini but Zidane is streets ahead of anything I have seen ever since I have been watching football (not really old enough to appreciate Maradona)

Ronaldo has replaced Ronaldinho as the most enjoyable player in the world to watch for me. If I could have any one player in the world at Newcastle, it'd be him. Easily.

He's got a ways to go before he can be mentioned as best ever though, but I think everything you need is there for him to possibly do so. He's just brilliant at everything needed in his position really, the ease with which he beats players one on one is incredible.

Reckon he'll end up being better than Ronaldinho. At his age, Ronaldinho was still trying to find himself to some extent. Being stuck at PSG didn't really help to be fair to him. Just think Ronaldo has everything that Ronaldinho has, with just that little bit more pace and ability to just breeze by people like its nothing.

The original Ronaldo was better at the same age, but injuries have made him the shell of his former self tragically.

If Cristiano stays injury free and applies himself, he'll become the best player in the world.

one other thing about cronaldo-he's cut down a bit on the diving, and hopefully he will cut it out totally soon to remove pretty much the main downside in his game. but also, hes starting to stay up on his feet and play through much more when he could easily go down and get that free kick, like last night at least a few times, like on the play setting up carrick's first goal i believe. he's got the strength to run through many fouls, and he's starting to realize he's even more effective staying on his feet, which is scary. i think that at this moment in time, he's the best in the world, which is always all you can ever compare, because different eras were always different in too many ways to make it fair.

OMG MY BEST PLAYA IVE EVA SEEN IS BETTA THAN YOUR BEST PLAYA YOUVE EVA SEEN!!11 :razz:

Chill out ladies.  The lad is absolute class.  If not the best player I've ever seen then I would think it's fair to say that he's probably the best player I've had the most opportunity to appreciate, what with the constant football on TV these days, and the fact that he plays in our league.

This. That's basically what I tried to convey. Thanks.

BTW I love how defensive 2J gets over his list of greats, yet some of the players he bleats on about, he's never even seen in the flesh :lol:

Ronaldo the striker was awesome, but far superior to this Ronaldo? Get away man!

It's got fuck all to do with that it's just the lunacy of the way you say he's the best player you've ever seen which is total shite. Anyone who saw the Ronaldo who graced us all at Barca and Inter knows that he is far superior to Cristiano which is not a disservice to him but the fact that Ronaldo at 21 was simply that good.

OMG MY BEST PLAYA IVE EVA SEEN IS BETTA THAN YOUR BEST PLAYA YOUVE EVA SEEN!!11 :razz:

Chill out ladies.  The lad is absolute class.  If not the best player I've ever seen then I would think it's fair to say that he's probably the best player I've had the most opportunity to appreciate, what with the constant football on TV these days, and the fact that he plays in our league.

Thierry Henry. ;)

Bottles it every time in the big games.  FACT!  Class player like, but I'd rather watch Ronaldo.

Struggling to remember Ronaldo's impact in these so called big games like that Henry has bottled it in.

Being the best young player in the last two international tournaments is a decent acheivement.

Was he better than Rooney in Euro 2004 like? my memory thinks back differently.

Kaka > Cronaldo

It's tough, I'd rather have Kaka in most areas of the pitch over Ronaldo because his creativity is better, however I seriously doubt whether anyone in the world could skin his full back everytime and a good percentage of the time create something like Ronaldo, let alone Kaka.

I seriously can't make a judgement between the two, Ronaldo is better on the eye though, which will win him fans.

Guest Knightrider

to be honest, how HTT can rank Shearer alongside THE Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Zidane is beyond me

THE Ronaldo 10 years ago was better than CRonaldo now

Shearer in his prime was for me the best all-round centre-forward on the planet so therefore is one of the best players I've ever seen. Yes he lacked Ronaldo's skill and pace but Ronaldo lacked his strength, heading ability and general leading of the line. People underestimate just how good Shearer was. Me, if I could choose between a Shearer or a Ronaldo in their pomp, I'd go for Shearer, more of a team player, braver and lead the line far better, would get you a goal from his head, right, left, set-piece or off his arse. Ronaldo, if he wasn't scoring or getting at teams, was pretty ineffective. Just my opinions though.

to be honest, how HTT can rank Shearer alongside THE Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Zidane is beyond me

Shearer in his prime was for me the best all-round centre-forward on the planet so therefore is one of the best players I've ever seen. Yes he lacked Ronaldo's skill and pace but Ronaldo lacked his strength, heading ability and general leading of the line. People underestimate just how good Shearer was. Me, if I could choose between a Shearer or a Ronaldo in their pomp, I'd go for Shearer, more of a team player, braver and lead the line far better, would get you a goal from his head, right, left, set-piece or off his arse. Ronaldo, if he wasn't scoring or getting at teams, was pretty ineffective. Just my opinions though.

I don't think he was the best striker on the planet, even in his pomp, in fairness.

Guest assyriantoon

Isn't scoring or getting at teams what a striker is supposed to do? I agree with you that Shearer, in his pomp, was one of the best strikers in the game but I disagree with two points:

1) Ronaldo had strength and probably more of it then Shearer. Go watch some of his goals for Barca. You will see that he uses his strength to barge players out of the way more often then you would expect.

2) Ronaldo was a better player then Shearer, but perhaps a lesser striker. The fact is Ronaldo did goalscoring for both club and country to a higher degree then Shearer. It's all well and good being the top scorer of the premiership but isn't being the top scorer in world cup history a more difficult task to achieve?

You're also forget his on pitch intelligence, vision and range of passing is far superior.

I don't think that Ronaldo's intelligence and vision are any worse than Ronaldinho. But I would say Ronaldinho's ball control is more superior than Ronaldo. The latter hardly scores from free kick, hardly strikes with outside foot. One needs supreme ball control to do both and Ronaldo just lacks this final bit to make him a complete ball player. That said, if he lacks intelligence and vision he won't have scored and provided so many assists even though he is not as skillful as Ronaldinho.

You're also forget his on pitch intelligence, vision and range of passing is far superior.

I don't think that Ronaldo's intelligence and vision are any worse than Ronaldinho. But I would say Ronaldinho's ball control is more superior than Ronaldo. The latter hardly scores from free kick, hardly strikes with outside foot. One needs supreme ball control to do both and Ronaldo just lacks this final bit to make him a complete ball player. That said, if he lacks intelligence and vision he won't have scored and provided so many assists even though he is not as skillful as Ronaldinho.

I've never seen Ronaldo do any of the kind of intricate through balls and cross field passing that Ronaldinho does.