Albert Luque (now retired)

James

I'm a bit sickened at letting him go for free but thats life.

One person I don't blame at all for this is Luque himself. I blame Roeder who never picked him, even playing fucking Fattison in front of him. I won't cry a river but I actually feel sorry for the guy as he was never given a proper chance, a run in the team longer than 5 games.

Either way, its history now and Big Sam would never have treated a player like that. Time to move on and get behind the new-look Newcastle :clap:

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2684251,00.html

Dutch giants Ajax have confirmed the signing of Newcastle striker Albert Luque after he turned down a move to Spanish outfit Real Betis.

The Spaniard, 29, failed to shine at St James' Park following his move from Deportivo La Coruna in August 2005 and has joined the Amsterdammers for an undisclosed fee on a three-year deal.

An Ajax statement read: "The striker will sign his contract at Ajax, which runs until June 30, 2010."

Luque featured in Magpies boss Sam Allardyce's pre-season plans but soon fell behind Michael Owen, Mark Viduka, Obafemi Martins and Alan Smith in the striker pecking order at St James' Park.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2684251,00.html

Dutch giants Ajax have confirmed the signing of Newcastle striker Albert Luque after he turned down a move to Spanish outfit Real Betis.

The Spaniard, 29, failed to shine at St James' Park following his move from Deportivo La Coruna in August 2005 and has joined the Amsterdammers for an undisclosed fee on a three-year deal.

An Ajax statement read: "The striker will sign his contract at Ajax, which runs until June 30, 2010."

Luque featured in Magpies boss Sam Allardyce's pre-season plans but soon fell behind Michael Owen, Mark Viduka, Obafemi Martins and Alan Smith in the striker pecking order at St James' Park.

Yeah, don't forget the £3,000,000 p/year wages that he earns by default for being a greedy good-for-nothing foreign mercenary.

If the cap fits...

Didn't Ajax just receive £18 b****** million for Sneijder?

Crazy we can't even get a single quid out of them for Luque.

>:(

That, and over 12 million for Babel too I believe.. Ajax plan to use him as a Babel replacement on the left of a front three btw..

Didn't Ajax just receive £18 b****** million for Sneijder?

Crazy we can't even get a single quid out of them for Luque.

>:(

That, and over 12 million for Babel too I believe.. Ajax plan to use him as a Babel replacement on the left of a front three btw..

Thats seriously good business when you think about it. If Luque can do a job for them they've done well with that business.

What a deal that is..for Ajax..

Good luck for Luque, although a real hate figure here we never really lost any game he started since last season, did prove he can be good if given a chance but no one wants to take the gamble on him best wishs for him in Ajax.

Beeb

Newcastle have confirmed they have reached an agreement with Ajax for the sale of Spanish striker Albert Luque.

Luque, who joined the Magpies from Deportivo La Coruna for £9.5m in 2005, only scored twice last season, both goals coming in the Uefa Cup.

The 29-year-old is expected to sign a three-year contract.

Luque had expressed an interest in joining Real Betis and had also been linked with a move to PSV Eindhoven, Feyenoord, Bordeaux and Barcelona.

Luque, whose move will free up funds for Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce, started his career in the Barcelona youth program before moving to Mallorca.

He transferred to Deportivo La Coruna in 2002, scoring 26 times in 101 league appearances.

He featured in Allardyce's pre-season plans but soon fell behind Michael Owen, Mark Viduka, Obafemi Martins and Alan Smith in the striker pecking order at St James' Park.

-----------

Looks like there was a fee.