Allardyce to quit Bolton at end of season

Syrette

Ok you believe everything you read from manager interviews then tell me not to believe things like Sky? :lol:

Glad to see you have completed resorted to abuse and have given up on the thread topic. Always a sure fire winner that.

Allardyce pisses all over Roeder in every aspect of management. Their respective careers show this and just because Roeder finished above him last season it does not mean he is a better manager. Leighton Baines will finish in a team below Babayaro but that doesnt mean Babayaro is the better left back.

God give me strength.

How do you come to the conclusion that I believe everything Managers say?

Because I pointed out that Mourinho didnt actually want Duff to leave when some idiot claimed we only sign players nobody wants (basically)?

I havent given up on the thread topic, I have followed it around every twist and turn, unlike some, who've never grasped it from start to finish.

Allardyce is not better than Roeder, if he was that good, his best season would not be below an average Manager who was picking up Souness' mess, as much as you want to believe its true.

Look at Moyes at Everton, he may have flirted with relegation a few times, but he's had them finish in the top 4 and they're not far away again.

He hasnt been blessed with the same duration as Allardyce either.

Allardyce is another mediocre Manager.

If he's that fuckin good explain to me how come a shit Manager like Roeder can finish above him with the problems he inherited?

Could I see Roeder finishing above Wenger? Ferguson? Benitez? Mourinho? Absolutely not, Allardyce, no problem.

Roeder still took over a squad with more quality player for player than Bolton. We had a purple patch, a honeymoon period and we did very well. This is his season and we are struggling. Bolton have for the first time been able to spend some money in the summer, Allardyce does the business and they are now on the verge of Europe.

Roeder has always been an average manager at best. Even when he has had some quality players he has struggled to ever get the best out of them and this stinks of more man management/motivation. As others have said we have often got our better results when Roeder has had less choices to make.

mrmojorisin75, :thup:

The truth is we need investment/development in a few different areas, which is bad news with the finances as they are. In this case we need someone who can find and get the best out of cheaper players, and I don't trust Roeder in this regard. Allardyce I would.

i said somewhere earlier in all this that if allardyce were coming in with the remit of operating on a budget and looking to bring in cheaper players and get the best out of what we have then fair enough, i agree

however the noise coming out of the club is that they'll spend money in the window to "strengthen the squad" which i read as spending significantly...i don't see an argument for giving allardyce cash ahead of roeder...

Here's one - Allardyce has not shown himself to be a lying, incompetent, shite manager. Roeder has. End of chat.

mrmojorisin75, :thup:

The truth is we need investment/development in a few different areas, which is bad news with the finances as they are. In this case we need someone who can find and get the best out of cheaper players, and I don't trust Roeder in this regard. Allardyce I would.

i said somewhere earlier in all this that if allardyce were coming in with the remit of operating on a budget and looking to bring in cheaper players and get the best out of what we have then fair enough, i agree

however the noise coming out of the club is that they'll spend money in the window to "strengthen the squad" which i read as spending significantly...i don't see an argument for giving allardyce cash ahead of roeder...

How often has he wasted money when he has got it?

roeder had spent 15m and not wasted any, what's the argument for giving allardyce the cash ahead of roeder

answer my question i'll answer yours

Because Allardyce actually brings in players, doesn't waste money (not saying Roeder does) and is an all round better manager.

fair enough, that's your point of view

as for your question the only money i know he's had is for anelka and i'd now say it has been and better than anything roeder has spent, arguably worse value given the fact he's 28 and has a pathcy history and temperament

He has helped transform them into a team that are likely to qualify for Europe. Worth every penny. He has spent fairly big (for Bolton) on Diouf aswell who is a very good striker and has done a good job there. These players do have poor history with attitude but this is another plus point for Allardyce in he knows how to handle this and get the best out of the players.

diouf was nominal, wages only

Pretty sure he was about £3.5m

wouldn't stake my life either way, regardless it's hardly shedloads is it?

No its not an earth shattering amount but its another sign that when he is given money to spend he doesn't piss it away on shit players.

Guest Nappy Rash

Mick

You've given him no credit, you've credited Martins to luck.

Its a shame one's bitterness and bile can rule out reason.

Gejon

How would any Manager outside the top 4 have done with our injuries? Relegation would probably be the most likely outcome.

The fact that its so difficult to prove how much better Allardyce is than Roeder should speak volumes, but some of you are far too insular to give into reason.

I'd back Roeder to finish above Allardyce next season with a sensible injury list and not the one we've just had.

I'll give you two in particular 12 Months and you'd be calling for his head.

By the way, hows MON doing in his honeymoon period, remember DOL nearly took that squad into Europe......

Mick

Gejon

How would any Manager outside the top 4 have done with our injuries? Relegation would probably be the most likely outcome.

The fact that its so difficult to prove how much better Allardyce is than Roeder should speak volumes, but some of you are far too insular to give into reason.

I'd back Roeder to finish above Allardyce next season with a sensible injury list and not the one we've just had.

By the way, hows MON doing in his honeymoon period, remember DOL nearly took that squad into Europe......

Stupid comment.

We had an injury crisis of a very few good enough players. The rest were utter, utter shite that the cretin Roeder FAILED TO REPLACE - his fault.

Get to fuck Roeder, here's hoping something happens to end your NUFC career.

Mick

Gejon

I wouldn't be calling for his head as he is a good manager.

We have had bad injuries but he hasn't helped the situation either.

Try the bit I quoted and then the explanation  :uglystupid2:

I didnt realise ignorance and posting on here were mutually exclusive.

By lad. This is cracking banter.

You said -

...what Im glad he hasnt done is bought a body for the sake of it or took an ageing name on a last pay day.

And I stated that Gejon was right to bring Sibierski up and gave my reasons. Roeder had little on him other than his name and some hastily gathered opinions. Along with Bernard, if that is not a desparate gamble on getting bodies in, then I don't know what is.

He was not released by City, his contract was bought by Newcastle for an undisclosed fee within an hour of Roeder being notified of his availability.  Roeder admitted that he spent that hour phoning round to find out what the guy was like.

Whether the offensive tadpole swimming around your skull is capable of accepting it or not, Sibi's signing is the epitome of aging failures being brought in at the last minute to fill out the numbers. And thank fuck he did come because with Roeder’s inability to strengthen the overall squad numbers (along the way 'missing out' on his move to lose Milner so as to bring in another aging forward Viduka, and indecision leading to losing two defensive targets to Boro), we found ourselves absolutely desperate for any extra bodies as soon as the inevitable injuries started piling up.

As for Alladyce, he can control and get the best out of a diverse group with mixed reputations and I would like to think that he could do the same for our bunch of prima donnas. We don't have the money to waste any more and again I would trust him with that side of things as well. Not the first name we might have all hoped for but with tumbling expectations on whether any decent manager would take the job anymore, he might well be a good step to take the club back in the right direction.

Now rather than dancing around and laughably claiming that others have a lack of comprehension, if there are inacuracies in my post tell me and argue against them.

Guest Knightrider

Yes please. Roeder has done well enough in the circumstances but he's not good enough really so should a manager who is comes along, we should at least take a look. Allardyce would be a massive massive improvement on Roeder and is for my money the best manager outside of the top 4. The club obviously don't think Roeder is good enough long-term either otherwise there would be no 12 month review clause in his contract nor such a short deal (2 years).

As for Bolton playing ugly football :lol:

And what do we play?

I'd swap our position in the table for theirs, and half our squad too. Mind, they can keep their coaching staff, Terry Mac and Geordie boy Lee Clark will see us right :lol:

Mick

Gejon

I've credited Roeder with Martins and Sibierski, luck may have played a part in getting Martins but I have no problem with giving the credit to Roeder.  He's still a poor manager and you can dress it up any way you want.

Roeder finished 1 place and two points above Allardyce while the players and fans were lifted by the Souness sacking.  Roeder did this with no Michael Owen, this year without Michael Owen we're currently 12 points and 6 positions below Bolton.

We've lost Shearer and brought in Martins who has scored more than Shearer would have scored.

Guest Knightrider

Roeder deserves credit for Martins and Sibbers, as well as Milner's form, Dyer's return and a few other things, to be fair to him. He's an average manager like but not as bad as some make out, not in my opinion anyway. I think he needs another season and I wouldn't be too fussed if he got that if there is no alternative and by that I mean someone out there we could attract/have the will to attract, who is significantly better. Otherwise we'd be back to square one. That said, if the stories of Big Sam leaving Bolton are true, we should do everything we can to bring him in, it would be a derelict of duty to do otherwise.

Guest Nappy Rash

I did guess that.

Souness apologist turned Roeder apologist, he must be a mackem with that track record.

Your profound use of logic knows no ends Mick.

So Roeder is to blame for everything bad, but takes no credit for the good.

And yet again, despite me saying otherwise, because Im not wanting rid of a Manager and slating him for everything and anything, Im an apologist  mackems.gif

I had to introduce mesel to Parky as he didnt spot me after all our Years  :smitten:

Nappy Rash is OBI BTW :lol:

I did guess that.

Souness apologist turned Roeder apologist, he must be a mackem with that track record.

OBI, HTT or both?

OBI, he stuck up for Souness right until the bitter end and he's doing the same with Roeder.

And I stated that Gejon was right to bring Sibierski up and gave my reasons. Roeder had little on him other than his name and some hastily gathered opinions. Along with Bernard, if that is not a desparate gamble on getting bodies in, then I don't know what is.

He was not released by City, his contract was bought by Newcastle for an undisclosed fee within an hour of Roeder being notified of his availability.  Roeder admitted that he spent that hour phoning round to find out what the guy was like.

Whether the offensive tadpole swimming around your skull is capable of accepting it or not, Sibi's signing is the epitome of aging failures being brought in at the last minute to fill out the numbers. And thank fuck he did come because with Roeder’s inability to strengthen the overall squad numbers (along the way 'missing out' on his move to lose Milner so as to bring in another aging forward Viduka, and indecision leading to losing two defensive targets to Boro), we found ourselves absolutely desperate for any extra bodies as soon as the inevitable injuries started piling up.

if there are inacuracies in my post tell me and argue against them.

The bit about not knowing anything about Sibierski is wrong there.

Roeder had tried to sign Sibierski while at West Ham, but he opted to go to Man City instead.

If he did make any phone calls, it was jus to inquire about fitness etc.

Otherwise pretty much all you said is spot on.

I did guess that.

Your profound use of logic knows no ends Mick.

So Roeder is to blame for everything bad, but takes no credit for the good.

And yet again, despite me saying otherwise, because Im not wanting rid of a Manager and slating him for everything and anything, Im an apologist  mackems.gif

I had to introduce mesel to Parky as he didnt spot me after all our Years  :smitten:

Serious question.

Why are you happy to give managers more time when almost everyone else can see through them?  I'm not just talking about on here because I don't know a single person who thinks Roeder is up to the job.

Guest Nappy Rash

OBI, he stuck up for Souness right until the bitter end and he's doing the same with Roeder.

Incorrect, just as before, I pointed out its not all doom and gloom and told you to be careful what you wished for.

You in particular Mick were saying we'd be relegated, I pointed out we were closer to Europe, guess where we finished  :coolsmiley:

But nobody did take me up on the bet did they.

Ok you believe everything you read from manager interviews then tell me not to believe things like Sky? :lol:

Glad to see you have completed resorted to abuse and have given up on the thread topic. Always a sure fire winner that.

Allardyce pisses all over Roeder in every aspect of management. Their respective careers show this and just because Roeder finished above him last season it does not mean he is a better manager. Leighton Baines will finish in a team below Babayaro but that doesnt mean Babayaro is the better left back.

God give me strength.

How do you come to the conclusion that I believe everything Managers say?

Because I pointed out that Mourinho didnt actually want Duff to leave when some idiot claimed we only sign players nobody wants (basically)?

I havent given up on the thread topic, I have followed it around every twist and turn, unlike some, who've never grasped it from start to finish.

Allardyce is not better than Roeder, if he was that good, his best season would not be below an average Manager who was picking up Souness' mess, as much as you want to believe its true.

Look at Moyes at Everton, he may have flirted with relegation a few times, but he's had them finish in the top 4 and they're not far away again.

He hasnt been blessed with the same duration as Allardyce either.

Allardyce is another mediocre Manager.

If he's that fuckin good explain to me how come a s*** Manager like Roeder can finish above him with the problems he inherited?

Could I see Roeder finishing above Wenger? Ferguson? Benitez? Mourinho? Absolutely not, Allardyce, no problem.

That wasn't Alladyce's best season.  They finished 6th the year before, just behind liverpool

Roeder deserves credit for Martins and Sibbers, as well as Milner's form, Dyer's return and a few other things, to be fair to him. He's an average manager like but not as bad as some make out, not in my opinion anyway. I think he needs another season and I wouldn't be too fussed if he got that if there is no alternative and by that I mean someone out there we could attrackt/have the will to attract, who is significantly better. Otherwise we'd be back to square one.

Come on, other than playing the bloke, you would be hard pushed to give any credit to Roeder for Sibierski, he lucked out when signing him for a start getting a call so soon before the deadline closed. As for Milner, Roeder is bloody lucky the bloke is even still here after he failed to effectively swap him for Viduka.