Sidwell joins Chelsea

stozo

Fucking hell it looks like he is really going to sign for Chelsea, I am gutted because I slated my mate for "believing everything he reads in the papers" when one of the claimed he had signed for Chelsea about a week ago.

Sidwell must be fucking stupid if he thinks he is going to get games there!

f****** hell it looks like he is really going to sign for Chelsea, I am gutted because I slated my mate for "believing everything he reads in the papers" when one of the claimed he had signed for Chelsea about a week ago.

Sidwell must be f****** stupid if he thinks he is going to get games there!

Especially after it was mentioned in the papers that Sidwell would play when Lampard needs a rest!

Fucking hell it looks like he is really going to sign for Chelsea, I am gutted because I slated my mate for "believing everything he reads in the papers" when one of the claimed he had signed for Chelsea about a week ago.

Sidwell must be fucking stupid if he thinks he is going to get games there!

They'll sign him for nowt. Pay him about £50k a week for a year (£2.5m), then pedal him for about £5m next summer. Thus making £2.5m in the process.

It's called 'parking'. I read that Real Madrid wanted to do something similar when they signed McManaman a few years back. Only problem was that he played that well, the fans kicked up a fuss when they tried to move him on and they had to keep paying him £ridiculousk a week for the rest of his contract! Parking a player only works when you manage to find someone thick enough to pay way over the odds for someone who was available on a free a few months earlier. (See Boumsong, J-A... :rolleyes:)

I wouldn't mind him here.  Personally I'd flog Parker.  He goes backwards constantly, is too irrational at diving in and I don't think he's an exceptional captain.  I don't know how many times I've metaphorically torn my hair out this season watching him do that.

Nicky Butt can do Parker's job with ease and to greater effect.  I think thats reflected by the fact that he's up there contending with Milner for player of the season.

So he's off to Chelsea. Big deal. Its not as if we've missed out on bloody Pele.

Did anyone make a big deal about us missing out? :D

no,but i'd like him here going on the few times i've seen him(espech the game up here)

I wouldn't mind him here.  Personally I'd flog Parker.  He goes backwards constantly, is too irrational at diving in and I don't think he's an exceptional captain.  I don't know how many times I've metaphorically torn my hair out this season watching him do that.

Nicky Butt can do Parker's job with ease and to greater effect.  I think thats reflected by the fact that he's up there contending with Milner for player of the season.

This time last year Parker would have our player of the season and everybody wanted Butt out of the club though.. Who knows what the situation may be like this time next season..?

Guest Toon83

Disgusting decision by sidwell (if true), he is clearly just going there for the money, he just has to look at SWP and realise that he isnt going to get a game, and SWP is (or was) a far superior player to Sidwell when he left for Chelsea

Just shows you that football these days really is only about the money, any of the other clubs and Sidwell may have ended up in the England squad next season, realistically he is not going to get ahead of Lampard, Essien, Makelele, Ballack, SWP, Robben and the likes, what a clown

Just shows you that football these days really is only about the money, any of the other clubs and Sidwell may have ended up in the England squad next season, realistically he is not going to get ahead of Lampard, Essien, Makelele, Ballack, SWP, Robben and the likes, what a clown

Exactly. As if he's looked into the competition he'll have there for places and thought 'I can get in ahead of that lot'. Alright he'll win trophies (if he plays enough games :lol:) but he's gone from being a guaranteed starter to about as far from it as you can get. Crazy.

Where was this story from chaps? Can't see anything on the Beeb.

Amazed he's going to Chelsea tbh.

Bewildering decision imo.

Almost guaranteed to play only a few league games each season.  Currently knocking on the England door, but surely that will go out the window if he's not playing much.  Maybe this says more about Abramovich's intention not to throw money at footballers anymore.  Ballack on a Bosman I can well understand even if they have got 1001 other midfielders at Chelsea, but Sidwell??  Unbelievable!

Still can't get my head around this one, he left a quality club like Arsenal to get games! If he just wanted to earn a shit load of money he had a great plan and took a big risk. He is either joining for the money or has a lot (way too much) faith in his ability!

People here are just pissed off that he turned us down to move to Chelski :lol:

Of course, he'd have done reasonably well for us on a free imo. I can't see how you can deny it's a bizarre decision for him to make though, thinking of how much he'll actually play.

Not really its just a crazy move. Really lets not start this bollocks again like the whole "you only hate Ronaldo because you think he cost you the game, nothing to do with him being a smarmy, whniging, diving little cunt" thing again!

To be fair, that Mikel has started quite a few games - and he's shite. He probably thinks he can replace him in the pecking order. But in reality once the summer comes around they'll get someone in to cover the back, Essien will stay in the middle and he'll never get a kick - Off in a year and make a career and bag fuls of money out of being "good enough for Chelsea" - just like a stream of others who are in fact, not good enough for Chelsea. Parker, Jarosik, Huth...no doubt Bouhlarouz...

Congratulations to his agent btw. :idiot2:

As I've already said - he'll be made available next summer. For the right price.  ;)