Who would you ship out?

stozo

Guest Petay

Babyaro, Bernard (is he still here), Moore, Bramble, Carr (such a negative influence), Dyer (hope its true spurs are after him), Luque (only if we get offered some money, none of this loan stuff) and Ameobi.

Who we should ship out depends entirely on what replacements are coming in. It seems the likes of Bramble, Onyewu and Moore are leaving no matter what - so whether Ramage (for instance) is good enough to get us into the top 6 is somewhat moot. The fact is we need to replace those three before we even think about letting Ramage go, simply because we need warm bodies during a gruelling campaign.

I could understand the logic if we had a shit-hot reserves and academy setup, but we don't, and so we will be forced to keep sub-standard players on our books simply to have enough players available in case of emergency. Granted Huntington and Edgar are bright prospects - and who knows, the new man might promote them above Ramage in the pecking order, but we need to be realistic...

If we had Chel$ki's money then Baggio's list would be perfectly reasonable - clear out the under-performers and build a squad with more talent and stronger personalities. But we don't, we're forced to treat each and every transfer as a judicious gamble.

So for all those who want Ramage, Ameobi, Parker and Duff out of the club, I'm sorry, but it's not going to happen.

Whoa!! Imagine this front three:

Owen Tevez Martins

Bit short on ariel power but they could run rings round most defences...

aye not much height but Martins has a canny leap on him and Owen is alrigth in the air.

Would it work though a 4-3-3 with say

---------------------Given

Nobby------Taylor--------Distin---------Bridge

--------------------Sidwell

---Milner--------------------------Zoggy------

--------------------Tevez

--------Owen---------------Martins

possibly leave us a bit vulnerable to more physical teams

Leave us fkd as soon as we lose the ball too, hard thing to get a good balance of attacking and defensive players..

But it does look like a good lineup for attacking. :D

My 1st team/backups would be...

Given/Krul

Solano/New - Taylor/Hunty - New/Ramage - New/Edgar

Milner/New - Parker/New - Sidwell/Emre - N'Zogbia/Duff

Owen/Shola - Martins/Carroll

So...Harper, Carr, Bramble, Gooch,  Moore, Babayaro?, Dyer, Pattison, Luque, Sibierski, Butt(age/wage), Bernard, Pav all off the board. Not much trasnfer income out of these players(exl. Dyer, Butt, Harper). Couple of players from the academy level up to the reserves to backup in case of injuries. A new starting quality centreback and a left back would be a priority as well as backup player for Milner and Parker.

Carr should be the first out the door, the only NUFC player I have ever truly depsised

f*** off you irish c***

the fact is, if Bramble, Moore and Gooch leave, we'll have Taylor, Huntington, Ramage and Edgar at CB

all are inexperienced, all lack pace, all lack the intelligence needed to play CB, and two are absolutely bollocks

1. Given - Top class goalkeeper, keep.

2. Carr - Not good enough, not for regular first team football anyway, sell.

4. Solano - Good player, keep.

5. Emre - Good player, potentially great player, keep.

7. Luque - Waster, sell.

8. Dyer - Enigmatic, but if we want to win things, we want the likes of Dyer in the squad, keep.

9. Martins - Good player, potentiallly brilliant player, keep.

10. Owen - World class, keep.

11. Duff - Not great but we'll have to hold onto him, he might come good anyway, keep.

12. Harper - Decent enough back-up, keep.

14. N'Zogbia - Given up on him under Roeder, but he really could be brilliant for us, keep.

15. Onyewu - Shite, sell.

16. Milner - Player of the season, keep.

17. Parker - Good player to have in the squad, keep.

18. Moore - Who? Sell.

19. Bramble - Please God, sell.

20. Sibierski - No harm in keeping him on i suppose, keep.

22. Butt - Good player, keep.

23. Ameobi - Good player, will probably be very important, keep.

24. Srnicek - Jesus Wept, sell.

26. Ramage - Might aswell see what the new manager can do with him, but don't hold hope, keep.

27. Taylor - Good player, potentially great player, keep.

30. Edgar - Got potential, keep.

32. Huntington - Got potential, keep.

33. Babayaro - Should keep him because we can't be doing with buying two left-backs, keep.

34. Bernard - Fuck me, sell.

35. Pattison - No idea how he ever made it this far, sell.

37. O'Brien - Would like to see more of him tbh, keep.

39. Carroll - Got potential, keep.

40. Krul - Got potential, keep.

So - i'm selling:

Carr, Luque, Onyewu, Moore, Bramble, Srnicek, Bernard, Pattison

We have to think about the squad size - we can't be geting rid of every man and his dog. If we boot them lot, and bring in five good players, we'll have a good squad - no doubt. When you think of it, we're only really losing about three players there, cos Luque, Moore, Pav, Bernard and Pattison never play.

Carr is the only one i'm in two minds over. I've said this before - i reckon he's steady, and i think he can fill in at times. I'm more than happy to see Nobby installed as the official right-back, i think he's good enough, but by getting rid of Carr - we lose any alternative, other than Taylor or Ramage. We could cause ourselves a needless problem.

Therefore, i'd be looking to bring in:

Two centre-backs, atleast.

One left-back

One midfielder, preferably versatile*

One striker

The midfielder we need needs to be a right-winger/centre-mid. I think Gera's available on a free. Might be worth a shout. However, my preferences would be:

Sylvain Distin - Free

Luisao - £6-8m

Leighton Baines - £6-8m

Giles Barnes - £3-5m

Mark Viduka - Free

Guest SwissMagpie

Remember that Tal Ben Haim is a free agant this summer and Fat Sam really like him.so i think he will be a target

Carr - Liability, injury prone, on too much money.

Babayaro - Same as Carr with less passion and plays less games, can only be motivated by deaths in his family.

Moore - Injury prone, crap in the air, dirty, and back off home.

Bramble - Will never be the defender we hoped for, out of contract, will be off.

Cave, Shanks & Gate - All off to Darlo so i hear, don't know how true but they mustn't be cutting it.

Pattison - Might as well get some coin for him, not going to make it

O'Brien, Same as Pattison, but i think his contract is out but under rules we should get some compensation.

Ramage - Not good enough and with so good free defenders flying about i'd use his transfer fee to pay their wages (Ben Haim)

Sibierski - cheers, good stop gap same as the man who brought you in, now we need someone better, tailed off in 07, no way should we re-sign him.

Emre - Horrible little bastard, no end product, costing too much to keep and still holds good value in the market ATM, sell to fund other players.

Dyer - Everything what's wrong with this club, injury prone, on a scandalous wage, and does very little when fit.

Luque - Missing man, again costing a bomb, goodbye.

Duff - Had a poor season, costs a bomb, produces very little but intrest from Tottenham for £7m is a dream come true, sell now while we can.

Butt - Great season but if we can get £1m+ from the Mackems for him then take it!

Parker - Not as bad as the others and could be the perfect man for SA 4-5-1, but if we can get daft money off WHU if they stay up then we should take it. Swap for Tevez would do me!

Owen - I'm praying on a bidding war from Manu & Liverpool to see us get what we paid for him, if so then lets just thank our lucky stars we didn't go under funding such a luxury player.

Remember that Tal Ben Haim is a free agant this summer and Fat Sam really like him.so i think he will be a target

Aye,  if Sam does come here, i think Ben Haim might be a likely signing...

Wouldn't turn my nose up either!

If replacements were not an issue I would cull the following

Pav - Cheers mate you helped us out.

Carr - Not good enough

Baba - Same

Bramble - Same

Moore - Same

Gooch - Same

Bernard - Same

Pattison - Same

O'brien - Same

Butt - Only if we bring in Sidwell

Emre - Only if we could replace him with someone like Nolan??

Dyer - Time to move on I think

Sibs - Not good enough

Luque - Even with a clean slate I don't think his heart would be at Newcastle.

Hunts, Carroll, Ramage and Edgar - Would like to see them get some 1st team experience on loan

Realistically I don't think we'd be able to replace all of these especially when you consider that we have a small squad anyway so we'd have to replace each one as well as bring in some to make up the numbers! We could keep the loaners that I mentioned but I think all would benefit from regular 1st team football at a lower level!

1. Given - Top class goalkeeper, keep.

2. Carr - Not good enough, not for regular first team football anyway, sell.

4. Solano - Good player, keep.

5. Emre - Good player, potentially great player, keep.

7. Luque - Waster, sell.

8. Dyer - Enigmatic, but if we want to win things, we want the likes of Dyer in the squad, keep.

9. Martins - Good player, potentiallly brilliant player, keep.

10. Owen - World class, keep.

11. Duff - Not great but we'll have to hold onto him, he might come good anyway, keep.

12. Harper - Decent enough back-up, keep.

14. N'Zogbia - Given up on him under Roeder, but he really could be brilliant for us, keep.

15. Onyewu - s****, sell.

16. Milner - Player of the season, keep.

17. Parker - Good player to have in the squad, keep.

18. Moore - Who? Sell.

19. Bramble - Please God, sell.

20. Sibierski - No harm in keeping him on i suppose, keep.

22. Butt - Good player, keep.

24. Srnicek - Jesus Wept, sell.

26. Ramage - Might aswell see what the new manager can do with him, but don't hold hope, keep.

27. Taylor - Good player, potentially great player, keep.

30. Edgar - Got potential, keep.

32. Huntington - Got potential, keep.

33. Babayaro - Should keep him because we can't be doing with buying two left-backs, keep.

34. Bernard - f*** me, sell.

35. Pattison - No idea how he ever made it this far, sell.

37. O'Brien - Would like to see more of him tbh, keep.

39. Carroll - Got potential, keep.

40. Krul - Got potential, keep.

So - i'm selling:

Carr, Luque, Onyewu, Moore, Bramble, Srnicek, Bernard, Pattison

We have to think about the squad size - we can't be geting rid of every man and his dog. If we boot them lot, and bring in five good players, we'll have a good squad - no doubt. When you think of it, we're only really losing about three players there, cos Luque, Moore, Pav, Bernard and Pattison never play.

Carr is the only one i'm in two minds over. I've said this before - i reckon he's steady, and i think he can fill in at times. I'm more than happy to see Nobby installed as the official right-back, i think he's good enough, but by getting rid of Carr - we lose any alternative, other than Taylor or Ramage. We could cause ourselves a needless problem.

Therefore, i'd be looking to bring in:

Two centre-backs, atleast.

One left-back

One midfielder, preferably versatile*

One striker

The midfielder we need needs to be a right-winger/centre-mid. I think Gera's available on a free. Might be worth a shout. However, my preferences would be:

Sylvain Distin - Free

Luisao - £6-8m

Leighton Baines - £6-8m

Giles Barnes - £3-5m

Mark Viduka - Free

Agree with 99% of this. I would definately Boot Car out as well though.

The likes of Dyer, Duff, Zoggy, Shola and Emre give a tad longer under Big Sam.

Guest STaylor87

I'd get rid of...

Babayaro - Not good enough, and very injury prone.

Ramage - Give him to MK Dons.

Moore - Too old, and wants to return to Australlia.

Onyewu - Not impressed with him.

Bramble - Too many mistakes, and had used up his 9 lives.

Carr - Overweight

Sibierski - Good in Europe, but shocking in the Premiership.

Ameobi - He'll stay behind Owen & Martins.

Duff - God knows whats happened to him...

N'Zogbia - Same as Duff.

These will ALL need replacing, and I can't see all of these leaving :(

Guest justin99.

Wonder how keen Sidwell still is on Newcastle.

Freddy is really going to need to dip into the funds, or next season has relegation written all over it.

Guest justin99.

Also no chance in the world of getting Viduka in.

He's planing on signing for Genoa in Italy if they get promoted

Also no chance in the world of getting Viduka in.

He's planing on signing for Genoa in Italy if they get promoted

there's a good chance that they wont

why is there no chance in the world?

hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaaha!!!!1

A triumphant return to comedy form after the humiliation of your stupid "fact" prediction of wankerboy seeing out his contract. Genius.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only ones id 100% keep are Shay, Solano, Taylor, Milner and Martins.

I'd get rid of Bramble, Gooch, Carr, Pattison, Moore, Luque and the rest would have half a season to prove they are worthy of a place.