Players in public

Guest hindu times

Eden Hazard was staying at Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi the other week and it’s a spot that i frequent.

He was at the pool opposite me on one of the days and just loads of people were coming up. He was good about it, but he was with his wife and kids, bucket hat on to hide his face, felt a bit sorry for him.

But then it got a bit sour. Some fat local Emirati kids started taunting him, saying that he wasn’t as good as Messi, Mbappe, Ronaldo etc… he said to them that he didn’t understand what they were saying, but he definitely did.

Must have touched a nerve because he got up and left 10 minutes later, taking the family with him.

Imagine getting to the top of your profession and then mocked by a little fat kid whose heart would pop if he got up to a light jog.

22 minutes ago, Fatwax said:

Eden Hazard was staying at Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi the other week and it’s a spot that i frequent.

He was at the pool opposite me on one of the days and just loads of people were coming up. He was good about it, but he was with his wife and kids, bucket hat on to hide his face, felt a bit sorry for him.

But then it got a bit sour. Some fat local Emirati kids started taunting him, saying that he wasn’t as good as Messi, Mbappe, Ronaldo etc… he said to them that he didn’t understand what they were saying, but he definitely did.

Must have touched a nerve because he got up and left 10 minutes later, taking the family with him.

Imagine getting to the top of your profession and then mocked by a little fat kid whose heart would pop if he got up to a light jog.

Basically this applies to any celeb going on James Corden’s telly show aye ? 

42 minutes ago, Fatwax said:

No parents about to parent the kids? 

He was probably tempted with a Ricky gervais moment in saying, at least I’ll be more than you ever will you tubby little fat c*nt. 

1 hour ago, Fatwax said:

A spot you frequent?

Interesting development. Seen anything else?

21 hours ago, Geordie Boyo said:

No parents about to parent the kids? 

He was probably tempted with a Ricky gervais moment in saying, at least I’ll be more than you ever will you tubby little fat c*nt. 

One way of putting it is that the local approach to parenting is somewhat hands off. I work in a British curriculum school over here, and it is fairly high profile, meaning that it has a pretty large Emirati population with a large portion of these being VIPs in a certain age group. The boys in particular can be a nightmare and because of their status they get away with a lot in comparison to the general student population which is on the whole excellent. this isn’t, of course the case with all local children, but it is certainly a different approach to parenting than what she would see in the west.

20 hours ago, Mountain said:

A spot you frequent?

Interesting development. Seen anything else?

now that’s all I’ve seen. You see a lot of celebrities over here, but you will see the football is mostly in Dubai as opposed to Abu Dhabi.

In answer to the first part of your post, most bars, restaurants and Cafes can be found in the many five star hotels and resorts all over Abu Dhabi and Dubai. as a result, it is not uncommon to spend your free time in one of the many hotels, as this is where the social spots are.

Edited by Fatwax

• 1 month later...

On my way home from work I've just walked past Fabian Schär and his partner having a coffee outside Gosforth Traders. He was wearing what possibly looked to be a heavy metal themed hoodie (not wanting to stereotype but it was black with a skull and a load of German text) and shorts like a refined version of The Dude. 

So based only on this, he's now my prime suspect in the case of who sent Tonali to the Job Bullman because the Gosforth Traders isn't really somewhere you'd go to or pass by unless you had some knowledge of the area.

His choice of clothes and general dreamy yet assertive demeanor strongly suggests he made the reservation in person simply by strolling in and making it so. We know he's always on the receiving end of some impact injury each game so a slight limp or casual bandage/plaster would have helped him remain incognito. Back at Benton HQ, he'd have calmly and with the straight face of sincerity made the recommendation to an unsuspecting Sandro, letting the usual suspects of Murphy, Ritchie, Longstaff et al take the spotlight. His limp dissipates as he wanders away having played us like a damn fiddle. 

2 minutes ago, 80 said:

But he was in the passenger seat, right?:nods:

Must have been a left hand drive with somebody else driving, it is slightly tinted mind so I didn't see them...

Doubting myself now, not sure who else would have one, look the same and drive into the training ground.

My son served Anthony Gordon in Curry’s today. He was getting  a wall bracket for a 60” tv, a new tv remote and a purifier which they didn’t have in stock. He asked him if he was nervous for Sunday and he said no they are going to beat Liverpool. He also asked about the stick the players are getting on social media. Gordon said he’s not on any social media but Sandro and bruno seem to be getting the stick.

3 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

My son served Anthony Gordon in Curry’s today. He was getting  a wall bracket for a 60” tv, a new tv remote and a purifier which they didn’t have in stock. He asked him if he was nervous for Sunday and he said no they are going to beat Liverpool. He also asked about the stick the players are getting on social media. Gordon said he’s not on any social media but Sandro and bruno seem to be getting the stick.

Do you reckon Gordon will be fitting the tv bracket himself? I can’t imagine him being handy with DIY. 

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Do you reckon Gordon will be fitting the tv bracket himself? I can’t imagine him being handy with DIY. 

That’s what I said. You’d think he’d look in the yellow pages for tv installation.