Rona.... KAKA - best player I've ever seen tbh

Guest Knightrider

Did he play yesterday by any chance? Just with it being a big game you do struggle to see him on the pitch at times.  :cheesy:

Ronaldo ?

No. he didn't. Rooney did though.

8)

That the fat lad who defenders let go because they know his weight will see him running into the keeper everytime hes through?

no, its the fat lad who's one of the quickest and strongest players in the premiership, along with having supreme talent and a great attitude on the field.

So its the same fat lad were talking about. The one who is quick, strong, talented, works hard, but whos weight/momentum results in him regularly running the ball into incoming keepers.

In all seriousness, he just needs to tweak small amounts of his game to be a player who is often unstoppable unless hes surrounded by 3 of the opposition. That slightly heavy touch when he beats the last defender, and that slight amount of lift when he powers a shot in at goal from range.

has the perfect player ever existed ?

Is he as good as Maradona, will he be as good as Maradona ?

One thing is for certain, if Gazza had signed for Newcastle instead of manure, or even better if NUFC had had a half decent club with a half decent board of directors at the time .....

We sold Gazza to sign Pele. Nowt wrong with that move. So what if Pele was 56 by that time and we already have 10 strikers in the squad and we paid 3 times the asking price? We sign top players, and intelligent boards sign players based on reputation, because thats what big clubs do.

and how many boards have ran clubs who have achieved a higher league position and qualifified for europe more than us ?

We sold Beardsley and replaced him with madonna for a quarter of the price. We sold Gazza and replaced him with 3 cheaper average players, we sold Waddle and replaced him with a QPR reserve player, the actions of a shite board.

How many big clubs do you see that do what you suggest, but seriously, don't complain if the club lose out on the top players because they stop paying the money, if that is really what you think. I have a feeling that this is just another case of slate them if they pay the money and slate them if they don't.

Fail to see how people can possibly have a go at Rooney. The lad has got a ridiculous amount of talent and is going to get better every year. He's a bit inconsistent and needs someone up top to play with but he's top, top drawer. The most naturally talented English player since Gascoigne.

Ronaldo, as good as he looks against mediocre opposition and in low-profile games has still to convince me that he's going to win a big game single-handed. Kaka put him to shame in the 2 semi-finals last month. Even Gerrard has the ability to take a game by the scruff and drag his team through.

Did he play yesterday by any chance? Just with it being a big game you do struggle to see him on the pitch at times.  :cheesy:

Ronaldo ?

No. he didn't. Rooney did though.

8)

That the fat lad who defenders let go because they know his weight will see him running into the keeper everytime hes through?

no, its the fat lad who's one of the quickest and strongest players in the premiership, along with having supreme talent and a great attitude on the field.

So its the same fat lad were talking about. The one who is quick, strong, talented, works hard, but whos weight/momentum results in him regularly running the ball into incoming keepers.

In all seriousness, he just needs to tweak small amounts of his game to be a player who is often unstoppable unless hes surrounded by 3 of the opposition. That slightly heavy touch when he beats the last defender, and that slight amount of lift when he powers a shot in at goal from range.

has the perfect player ever existed ?

Is he as good as Maradona, will he be as good as Maradona ?

One thing is for certain, if Gazza had signed for Newcastle instead of manure, or even better if NUFC had had a half decent club with a half decent board of directors at the time .....

We sold Gazza to sign Pele. Nowt wrong with that move. So what if Pele was 56 by that time and we already have 10 strikers in the squad and we paid 3 times the asking price? We sign top players, and intelligent boards sign players based on reputation, because thats what big clubs do.

and how many boards have ran clubs who have achieved a higher league position and qualifified for europe more than us ?

We sold Beardsley and replaced him with madonna for a quarter of the price. We sold Gazza and replaced him with 3 cheaper average players, we sold Waddle and replaced him with a QPR reserve player, the actions of a shite board.

How many big clubs do you see that do what you suggest, but seriously, don't complain if the club lose out on the top players because they stop paying the money, if that is really what you think. I have a feeling that this is just another case of slate them if they pay the money and slate them if they don't.

We don't need to hear all this again, do we?

Please? :undecided:

Fail to see how people can possibly have a go at Rooney. The lad has got a ridiculous amount of talent and is going to get better every year. He's a bit inconsistent and needs someone up top to play with but he's top, top drawer. The most naturally talented English player since Gascoigne.

Ronaldo, as good as he looks against mediocre opposition and in low-profile games has still to convince me that he's going to win a big game single-handed. Kaka put him to shame in the 2 semi-finals last month. Even Gerrard has the ability to take a game by the scruff and drag his team through.

without understating Ronaldo, I agree completely with what you say about Rooney and Gerrard, the best 2 English players in the premiership and the 2 players I would buy for Newcastle who are currently playing in the premiership and money was no object.

without understating Ronaldo, I agree completely with what you say about Rooney and Gerrard, the best 2 English players in the premiership and the 2 players I would buy for Newcastle who are currently playing in the premiership and money was no object.

No objections here! They're both absolute quality. Gerrard drives the team on from midfield and Rooney makes things happen up front. You could surround them with shite and the team would still do ok.

No objections here! They're both absolute quality. Gerrard drives the team on from midfield and Rooney makes things happen up front. You could surround them with shite and the team would still do ok.

Tough call though. Drogba is awesome, but Rooney gets the nod. Gerrard has no player coming close for the attacking midfield position.

Tough call though. Drogba is awesome, but Rooney gets the nod. Gerrard has no player coming close for the attacking midfield position.

Aye, Rooney needs someone to play off. Gerrard can run games from the middle of the park on his own.

Prefer both of these to a talented winger who occasionally flits in and out of games - especially the big games. 

Definitely agree regarding Gerrard. I'm still not convinced by Rooney, but more-so than I was last month (before the Milan games and the final). Although tbh, it's not like Gerrard has carried Liverpool this year. They're a different team from the past couple of years, a team that doesn't need Gerrard to score 20+ goals for them to win trophies. I really would like to see Gerrard getting the permission to run the game for England from midfield, and Lampard dropped at the same time. Gerrard + Hargreaves = *drooling*

Let's see next season though. I've yet to be convinced by Rooney over a whole season, and lately, harking by to what I said before in another thread, Ronaldo's been disappointing in the 'big' games (which totally puts my previous opinion of him to shame! :laugh:). Dunno which two I'd pick now. Form wise? Rooney. But a month ago it'd have been Ronaldo. One thing though, Manure are lucky as fuck to have those two playing for them.

Definitely agree regarding Gerrard. I'm still not convinced by Rooney, but more-so than I was last month (before the Milan games and the final). Although tbh, it's not like Gerrard has carried Liverpool this year. They're a different team from the past couple of years, a team that doesn't need Gerrard to score 20+ goals for them to win trophies. I really would like to see Gerrard getting the permission to run the game for England from midfield, and Lampard dropped at the same time. Gerrard + Hargreaves = *drooling*

Let's see next season though. I've yet to be convinced by Rooney over a whole season, and lately, harking by to what I said before in another thread, Ronaldo's been disappointing in the 'big' games. Dunno which two I'd pick now. Form wise? Rooney. But a month ago it'd have been Ronaldo. One thing though, Manure are lucky as fuck to have those two playing for them.

Sometimes there isn't a lot between these players, for instance if you want to choose who is the best central defender you would sign for Newcastle, who would that be ? Personally, I know John Terry is top class, a captain etc etc but a fit Woodgate runs him close and if anybody is on the same level Carragher too is maybe as good as Terry, he has been absolutely awesome for Liverpool sometimes and is a major reason why they could win on Wednesday.

Let's see next season though. I've yet to be convinced by Rooney over a whole season, and lately, harking by to what I said before in another thread, Ronaldo's been disappointing in the 'big' games. Dunno which two I'd pick now. Form wise? Rooney. But a month ago it'd have been Ronaldo. One thing though, Manure are lucky as fuck to have those two playing for them.

Sometimes there isn't a lot between these players, for instance if you want to choose who is the best central defender you would sign for Newcastle, who would that be ? Personally, I know John Terry is top class, a captain etc etc but a fit Woodgate runs him close and if anybody is on the same level Carragher too is maybe as good as Terry, he has been absolutely awesome for Liverpool sometimes and is a major reason why they could win on Wednesday.

Would have been Tony Adams for me. Nearest player nowadays would be Terry but I also like Carragher and he never gets the credit he deserves. 

Agree regarding Gerrard, though I'd be tempted to take Drogba ahead of Rooney at this moment in time if we were talking about taking any two players for Newcastle.

Mostly because I think he'd be just the player Allardyce would want as the focal point of his attack, he's like Kevin Davies only he can play with the ball at his feet so much better. For me the most complete striker in the game.

Interested to see how Rooney develops in the coming years. With Ronaldo at the club it'll be to Man U's benefit to play a 4-3-3 to release him from his defensive duties. So I think Rooney will have to get used to playing from the left hand side, and I think once he gets properly accustomed to it it'll suit him down to the ground.

Agree regarding Gerrard, though I'd be tempted to take Drogba ahead of Rooney at this moment in time if we were talking about taking any two players for Newcastle.

Mostly because I think he'd be just the player Allardyce would want as the focal point of his attack, he's like Kevin Davies only he can play with the ball at his feet so much better. For me the most complete striker in the game.

Interested to see how Rooney develops in the coming years. With Ronaldo at the club it'll be to Man U's benefit to play a 4-3-3 to release him from his defensive duties. So I think Rooney will have to get used to playing from the left hand side, and I think once he gets properly accustomed to it it'll suit him down to the ground.

I'd go along with a lot of that but I think Rooney plays better as one of a partnership upfront. Put him out on the left hand side of an attacking 3 and he can cut inside and get a shot away but that means he can't go on the outside and whip a cross in. Swings and roundabouts? I'd have him playing just behind a moblie, pacy centre forward who is ablr to find space and finish well. His partner would also attract defenders which would enable Rooney that little bit of space and time to create things for himself.

All things considered, Rooney is a cracking player who's going to get better and better. Drogba has really pushed on this season and is one of the best strikers in Europe but I think if you put him in Boro's team - he'd flop, whereas Rooney would still impress. Drogba needs the service - Rooney IS the service.

I'd go along with a lot of that but I think Rooney plays better as one of a partnership upfront. Put him out on the left hand side of an attacking 3 and he can cut inside and get a shot away but that means he can't go on the outside and whip a cross in. Swings and roundabouts? I'd have him playing just behind a moblie, pacy centre forward who is ablr to find space and finish well. His partner would also attract defenders which would enable Rooney that little bit of space and time to create things for himself.

All things considered, Rooney is a cracking player who's going to get better and better. Drogba has really pushed on this season and is one of the best strikers in Europe but I think if you put him in Boro's team - he'd flop, whereas Rooney would still impress. Drogba needs the service - Rooney IS the service.

I'd agree that Rooney is ideally suited to playing as one of a partnership, but do you think he ultimately will end up doing so? I'm not so sure, as it's in Man U's best interests to keep Ronaldo playing high up the pitch as well so a 4-3-3 may make the most sense.

Don't agree with the part about Drogba needing service at all if I'm honest. To me his best feature is that he creates so much for his teammates out of what are often aimless balls forward. He gets his head on almost everything that comes near him, and he's quality with his back to goal. Led the league in assists last season I believe.

I'd take Messi over Cristiano and Rooney and all of the other so called new kids on the block at the moment btw.

Me too, be worried he'd get kicked around in the Premiership a bit though. I mean that literally. He likes to draw people in and then use his quick feet to nick the ball away from him at the last second quite a lot, I'd be worried some clumsy. overly aggressive Phil Stamp-esque character would cripple him.

I'd agree that Rooney is ideally suited to playing as one of a partnership, but do you think he ultimately will end up doing so? I'm not so sure, as it's in Man U's best interests to keep Ronaldo playing high up the pitch as well so a 4-3-3 may make the most sense.

Don't agree with the part about Drogba needing service at all if I'm honest. To me his best feature is that he creates so much for his teammates out of what are often aimless balls forward. He gets his head on almost everything that comes near him, and he's quality with his back to goal. Led the league in assists last season I believe.

I do actually! I think Ronaldo should be used as an out-and-out winger who causes mayhem and forces the defending team to double/triple team up on him which creates space for others. Just feed him the ball til he's sick of it.

Fair point about Drogba but I think he makes the most out of poor service. The way Chelsea play is an issue and I wonder how long he'll put up with being the one who has to deal with the 2 centre halves kicking the shit out of him.  :undecided:

I'd take Messi over Cristiano and Rooney and all of the other so called new kids on the block at the moment btw.

Me too, be worried he'd get kicked around in the Premiership a bit though. I mean that literally. He likes to draw people in and then use his quick feet to nick the ball away from him at the last second quite a lot, I'd be worried some clumsy. overly aggressive Phil Stamp-esque character would cripple him.

Couldn't see it happening, to be honest. He's one of those players like Owen or Giggs who react too fast to ever get caught by bad tackles. Their injuries are always self-induced.

Ronaldo has done nothing to deserve comparison with Kaka yet (or even Gerrard). I think RTE had it spot-on when they said that Ronaldo does things that great players do, but he also does things that a great player would never do. It was one of his silly flicks that gave the ball to Milan just before they scored their first. Kaka is light years ahead in terms of maturity and brains.

What Kaka and Gerrard have that Ronaldo has never demonstrated (like Henry) is that big game mentality. These are players who rise to the occassion and can win the biggest games almost single-handedly. Ronaldo just fades into the background. Week-in, week-out in the league, give me Ronaldo to tear the weaker sides apart. In a big game, I'd rather have Luis Garcia.

Milan's midfield; the best in Europe?

Probably. Chelsea second.

Not having that. We regularly dominate Chelsea in midfield. In the semi, Mascherano and Gerrard totally bossed their central trio.

Or were you including wingers?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Kaka is light years ahead in terms of maturity and brains.

What Kaka and Gerrard have that Ronaldo has never demonstrated (like Henry) is that big game mentality.

Milan's midfield; the best in Europe?

Probably. Chelsea second.

Not having that. We regularly dominate Chelsea in midfield. In the semi, Mascherano and Gerrard totally bossed their central trio.

First off, it's not just mentality; Kaka has a far superior passing game, not only that but his finishing is far better, basically a much more clinical player.

Whether or not Chelsea's midfield is better than yours, Milan's certainly is imo.

Guest Knightrider

Ronaldo has consistently produced for Portugal at international level, he was superb in the Euros and even better in the last World Cup, where as Kaka was poor. So he has shown he can do it the higher he goes. BTW Kaka is 25 and at 22 he wasn't setting the world alight outside of domestic football. He has only really become a world figure type of player this season lets not forget so Ronaldo has 3 years to catch up and stamp his mark on the world game, which just by reputation alone he already has done.

Anyway I don't buy the "he has a long way to go to be as good as Kaka" or "he can't be compared with him because he doesn't do it in the big matches" - neither did Kaka at 22.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Ronaldo has consistently produced for Portugal at international level, he was superb in the Euros and even better in the last World Cup, where as Kaka was poor. So he has shown he can do it the higher he goes. BTW Kaka is 25 and at 22 he wasn't setting the world alight outside of domestic football. He has only really become a world figure type of player this season lets not forget so Ronaldo has 3 years to catch up and stamp his mark on the world game, which just by reputation alone he already has done.

Anyway I don't buy the "he has a long way to go to be as good as Kaka" or "he can't be compared with him because he doesn't do it in the big matches" - neither did Kaka at 22.

Had you even heard of Kaka at 22? No. That's because you should stick to sharks and leave the football to people who know about it.

Guest Knightrider

Had you even heard of Kaka at 22? No. That's because you should stick to sharks and leave the football to people who know about it.

No which confirms my point.