Rona.... KAKA - best player I've ever seen tbh

Guest Knightrider

Guest Phil K

Certainly a class act.

And the manager who keeps picking up those like him is also a class act.

The complete opposite of our last 2 managers (Roeder slightly better than Souness, although thats hardly saying much)

And SBR hit and miss, as was Keegan.

Fergie just never seems to fail.

Veron?

Would you have a manger that makes so few mistakes ?

And Veron wasnt that bad, either.

If he's the worst....

Certainly a class act.

The complete opposite of our last 2 managers (Roeder slightly better than Souness, although thats hardly saying much)

Veron?

If he's the worst....

Well you just said he never seems to fail but for the price tag surely Veron was a failure?

Guest Brazilianbob

Is he really that good if he can't put one past NUFC at SJP against a reserve centre back playing at full back?  Seriously though, he can only be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Zidane and Maradonna etc. if he maintains his present form for the next ten years.

It is interesting to note however, that most of his admirers have omitted making any attempt at a comparison to Pele, because he was absolutely awesome.  He was a better striker than Madrid's Ronaldo has ever been, and certainly better than the likes of Zidane and Cruyff as a playmaker.  Pele had strength on the ball, was excellent in the air, had lightening pace, superb vision, had scintillating skills on the deck, a blistering shot on him with either foot, and scored over 1000 domestic goals in his career.  When Cristiano has a CV that compares to Pele he can truly be regarded as one of the best in the world, but at the moment he is still a precocious talent that has yet to fulfilled.

Guest Phil K

Well you just said he never seems to fail but for the price tag surely Veron was a failure?

It's the level of, and amount of failures though, surely ?

Guest ticaL

Is he really that good if he can't put one past NUFC at SJP against a reserve centre back playing at full back?  Seriously though, he can only be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Zidane and Maradonna etc. if he maintains his present form for the next ten years.

It is interesting to note however, that most of his admirers have omitted making any attempt at a comparison to Pele, because he was absolutely awesome.  He was a better striker than Madrid's Ronaldo has ever been, and certainly better than the likes of Zidane and Cruyff as a playmaker.  Pele had strength on the ball, was excellent in the air, had lightening pace, superb vision, had scintillating skills on the deck, a blistering shot on him with either foot, and scored over 1000 domestic goals in his career.  When Cristiano has a CV that compares to Pele he can truly be regarded as one of the best in the world, but at the moment he is still a precocious talent that has yet to fulfilled.

I agree, apart from what's bolded.

He doesn't have to compare to Pele to truly be one of the greats of our game. He needs to consistently perform for the next few years and influence a major tournement in a big way (not just through non-footballing methods) before he will be a top class player. Even then Cruyff and Zidane really do and will eat his skills with ease.

Certainly a class act.

Veron?

If he's the worst....

Not to forget Kleberson, Djemba Djemba, Taibi and Carrick (who I am repulsed by quite frankly, as a footballer).

I agree, apart from what's bolded.

He doesn't have to compare to Pele to truly be one of the greats of our game. He needs to consistently perform for the next few years and influence a major tournement in a big way (not just through non-footballing methods) before he will be a top class player. Even then Cruyff and Zidane really do and will eat his skills with ease.

Certainly a class act.

Veron?

If he's the worst....

Not to forget Kleberson, Djemba Djemba, Taibi and Carrick (who I am repulsed by quite frankly, as a footballer).

including Carrick in that list is mental, the guy is pure class

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Fact is Pele scored over 50% of his "1000" goals against farmers and peasants and that record also counts disallowed goals and throw ins. Same goes for Romario who is now on "999" goals, what a crock of shit that is. Walcott scored 104 goals in 72 games at school will that count on his record? My fat Geordie mate Will marked Kazenga LuaLua out of the game at school, will he go on to be one of the great centre halves in european history? Some of you people need to get a fucking grip this place is going coco loco 

Guest Brazilianbob

Fact is Pele scored over 50% of his "1000" goals against farmers and peasants and that record also counts disallowed goals and throw ins. Same goes for Romario who is now on "999" goals, what a crock of s*** that is. Walcott scored 104 goals in 72 games at school will that count on his record? My fat Geordie mate Will marked Kazenga LuaLua out of the game at school, will he go on to be one of the great centre halves in european history? Some of you people need to get a f****** grip this place is going coco loco 

Don't talk absolute bo**ocks man!  Pele is head and shoulders above any other player you care to mention, even Zidane and Maradonna couldn't compare to Pele.

Don't talk absolute bo**ocks man!  Pele is head and shoulders above any other player you care to mention, even Zidane and Maradonna couldn't compare to Pele.

The standard of defences is much higher these days. Its all relative though. Pele was a legend in his own right but I really dont think he would be better than ronaldo in present terms. Its like comparing a 60's mustang with a ferrari 360.

Zidane had the vision and sense of occasion, Ronaldo the striker was awesome in his prime, as was Shearer, while Ronaldinho is a bag of tricks, but for sheer panache, Ronaldo beats them hands down. Given his age and position, he is the best player I've seen in my lifetime, and tonight's performance just confirms this. He is unplayable and to think he's only 21 is scary. Awesome player and I for one am glad he's playing in our league.

Can you find posts on the old forum  8)

Guest Brazilianbob

The standard of defences is much higher these days. Its all relative though. Pele was a legend in his own right but I really dont think he would be better than ronaldo in present terms. Its like comparing a 60's mustang with a ferrari 360.

You obviously never saw any of the greats play or you wouldn't embarrass yourself by making this absolutely ludicrous statement.  Cristiano isn't fit to polish Pele's boots.  He has admittedly played a few blinders, but I think even the most ardent Man U fan would accept that he isn't even as good as George Best, let alone Pele.

Zidane had the vision and sense of occasion, Ronaldo the striker was awesome in his prime, as was Shearer, while Ronaldinho is a bag of tricks, but for sheer panache, Ronaldo beats them hands down. Given his age and position, he is the best player I've seen in my lifetime, and tonight's performance just confirms this. He is unplayable and to think he's only 21 is scary. Awesome player and I for one am glad he's playing in our league.

Can you find posts on the old forum  8)

bump.

I take it you can't ?

Shame, I've said for a while he was/is a great player, he's having a purple patch just now, but I would still rather have Rooney at Newcastle.

You obviously never saw any of the greats play or you wouldn't embarrass yourself by making this absolutely ludicrous statement.  Cristiano isn't fit to polish Pele's boots.  He has admittedly played a few blinders, but I think even the most ardent Man U fan would accept that he isn't even as good as George Best, let alone Pele.

true.

This sort of comment always makes me smile. You can't do any better than being the best in your particular era.

As much as I like Ronaldo, Best was one of the best players ever.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I think Kaka is better, but we will find out when Milan play Manure who is the best player in the world atm.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I think Kaka is better, but we will find out when Milan play Manure who is the best player in the world atm.

how does that work ?

It doesn't, just AS9 being slightly wacky is all.

One of the two will come to the forepoint over those two games and possibly win it for their side.