Sidwell joins Chelsea

stozo

Guest mishka17

he's gonna get himself into nasty shite after good season...just like parker few seasons ago...similiar story

How stupid can you be?

They sold him the story they want some English players because they have enough foreigners already. And everyone get's his chance to play. 

And he bought it, fool.

Like Mourinho gives a fuck. 

To be fair, that Mikel has started quite a few games - and he's s****.

He's not, he was a young lad who struggled to adjust to the Premiership when he first came here but he's really looking the part now.

I'd have him here over either Butt or Parker.

Chelsea and Liverpool were intrested, but he is correct in thinking he would have more chance of 1st team football with us.

No they weren't.

...I mean, correct.

Chelsea fans don't seem particularly impressed, it will interesting to see how he does there.

Chelsea and Liverpool were intrested, but he is correct in thinking he would have more chance of 1st team football with us.

No they weren't.

...I mean, correct.

Chelsea fans The bunch of glory hunters don't seem particularly impressed, it will interesting to see how he does there.

Spaking of glory supporters, the amount of Sunderland fans who have popped up down here all of a sudden is fucking stupid! Saw 3 cars on the way to the pub the other lunch time with sunderland stickers all over the back!

Spaking of glory supporters, the amount of Sunderland fans who have popped up down here all of a sudden is fucking stupid! Saw 3 cars on the way to the pub the other lunch time with sunderland stickers all over the back!

Snaking all over the road due to the drivers imbibing heavily on the Guinness no doubt.  ;)

He's gone and done a Lucas Neill then.  What a waster.

At least Neill will play football (even if there was a risk of it being in the championship) Sidwell has just made a huge contradiction in his career!

Yep, showing the ambition and self-confidence to go and compete for a starting place against some of the best midfielders in the world... very similar to Neill joining relegation candidates as opposed to a team in the Champions League final for an extra £20k a week. I doubt Chelsea were even offering significantly more than us in all honesty, players can't win these days.

Yep, showing the ambition and self-confidence to go and compete for a starting place against some of the best midfielders in the world... very similar to Neill joining relegation candidates as opposed to a team in the Champions League final for an extra £20k a week. I doubt Chelsea were even offering significantly more than us in all honesty, players can't win these days.

You honestly think he has gone for the challenge? As I posted above there are about 6 players already fighting for those 2 spots, 4 of them are MUCH better than Sidwell.

Don't know why people are that bothered by this? It wasn't like he was joining us for the privilege of wearing a black and white shirt.

He wanted big money, we offered it, he got offered more, he went elsewhere. So fuck.

You honestly think he has gone for the challenge? As I posted above there are about 6 players already fighting for those 2 spots, 4 of them are MUCH better than Sidwell.

So you think Neill did the right thing in going to a smaller club with the guarentee of first team football for the entirity of his contract?

I just think its a shame for another talented young player to waste his career. Especially one who previously showed his commitment to football by dropping down a league to ensure regular first team football.

So you think Neill did the right thing in going to a smaller club with guarentee of first team football for the entirity of his contract?

No Neill blatantly went for the money but unlike Sidwell at least he knows he will be playing football. If Sidwell joins Chelsea he has effectively taken money not to play football.

Don't know why people are that bothered by this? It wasn't like he was joining us for the privilege of wearing a black and white shirt.

He wanted big money, we offered it, he got offered more, he went elsewhere. So fuck.

Don't see too many people ready to throw themselves off the Tyne Bridge at him choosing Chelsea. Most of us are genuinely surprised that he turned down the chance of regular football to sit on the bench while his career passes him by. The team he rejected is fairly irrelevant - could have been Boro, Villa, Bolton etc and i think the reaction would have been the same tbh.

He's gone there for the money - good luck to him. Think he'll regret it eventually like...

Guest brewer

To be fair, that Mikel has started quite a few games - and he's s****. He probably thinks he can replace him in the pecking order. But in reality once the summer comes around they'll get someone in to cover the back, Essien will stay in the middle and he'll never get a kick - Off in a year and make a career and bag fuls of money out of being "good enough for Chelsea" - just like a stream of others who are in fact, not good enough for Chelsea. Parker, Jarosik, Huth...no doubt Bouhlarouz...

Congratulations to his agent btw. :idiot2:

Mikel is not shit, he's a superb talent.

I just think its a shame for another talented young player to waste his career. Especially one who previously showed his commitment to football by dropping down a league to ensure regular first team football.

Fair enough, it just seems as though if a player joins a big club he gets put down for being a mercenary and not caring about his career, and if he goes to/stays at a smaller club he's showing a 'lack of ambition'.

He's gone there for the money - good luck to him. Think he'll regret it eventually like...

Do you think Chelsea are going to pay him more than the £40k-a-week we reportedly were?

Fair enough, it just seems as though if a player joins a big club he gets put down for being a mercenary and not caring about his career, and if he goes to/stays at a smaller club he's showing a 'lack of ambition'.

Do you think Chelsea are going to pay him more than the £40k-a-week we reportedly were?

Do you think Sidwell is stupid/believing his own hype enough to think he would displace Essien, Lampard, Ballack or Makelele. Thats not even mentioning the young talents of Mikel and Diarra.

I don't, if he goes there its for one reason only. To sit on the bench (thats if he is lucky) and count the £££.