Allardyce officially resigns from Bolton; Lee new manager, Speed assistant

Guest WalkervilleMag

Cant see us getting him although personally i would like him here, knowing us we will have a crap start to the season and Roader will get sacked 9 games in meanwhile Big Sam will be at Man City.....who still wont sell out !

Am amazed he has left after what he has done for that club, I doubt he will be coming here though, there are going to be a few clubs looking for managers next season..

If he does go to Man City then I would see about brining Physco here as a coach, yeah okay he may not want to take a role as a coach as he will see it as a step down but he really could and would improve our defence!!

I thought Big Sam was Chairman of the League Association of Managers, not very professional if he has quit is job for another where the manager is still in place (Stuart Pearce)

Either way i would have Big Sam or Stuart Pearce as manger both would rebuild our defence and take no crap of Freddie

STUART PIERCE HERE???!?!?!?!?!

what the fuck?

Aye because he has done a great job at City this season :lol:

I thought Big Sam was Chairman of the League Association of Managers, not very professional if he has quit is job for another where the manager is still in place (Stuart Pearce)

Either way i would have Big Sam or Stuart Pearce as manger both would rebuild our defence and take no crap of Freddie

what the fuck?

Sounds like Freddy's sort of manager actually. Not doing very well at his current club, talk of him being replaced... reminds me of someone.

:laugh:

I wouldn't have Stuart Pearce manage the bin at the under 8s reserve team training ground. :idiot2:

Just seen Phil Gartside on the telly there...he didn't seem convinced that Allardyce hadn't quit to take another job which just firms this all up for me. For all this shite about personal reasons, Gartside said nothing about any promises to not take another job (like Curbs this time last year) and was quick to jump on the take action against anyone whos tapped him up line...

Now we wait for the rumours in the papers to make it obvious he's coming to City so he can take over sharpish...hopefully before the derby on saturday...

Guest redmayne

what the f***?

Sounds like Freddy's sort of manager actually. Not doing very well at his current club, talk of him being replaced... reminds me of someone.

what the f***?

lets get the cheque book out and contact the Man city board before they sack him!!!

Guest redmayne

:laugh:

I wouldn't have Stuart Pearce manage the bin at the under 8s reserve team training ground. :idiot2:

Just seen Phil Gartside on the telly there...he didn't seem convinced that Allardyce hadn't quit to take another job which just firms this all up for me. For all this s**** about personal reasons, Gartside said nothing about any promises to not take another job (like Curbs this time last year) and was quick to jump on the take action against anyone whos tapped him up line...

Now we wait for the rumours in the papers to make it obvious he's coming to City so he can take over sharpish...hopefully before the derby on saturday...

come to think of it pearce is very like roeder - no excuses - players need to improve

never mention that they both need to improve dramatically - bag of piss wind the fucking pair of them

Linked with us on BBC radio 5 live

saying what?

So thats Radio 5 live and SSN yet no-one else has picked up on it, right.....

That's what I was thinking

Guest pont-toon

what the f***?

would probably give us a better option at left back tbh

The timing of his departure is extremely fishy. Bolton are in the middle of a very tight competition for a UEFA cup spot, and a change of manager is the last thing they'd want at this point. The reason that he's given sounds like BS.

Even if he's been lined up by another club, I still can't see why he hasn't waited till the end of the season.

I do wonder whether it's anything to do with all those BBC accusations.

Guest redmayne

what the f***?

would probably give us a better option at left back tbh

can't argue with that -

Newcastle and City favoured destinations for Allardyce

by Oliver Kay, The Times

Sam Allardyce resigned as Bolton Wanderers manager yesterday to pursue a new challenge, feasibly at Manchester City or Newcastle United, after suspicions over his future plans led the club to bring forward his planned departure at the end of the season.

Allardyce informed Phil Gartside, the Bolton chairman, on Friday that he intended to leave the club and take a sabbatical after eight years in charge at the Reebok Stadium. Gartside suspected that he had lined up another job and even contacted City officials to ask whether this was the case before reluctantly deciding yesterday to accept his resignation with immediate effect and to replace him with Sammy Lee, his assistant.

Lee’s appointment could be confirmed as early as today, but Allardyce’s future is less clear. His prospects of landing the City job, occupied at present by Stuart Pearce, appear to be largely reliant on a takeover bid by Ray Ranson, the club’s former player. Ranson’s hopes of gaining power at the City of Manchester Stadium remain in the balance, however, with two consortiums — one American and the other led by Thaksin Shinawatra, the deposed Prime Minister of Thailand — preferred by the club’s board.

Newcastle, meanwhile, have yet to make a decision on Glenn Roeder’s future as manager. Allardyce rejected the job in 2004, but is certain to be among the contenders if Roeder is dismissed. The Tyneside club have also shown interest in Sven-Göran Eriksson, the former England head coach, as revealed by The Times this month. Senior Newcastle officials last night distanced themselves from a bid for Allardyce’s services.

Sources close to Allardyce have indicated that he would be interested in the Newcastle job and also that of City, in the event of a takeover, but also that, as with Alan Curbishley’s resignation at Charlton Athletic a year ago, he would welcome a period away from the game if the right opportunity does not arise.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/bolton/article1723229.ece

The timing of his departure is extremely fishy. Bolton are in the middle of a very tight competition for a UEFA cup spot, and a change of manager is the last thing they'd want at this point. The reason that he's given sounds like BS.

Even if he's been lined up by another club, I still can't see why he hasn't waited till the end of the season.

I do wonder whether it's anything to do with all those BBC accusations.

Precisely what I'm thinking at the moment, too...

Newcastle and City favoured destinations for Allardyce

by Oliver Kay, The Times

Sam Allardyce resigned as Bolton Wanderers manager yesterday to pursue a new challenge, feasibly at Manchester City or Newcastle United, after suspicions over his future plans led the club to bring forward his planned departure at the end of the season.

Allardyce informed Phil Gartside, the Bolton chairman, on Friday that he intended to leave the club and take a sabbatical after eight years in charge at the Reebok Stadium. Gartside suspected that he had lined up another job and even contacted City officials to ask whether this was the case before reluctantly deciding yesterday to accept his resignation with immediate effect and to replace him with Sammy Lee, his assistant.

Lee’s appointment could be confirmed as early as today, but Allardyce’s future is less clear. His prospects of landing the City job, occupied at present by Stuart Pearce, appear to be largely reliant on a takeover bid by Ray Ranson, the club’s former player. Ranson’s hopes of gaining power at the City of Manchester Stadium remain in the balance, however, with two consortiums — one American and the other led by Thaksin Shinawatra, the deposed Prime Minister of Thailand — preferred by the club’s board.

Newcastle, meanwhile, have yet to make a decision on Glenn Roeder’s future as manager. Allardyce rejected the job in 2004, but is certain to be among the contenders if Roeder is dismissed. The Tyneside club have also shown interest in Sven-Göran Eriksson, the former England head coach, as revealed by The Times this month. Senior Newcastle officials last night distanced themselves from a bid for Allardyce’s services.

Sources close to Allardyce have indicated that he would be interested in the Newcastle job and also that of City, in the event of a takeover, but also that, as with Alan Curbishley’s resignation at Charlton Athletic a year ago, he would welcome a period away from the game if the right opportunity does not arise.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/bolton/article1723229.ece

Guardian reckons hes going to City. Not that that means anything. Interesting to note it says "he rejected the job in 2004". Am sure the club didnt want that known.

anyone else expecting a press release from fat fred denying all this tomorrow???

Me..

I am expecting him to say how he still have faith in Roeder and how they will work hard throw out the transfer window to bring the right players to our team

I also expect to see Roeder sacked in the middle of next season due to "poor results" and "Problems with players" etc..

Guest Texasmag

Don't shoot the messenger, but I read on another forum that he is on his way to NUFC. Apparently it will be announced tomorrow, and Sam Allardyce will be the manager for the Reading game. I will wait with baited breath. :undecided:

I wonder if this is the reason why someone bought all those shares on Friday. Just guessing.

Don't shoot the messenger, but I read on another forum that he is on his way to NUFC. Apparently it will be announced tomorrow, and Sam Allardyce will be the manager for the Reading game. I will wait with baited breath. :undecided:

I wonder if this is the reason why someone bought all those shares on Friday. Just guessing.

If that happens i'll buy a hat (don't own one) and eat it.