Allardyce set to be appointed - 5 live report

Guest Hibbits left foot

Guest Hibbits left foot

Gudjohnsen is the Beardsley type of player we've needed for ages.

Ben Haim was going to leave bolton before he knew Sam was didn't he?  That doesn't suggest to me he will want to follow.

It wasn't because of Allardyce that he was leaving though was it? I think he'd jump at the chance to come here if we get big Sam. I doubt any of the top four will go for him now. Chelsea wanted him but that was only because Terry was injured and they were desperate for a defender. If Chelsea sign a centre half in the summer it will probably be another big money signing.

Ben Haim was going to leave bolton before he knew Sam was didn't he?  That doesn't suggest to me he will want to follow.

Allardyce said he was leaving as they couldn't afford to keep him.

Guest Hibbits left foot

Then again wouldnt mind Tevez , wonder how much cash fat freds promised sam?

Guest deathwish

if allardyce joins, then I can see us going for a big strong centre forward on the cheap - proabably james beattie. It suits big sams style of play and im sure he will realise that ameobi is not good enough for that role.

Sam's two main people: Sammy Lee & Mike Forde have got new postions. Speed has got new contract. But at guess his long term pal Sbragia & maybe Fred Barber.

Info on Forde:

Bolton performance director Mike Forde is set to be made the club's new general manager.

Sammy Lee has already handed midfielder Gary Speed a player coach position since succeeding Sam Allardyce and Forde, 31, is now being lined up for the role to liaise between Lee and the board.

Lee said: "The general manager will to do an awful lot of the duties that I'm not very good at.

"I prefer to be out coaching on the pitch, but he will be liaising on transfers, contracts and things like that."

Also check out http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2036021,00.html

Sam Allardyce will want to bring Speed in if possible. If he doesn't then it would entirely down to the fact that SA does not think Speed is good enough.

I am thinking Speed will be offered the same position here though = First team coach and captain. That would suit me just fine personally.

Also I would be pleased to see "lack of effort Duff" stripped of 11 so that it went beack to its rightful owner.

Eidur Gudjohnsen  if he is not going to man utd,would be fantastic just the type of player we need,and i know tha he and duff are good friends and i know that eidur is the type player that would fit big sam type of play.

Guest Hibbits left foot

Thing is , cant imagine Sam leaving Bolton cos he works on a shoestring just to come here to do the same , Fred must have promised to splash the cash, so im looking forward to some good signings , why should we rule out Tevez? Gudjohnsen, Tevez, Owen seems like a fab front three to me!

It wasn't because of Allardyce that he was leaving though was it? I think he'd jump at the chance to come here if we get big Sam. I doubt any of the top four will go for him now. Chelsea wanted him but that was only because Terry was injured and they were desperate for a defender. If Chelsea sign a centre half in the summer it will probably be another big money signing.

Chelsea will probably get Alex.

Ben Haim on a free and Allardyce as manager would be a great start and would actually make me a bit optimistic for next season! Feel a bit sick tbh, doesn't feel right! :lol: