Players in public

Guest hindu times

• 2 weeks later...

Ex- player - John Barnes in a mall in Johannesburg, South Africa. Spent about a minute chatting to him and went back to my mate who asked who that was to which I instintively replied, ex-Liverpool and England player.

He ocassionally does the local CL show with some local ex-pros and was on this evening. Funny thing is that when the camera was on him the caption read "John Barnes, ex-Newcastle United player, 27appearances, 8 goals"

It completely slipped my mind that he played for us.

Ex- player - John Barnes in a mall in Johannesburg, South Africa. Spent about a minute chatting to him and went back to my mate who asked who that was to which I instintively replied, ex-Liverpool and England player.

He ocassionally does the local CL show with some local ex-pros and was on this evening. Funny thing is that when the camera was on him the caption read "John Barnes, ex-Newcastle United player, 27appearances, 8 goals"

He did...........just another one the boys brigade employed by Kenny the Cunt. Ian Rush, Pearce, John Barnes - all fucking finished.

Barnes was actually our top scorer in 97/98 wasn't he?

Yep. 6.

Thought so.  Seem to remember him scoring a canny goal away at West Ham.  I could have made that up though.

great finish from edge of box

He did...........just another one the boys brigade employed by Kenny the Cunt. Ian Rush, Pearce, John Barnes - all fucking finished.

Steady on, man. Pearce and Barnes were good in their first season. Both of them at that point would probably start for us now.

He did...........just another one the boys brigade employed by Kenny the c***. Ian Rush, Pearce, John Barnes - all f***ing finished.

Steady on, man. Pearce and Barnes were good in their first season. Both of them at that point would probably start for us now.

Sorry, Barnes was shit.

His legs had gone and he was physically shot. He was a wonderful players in the late 80's but when he rocked up in 98 he was ostensibly shit tbh. The heart may have been willing but his (obese) body was very fucking weak.