Bellamy to Leave Reds

Guest designer7
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Every single time I've seen him for the reds this season he has been overshadowed by his fellow strikers.

Aye his style of play really doesn't suit Liverpool, or he doesn't suit Liverpool's style of play. At Blackburn he was the focus of the team and he flourished with goals and assists; him and McCarthy would be lethal.

Karjala: To be fair, scoring (the winner?) at the Nou Camp is probably the peak of his career.

Im talking career wise, not a specific moment. Like Ferdinand said the toon was the best time of his career, Belland will look back with similar thoughts (if he isnt stubborn) he could have maybes become a toon legend here, i dont think he'll get many more chances after he leaves lpool.

Craig Bellamy tonight rubbished suggestions he has no working relationship with Rafael Benitez, branding the story "complete garbage."

Said Bellamy: "A journalist working for BBC Radio Wales has told people I have problems with Rafa and haven't even got a working relationship with him. That's complete garbage.

"I have gone on record recently and I will say it again now that I have learnt more from Rafael Benitez than any other coach I have worked with.

"I am a much better player for the time I've spent working with him and if I do go on to manage at some point in the future he's the model I'll use in my career. I can't make my respect for him any clearer than that.

"I am even more disappointed that we are approaching a massive game on Tuesday against Chelsea and I am having to waste time responding to this nonsense."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N155762070428-2250.htm

Guest Ridzuan

I thought it was true until I read his statement at the official website.Anyway,even if its true,I dont think he will be coming back here though that is what I would prefer.Aston Villa have been closely link with a move for him in the summer,so you just never know what will happen to Bellamy.He could be saying one thing and does the opposite.

fat fred will NEVER allow Bellamy back so forget it - remember it wasn't just Souness he slagged off

Lets face it - the guy has been a problem wherever he's been

a nasty little welshman with a BIg chip on both shoulders

Why would the media bloke go on national TV and talk a load of shite if it wasn't true?

Don't believe Bellamy myself tbh.

Fine example of his "loyalty", really.

There he is, playing for the club he "supported as a boy", and he's whining about how Benitez doesn't play him often enough or use him in the way he wants to be used (according to that report, anyway). It's all me, me, me. A bit like when he started muttering about how he'd have to leave us if we signed Rooney.

He loves Newcastle really. :lol:

Every single time I've seen him for the reds this season he has been overshadowed by his fellow strikers. It's sad, he's one of my favourite players, but over Martins? No ta...

So you didn't see our 2:1 win over Liverpool then?..

As for Bellamy vs Martins.. well I like Martins and have defended him in the past, but at the moment he's certainly not on the same level as Bellamy was for us.  He's scored more goals, but his performances have been nowhere near as good.  Bellamy consistently inspired our team when he was here (well consistently when he was fit anyway :)).

fat fred will NEVER allow Bellamy back so forget it - remember it wasn't just Souness he slagged off

Lets face it - the guy has been a problem wherever he's been

a nasty little welshman with a BIg chip on both shoulders

Split loyalties for HTL, which arse does he like being up more? Shepherd or Bellamy? Tough one...

Guest smoggeordie

Every single time I've seen him for the reds this season he has been overshadowed by his fellow strikers. It's sad, he's one of my favourite players, but over Martins? No ta...

As for Bellamy vs Martins.. well I like Martins and have defended him in the past, but at the moment he's certainly not on the same level as Bellamy was for us.  He's scored more goals, but his performances have been nowhere near as good.  Bellamy consistently inspired our team when he was here (well consistently when he was fit anyway :)).

Could Bellamy have scored almost 20 goals in a season when leading the line ON HIS OWN? In fact, Martins has scored more this season than any season that Bellamy was here, and he's chipped in with a few assists too.

Could Bellamy have scored almost 20 goals in a season when leading the line ON HIS OWN? In fact, Martins has scored more this season than any season that Bellamy was here, and he's chipped in with a few assists too.

I'm sorry, but whatever you think of Bellamy, his link-up play and all-round team play is about ten times that of Martins.

Obviously Keefaz has it right in this thread, but then he understands football in the context of the team, rather than the individual.

It's daft that anybody is directly comparing Bellamy with Martins, tbh. They're a completely different type of player. Martins is a out and out goalscorer who has a lot to learn about team play, the other is not an out and out goalscorer but is a support striker, whose main strength is his team play and ability to bring others into the game. Martins could learn a lot from Bellamy about how to use his pace and how to improve his movement off the ball for the benefit of the team.

Guest Phil K

The man is a complete ars*hole and yob, but he can play a bit - just not as much as many people think (including Bellamy himsaelf) but yes, I'd have him back considering some of the shite that have played in black and white since he left.

Aye that match where Bellend missed a load of sitters...again!

It's daft that anybody is directly comparing Bellamy with Martins, tbh. They're a completely different type of player. Martins is a out and out goalscorer who has a lot to learn about team play

No he's not. He's just been forced into that role this season because there's no one else. You can see that from his play inside the box, it's virtually non-existant half the time. His movement is poor. He isn't the goalscoring predator that you describe - that Owen is. Hopefully the goalscoring burden will be lifted off him when Owen returns.

I think it's a tad unfair to compare how Bellamy did for us with how Martins has done for us so far in so much as Bellamy was playing with pretty much his perfect partner in terms of playing style and Oba has been playing with shit midfielders.

I think it's a tad unfair to compare how Bellamy did for us with how Martins has done for us so far in so much as Bellamy was playing with pretty much his perfect partner in terms of playing style and Oba has been playing with shit midfielders.

Solano and Robert at their peaks providing for him instead of Duff and Milner (I rate Milner but he isnt near Solano at his peak and probably wont be). 

No ta we have martins owen and Dyer for pace now up top and although he's a good player i hate all the other shit he brings with him so No thanks imo we desperately need defenders not midfielders not Tevez etc but good defenders first and foremost!

TBF Bellamy has had a lot of good managers working to get the best out of him and as soon as get gets a sub-standard one in Souness, he goes off the boil and his mouth explodes.

Martins has had to deal with a man with as much charisma as dead fish, and with as much managerial ability as carrot.

Not to mention the teams each have played in.

It's daft that anybody is directly comparing Bellamy with Martins, tbh. They're a completely different type of player. Martins is a out and out goalscorer who has a lot to learn about team play

No he's not. He's just been forced into that role this season because there's no one else. You can see that from his play inside the box, it's virtually non-existant half the time. His movement is poor. He isn't the goalscoring predator that you describe - that Owen is. Hopefully the goalscoring burden will be lifted off him when Owen returns.

Ok, so if he's not an out and out goalscorer let's judge him purely as a supporting striker. In the role of supporting striker he's nowhere near as good as Bellamy regardless of whether or not he can "fill in" as an outright goalscorer better than Bellamy.