Players in public

Guest hindu times

Noticed Miggy and Lejuene are on holiday together in Ibiza.

So 2 weeks there I'm presuming that means they self isolate on return?

Just saying  :rolleyes:

And?

And?

Hence just saying...you thick?

And?

Just don't get what you're "just saying"

And?

:jesuswept:

David pleat rocked up at my wife's Nana's funeral. Apparently no one in the family knew who he was, but nana used to look after his kids. Was pretty surreal.

I once hosted a wake when Tony [baldrick] Robinson showed up. I doubt I would have noticed if somebody hadn't phoned and asked to speak to him.

Sat a few rows in front of Frank Worthington in the away end at Blackburn in 93/94, David Kelly in the away end at Coventry the same season - and bottled going up to meet him like a nervous school-kd on their crush.

Saw plenty of our players in the bars and clubs and stuff but that's not uncommon and doesn't feel important.

Likewise during my time on the mackems books re their players, staff, former players and indeed the owner one time - except one day I was sitting leafing through one of their magazines or books in the office feeling chavvy waiting there with training kit on when Ian Brantfoot, formerly Southampton manager, just wandered into the office briefly and I was a bit starstruck because that was my era and you don't expect former Southampton managers to pop up right beside you unheralded as if meandering in off the streets.

Has anybody got a less impressive case of being starstruck?

David pleat rocked up at my wife's Nana's funeral. Apparently no one in the family knew who he was, but nana used to look after his kids. Was pretty surreal.

I once hosted a wake when Tony [baldrick] Robinson showed up. I doubt I would have noticed if somebody hadn't phoned and asked to speak to him.

‘BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM’

• 1 month later...

Sat a few rows in front of Frank Worthington in the away end at Blackburn in 93/94, David Kelly in the away end at Coventry the same season - and bottled going up to meet him like a nervous school-kd on their crush.

Saw plenty of our players in the bars and clubs and stuff but that's not uncommon and doesn't feel important.

Likewise during my time on the mackems books re their players, staff, former players and indeed the owner one time - except one day I was sitting leafing through one of their magazines or books in the office feeling chavvy waiting there with training kit on when Ian Brantfoot, formerly Southampton manager, just wandered into the office briefly and I was a bit starstruck because that was my era and you don't expect former Southampton managers to pop up right beside you unheralded as if meandering in off the streets.

I'm rarely starstruck but this one time [at boot camp] Bob Willis came into my box and I just looked up at him and said, "You're Bob Willis", then left.

It was at Lords, not boot camp. The box was full of celebrities everyday, but on this occasion I just melted.

I'm rarely starstruck but this one time [at boot camp] Bob Willis came into my box and I just looked up at him and said, "You're Bob Willis", then left.

It was at Lords, not boot camp. The box was full of celebrities everyday, but on this occasion I just melted.

that reminds me. is anyone on here old enough to remember the annual Callers Pegasus ODI's at jesmond.

used to be a great day out.

that reminds me. is anyone on here old enough to remember the annual Callers Pegasus ODI's at jesmond.

used to be a great day out.

Aye. Always wanted to go, but was too young. Then it just seemed to disappear. I suppose it lost it's unique appeal when Durham rose to prominence.

• 2 weeks later...