Players in public

Guest hindu times

Was sat next to Habib Beye on my flight back from Paris today. Nice bloke, chatted to him a bit before take off.

And then he went straight to Nottingham to face Forest? That doesn't seem like sensible prep.

Aye. Said he was playing tonight when I questioned whether he had played over the weekend. Don't know if this is old news, but said he only left because Shearer wasn't appointed when he was promised he would be.

Was talking to Shane Ferguson in the bogs at Riverside last night. Asked him why he wasn't in the squad for tomorrow, said he's injured for 2 weeks. He asked me what I thought the score would be and I said 4-0 Arsenal :lol:

Then at 2ish saw Lee Cattermole outside Florita's. All I can remember saying to him is 'Can't believe you're Sunderland captain hahaha'. He didn't look best pleased and just walked off.

Was sat next to Habib Beye on my flight back from Paris today. Nice bloke, chatted to him a bit before take off.

And then he went straight to Nottingham to face Forest? That doesn't seem like sensible prep.

Aye. Said he was playing tonight when I questioned whether he had played over the weekend. Don't know if this is old news, but said he only left because Shearer wasn't appointed when he was promised he would be.

very old news. Beye was happy to say with us in the championship but when things dragged on with appointing a manager, he simply got fed-up and decided to leave. I don't know why he gets so much stick on here. The guy was a quality player and a good proffesional. Pretty sad to see his career drain away like it has.

very old news. Beye was happy to say with us in the championship but when things dragged on with appointing a manager, he simply got fed-up and decided to leave. I don't know why he gets so much stick on here. The guy was a quality player and a good proffesional. Pretty sad to see his career drain away like it has.

Ahm... because he said he'd stay, got fed-up and decided to leave. Probably the kicker though was when I saw him pre-season, he clearly had already had the change of heart and looked like he couldn't give a shit about the team anymore.

As you say, was a massive shame how it ended as he was a good player for us and enormously likable.

Ahm... because he said he'd stay, got fed-up and decided to leave. Probably the kicker though was when I saw him pre-season, he clearly had already had the change of heart and looked like he couldn't give a shit about the team anymore.

As you say, was a massive shame how it ended as he was a good player for us and enormously likable.

Well, I don't blame him. We were a shambles back then, no denying that. He said he was happy to stay to help us get back up, but the shambolic running of the club early that season was enough for him to reconsider his decision, clearly for the sake of his career. Did you think Jose Enrique stayed with us because he wanted to? No, he stayed because of his lucrative contract. He said it himself. At least Beye left for footballing reasons when he saw MA and co being clueless buffoons.

Still have a soft spot for Habib like.

Bassong gets undeserved stick as well IMO.

Agree with that, too.

Remember Bassong's immense defensive performance against Everton at home. Seemed like every time the ball went in our box it was him that headed it away. Thought he was a money-grabbing selfish prick at first when he left, he'd have been nothing without us and he didn't care a jot about the club etc. After a while you realise that a team toward the top end of the Premier League offered £8 million for him, neither club nor player would have refused it, grudge gone. Still quite funny how his career is suffering from the curse which usually befalls players who leave us.

EDIT: Dinho's avatar  :lol:

Was talking to Shane Ferguson in the bogs at Riverside last night. Asked him why he wasn't in the squad for tomorrow, said he's injured for 2 weeks. He asked me what I thought the score would be and I said 4-0 Arsenal :lol:

Then at 2ish saw Lee Cattermole outside Florita's. All I can remember saying to him is 'Can't believe you're Sunderland captain hahaha'. He didn't look best pleased and just walked off.

A man who absolutely hates everything to do with Newcastle is using one of our nightclubs a week after the derby, why doesn't he go to a club in Sunde......oh right, yeh. Keep forgetting it's a shithole.

Keep forgetting to say.  I saw Colo a few month back in the Metro Centre.  He was with some old bloke who didn't speak a word of the Queen's.  Anyways I made a bit of a cock of meself - all 'don't go Colo' ' we love you Colo' and that.  felt a bit embarrassed after.  Hope I did the right thing.

Keep forgetting to say.  I saw Colo a few month back in the Metro Centre.  He was with some old bloke who didn't speak a word of the Queen's.  Anyways I made a bit of a cock of meself - all 'don't go Colo' ' we love you Colo' and that.  felt a bit embarrassed after.  Hope I did the right thing.

I genuinely think you're what caused him to sign the new contract. I salute you.

I genuinely think you're what caused him to sign the new contract. I salute you.

ffs man :lol:

:shifty: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,83579.msg3569301.html#msg3569301

Well, I don't blame him. We were a shambles back then, no denying that. He said he was happy to stay to help us get back up, but the shambolic running of the club early that season was enough for him to reconsider his decision, clearly for the sake of his career.

:thup: Didn't think he could help us if we weren't going to help ourselves. Can't blame him for that.

ffs man :lol:

:lol:

Beye I dont really have a problem with, clearly got fed up but acted like a professional all along. Bassong however, refused to play against Dundee in order to force a move, not having that like. He can f*** right off.

I remember being at that game. It was ridiculously sunny, I was dying for a game.

Was the first after Robson's death iirc, didn't know about the Bassong stuff :/

Beye I dont really have a problem with, clearly got fed up but acted like a professional all along. Bassong however, refused to play against Dundee in order to force a move, not having that like. He can f*** right off.

Beye might as well have refused to play against Orient and Leeds that summer. Abysmal attitude.

Bassong, to his credit, stuck out like a sore thumb against Leeds. Best player on the park by a mile.