Allardyce to quit Bolton at end of season

Syrette

I am unhappy we spent £5m on a left winger when the defence desperately needed attention first and N'Zogbia has basically been pushed out in part due to the transfer.

The stats seem to think the defence has been fine, its scoring goals that are the problem.

But as ever, look for a reason and you'll find it  :uglystupid2:

Nice dodge on the question by the way  :-[

At last!!! Someone else who can see what's been obvious all bloody season long.

it's a fair point, there have been a number games this season where we've played ok/well/good but not put the ball in the net, conceded then collapsed like a pack of cards

wigan away in particular springs to mind

if michael owen had played 15-20 games with martins the season would have had a totally different look about it, believe me

Aye. That's what I said and I've been saying for ages now that what we really need is another quality striker.

I am unhappy we spent £5m on a left winger when the defence desperately needed attention first and N'Zogbia has basically been pushed out in part due to the transfer.

The stats seem to think the defence has been fine, its scoring goals that are the problem.

Bit hypocritical today are we?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=38902.0#quickreply

Great stats. Might shut all the ignorant f...rs on here up. Although I doubt it.

Stats tell you very little, that you think they do means you should stick to golf.

Stats are good when they agree with you, but are bad when they dont, right?

Stick with your original views tbh, they were correct. Stats more often than not mean little when it comes to football because there can be different reasons for those statistics - weve not conceded too many goals because the rest of the Premiership is quite shiite, and when weve come up against the top sides, weve gone all out defensive for the most part. In fact, considering weve had the likes of Butt and Parker in central midfield together alot of the time, its pretty accurate to say we are a defensive, unadventurous team.

Fact is, look at our squad of defenders - apart from Taylor, most arent mid table Premiership quality, let alone top 6, which even then doesnt include Taylor. And weve got two perma-crocks registered at left back, which is why weve had to play academy kids, as well as your precious left winger Duff, as well as a poor right back in the shape of Carr, in the first team, at left back, for most of the season. But go ahead and use anything you can think of to justify our failure in reinforcing the defence.

In regards to Martins Roeder did very well indeed. I have no problems with that. Its just his other 5 transfers that cause me concern as we are heading into a new transfer window.

:cheesy:

Hilarious the way you use the "availability" word when babbling on about Martins but conveniently forget that it applies equally to all possible transfers.

Bit of a difference between players like Martins and Duff whose clubs have agreed to sell them and actually buying a player whose current club want to keep. Not suprised you fail to see this though.

At least the words make some kind of sense from an English language perspective, unlike some other posts of yours that come across as though you've just knocked back 10 pints of beer, or something.

Anyway, you're right, I don't have the foggiest idea what it is you're on about in your post above, but I'll take a stab. It sounds to me as though you're suggesting a player is only "available"when they are transfer listed. Is that what you're saying?  :cheesy:

I do love the way you throw in a dig at someone when you are struggling to understand things.

There is quite a difference between signing a player that has been allowed to leave a club and having to work to bring in a player a club doesn't really want to go or other clubs are trying to get. So far Roeder seems to have failed in getting players that other clubs are seriously interested in (Huth, Woodgate, Kuyt...) or that the clubs don't want to let go (Knight, Davies, Babel, French striker we tried to sign at the end of the last transfer window...).

i like this concept, that you have to "work" at transfers and they're "incredibly difficult" to make happen

surely times haven't changed beyond picking the phone up, saying how much for this lad?  negotiating until you reach an agreement? 

where else does the work come in?  you never hear about manu, chel$ki, arsenal, liverpool having to "work" do you?  they either pay the asking price or don't

"work" is what you do when you're trying to get something for nothing

Aye because transfers always happen in a matter of days. Manchester United just decided they wanted Carrick went straight in and signed him.

no, they started with a bid and increased it 'til spurs accepted then the deal went through...it's negotiating 101 ain't it?

Thats the problem if the going gets tough, Glenn gets going. He has commented before about how he would like to sign so and so but didn't think their current club would sell.

Guest Nappy Rash

Aye Jose fought tooth and nail to keep him :lol:

I am starting to think you are just on the WUM now, you really can't be this stupid.

There is fuck all a club can do when a player wants to go man, surely with all your Championship Manager logic you know this.

You're calling me stupid  mackems.gif

Its like being called a mong by a fully fledged window licker  mackems.gif

Im sure Dave will be warning you about abuse now, or is it just for people not in the clique  :coolsmiley:

it's a fair point, there have been a number games this season where we've played ok/well/good but not put the ball in the net, conceded then collapsed like a pack of cards

if michael owen had played 15-20 games with martins the season would have had a totally different look about it, believe me

Surely it's just as easy to speculate that with a half-decent defence we'd be doing much better too? We got as far as we did in the Waffa Cup with the striking options now, with a better defence could we have won it?

not really 'cause we didn't have a top class defence sitting on the treatment table all season whereas we did have a striker of said calibre....

he's also culpable for talking the talk too much during the windows but i largely agree with this

Possibly Mr M, but we aren't blessed with the intricacies of exactly what goes on.

He said he gave the Chairman a list Months before there was a signing, were  the players too expensive, were the alternatives not willing to move?

Only two people know for definite, but what Im glad he hasnt done is bought a body for the sake of it or took an ageing name on a last pay day.

Sibierski?

Quit trying to be clever numbnuts, you're lacking the equipment.

Sibierski was free, not bought  :uglystupid2:

Gejon is of course is right to point out Sibierski.

He was not released by City, his contract was bought by Newcastle for an undisclosed fee within an hour of Roeder being notified of his availability.  Roeder admitted that he spent that hour phoning round to find out what the guy was like.

Whether the offensive tadpole swimming around your skull is capable of accepting it or not, Sibi's signing is the epitome of aging failures being brought in at the last minute to fill out the numbers. And thank fuck he did come because with Roeder’s inability to strengthen the overall squad numbers (along the way 'missing out' on his move to lose Milner so as to bring in another aging forward Viduka, and indecision leading to losing two defensive targets to Boro), we found ourselves absolutely desperate for any extra bodies as soon as the inevitable injuries started piling up.

As for Alladyce, he can control and get the best out of a diverse group with mixed reputations and I would like to think that he could do the same for our bunch of prima donnas. We don't have the money to waste any more and again I would trust him with that side of things as well. Not the first name we might have all hoped for but with tumbling expectations on whether any decent manager would take the job anymore, he might well be a good step to take the club back in the right direction.

In regards to Martins Roeder did very well indeed. I have no problems with that. Its just his other 5 transfers that cause me concern as we are heading into a new transfer window.

:cheesy:

Hilarious the way you use the "availability" word when babbling on about Martins but conveniently forget that it applies equally to all possible transfers.

Bit of a difference between players like Martins and Duff whose clubs have agreed to sell them and actually buying a player whose current club want to keep. Not suprised you fail to see this though.

At least the words make some kind of sense from an English language perspective, unlike some other posts of yours that come across as though you've just knocked back 10 pints of beer, or something.

Anyway, you're right, I don't have the foggiest idea what it is you're on about in your post above, but I'll take a stab. It sounds to me as though you're suggesting a player is only "available"when they are transfer listed. Is that what you're saying?  :cheesy:

I believe the point he is trying to make is that we only seem to get players who are basically transfer listed and never actually manage to get anyone who their club is looking to keep.

Which is of course something the facts will show to be total and complete bollocks, unless a couple of signings made last summer is as far back as his (and maybe your own) memory can go?

erm...  :undecided:

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8743/roederci8.jpg

you'll have to enlighten me tbh

Show my post to your mam then ask her to explain why your post misses the point and therefore looks stupid.

I think you're going to take some enlightening, so this is going to be my only attempt.

Guest Nappy Rash

Gejon is of course is right to point out Sibierski.

Gejon is like you, incorrect, as he was attempting to quote me and thus prove me wrong.

The moral of the story is those lacking the required organs for thinking, shouldnt attempt it  :coolsmiley:

Actually reading would go a long way to resolve these matters, but learning is obviously time consuming.

Aye. That's what I said and I've been saying for ages now that what we really need is another quality striker.

We need both. Defenders to defend well, as well as a striker to put the ball in the back of the net. Difference is that weve already cashed our chips in on the frontline - 10mill on Martins, 17mill on Owen, with the likes of Ameobi, Luque, Dyer, Carroll, Duff, as backup.

What has been the outlay on the defence? Practically nowt. Result? Shiite defenders simply not good enough for us regularly getting into the team. Theyve been as costly to us as the failure to partner Martins with someone half decent this season.

Surely it's just as easy to speculate that with a half-decent defence we'd be doing much better too? We got as far as we did in the Waffa Cup with the striking options now, with a better defence could we have won it?

not really 'cause we didn't have a top class defence sitting on the treatment table all season whereas we did have a striker of said calibre....

Even more reason to try and get some defenders of calibre in then?

Aye Jose fought tooth and nail to keep him :lol:

I am starting to think you are just on the WUM now, you really can't be this stupid.

There is fuck all a club can do when a player wants to go man, surely with all your Championship Manager logic you know this.

You're calling me stupid  mackems.gif

Its like being called a mong by a fully fledged window licker  mackems.gif

Im sure Dave will be warning you about abuse now, or is it just for people not in the clique  :coolsmiley:

If you really think Jose was that bothered about Duff going then its not abuse calling you stupid its fact.

Going by what you say it looks as if we've no need for a manager, we just need somebody to pick the team then its job done.

Hows that you idiot?

You're the one that gives the Manager no praise when things go well, yet blame him for everything when it goes wrong you muppet  :uglystupid2: mackems.gif

Read what I actually say and then try with the tripe you've written  mackems.gif

Logic is a totally foreign concept to some on here like.

Logic isn't something you seem to know much about, you complain when somebody says one thing but you're quite happy to use the reverse argument.

You absolve Roeder of any blame for the Birmingham debacle yet you name three players who had poor games, Huntingdon was terrible from the first minute to the last yet he remained on the pitch for the full game but that was no fault of Roeder, Ramage had a mare yet he was also given 90 minutes while Edgar sat on the bench, again no fault of Roeder, you can't blame him.

I'll take into consideration that we played Sheffield  United within 48 hours of playing in Europe then I'll remember the season we did the same thing regularly under a good manager yet came back to win almost every league game which followed those games.

Roeder has made plenty of tactical mistakes, we went away to Man U and he played a formation which was never going to do anything other than get beat, we went away to Holland and most people felt we'd blown it before even kicking a ball.

You ask what a manager can do about players having a nightmare, he can make sure that he doesn't carry on picking players who are having the mares, he played Huntington a few times after he'd played crap yet Edgar has disappeared from the scene after playing well.  Roeder can also take players off during a game, I've already mentioned two against Birmingham who could and should have come off.

Even more reason to try and get some defenders of calibre in then?

oh aye, i agree actually

i feel that we spent big on martins and shouldn't have spent anymore one strikers when there was a 17m one sitting about with knee-knack

we should have spent on the defence but didn't however...all i was saying was that we had owen on the books the whole season and he's not been able to kick a ball...he would have made a huge difference to the season no doubt about it

as would 2-3 new good defenders

Guest Nappy Rash

I love how people excuse Roeder with the injuries we've had, yet nobody let Souness off for it. In fact, they were all his own fault. Lady luck and all that. :lol:

Dave nobody is excusing anybody for anything.

It seems that the "Insert Manager Here Out" Posse think that anyone who isnt blaming the Manager for absolutely everything is an apologist for him and backing him, which is not the case if you care to read like the other knackers.

Its not all black and white.

I ask you, is it beyond the realms of possibility that with only two players (Owen and Given) that we'd have another 10 points this season?

Thats at least for me.

Thats why Im not pouring petrol over mesel telling everyone the World is coming to an end.

And that is why Im not salivating at the prospect of sacking one unproven Manager for another unproven Manager who is no better.

mrmojorisin75, :thup:

The truth is we need investment/development in a few different areas, which is bad news with the finances as they are. In this case we need someone who can find and get the best out of cheaper players, and I don't trust Roeder in this regard. Allardyce I would.

Guest Nappy Rash

If you really think Jose was that bothered about Duff going then its not abuse calling you stupid its fact.

I suggest you read what Mourinho said at the time, it may then start to sink in.

I've had PM's warning me about you already man  :uglystupid2: mackems.gif

The truth is we need investment/development in a few different areas, which is bad news with the finances as they are. In this case we need someone who can find and get the best out of cheaper players, and I don't trust Roeder in this regard. Allardyce I would.

i said somewhere earlier in all this that if allardyce were coming in with the remit of operating on a budget and looking to bring in cheaper players and get the best out of what we have then fair enough, i agree

however the noise coming out of the club is that they'll spend money in the window to "strengthen the squad" which i read as spending significantly...i don't see an argument for giving allardyce cash ahead of roeder...

I suggest you read what Mourinho said at the time, it may then start to sink in.

I've had PM's warning me about you already man  :uglystupid2: mackems.gif

Oh no not PM's!!!

I am guessing Mourinho did the usual manager talk along the lines of "he was a really good player, really didnt want to lose him but he wanted first team football and I respect his wishes" right?

From reading your stuff on here it really does not suprise me one bit that you believed that customary line.

cant be arsed reading through 9 pages of this so if someone else has posted it, then sorry, but 5 live this morning claimed it was a done deal him coming here

Who on Five Live?

Guest Nappy Rash

You absolve Roeder of any blame for the Birmingham debacle yet you name three players who had poor games, Huntingdon was terrible from the first minute to the last yet he remained on the pitch for the full game but that was no fault of Roeder, Ramage had a mare yet he was also given 90 minutes while Edgar sat on the bench, again no fault of Roeder, you can't blame him.

I'll take into consideration that we played Sheffield  United within 48 hours of playing in Europe then I'll remember the season we did the same thing regularly under a good manager yet came back to win almost every league game which followed those games.

Roeder has made plenty of tactical mistakes, we went away to Man U and he played a formation which was never going to do anything other than get beat, we went away to Holland and most people felt we'd blown it before even kicking a ball.

You ask what a manager can do about players having a nightmare, he can make sure that he doesn't carry on picking players who are having the mares, he played Huntington a few times after he'd played crap yet Edgar has disappeared from the scene after playing well.  Roeder can also take players off during a game, I've already mentioned two against Birmingham who could and should have come off.

I might aswell go and sit on the Sunshine Bus and debate with them.

Look I have absolved Roeder of nothing, I said everything has to be taken into consideration, you on the other hand, give him no credit for the postives, but blame him for the negatives.

Im wasting my time with someone who cant read.

i said somewhere earlier in all this that if allardyce were coming in with the remit of operating on a budget and looking to bring in cheaper players and get the best out of what we have then fair enough, i agree

however the noise coming out of the club is that they'll spend money in the window to "strengthen the squad" which i read as spending significantly...i don't see an argument for giving allardyce cash ahead of roeder...

How often has he wasted money when he has got it?