Day 1 and Sam Allardyce already looks defeated in losing clubs Star player

Gallowgate End

Lets face it, some of us didnt want sam AT ALL  but Sam is the manager, so he needs faith and backing from the fans.

Agree.

My point was the lack of Top Club experience showed in the press conference regards the Michael Owen situation remember this is a guy who has spent his life at a club like Bolton doubts about him not having a enough of a Big Club experience is a perfectly valid one the situations that have happened at this club political and press wise for the last 5 years will be a whole new thing for Sam Allardyce and his managerial skills to deal with.

But as i said there were positives in his press conference such us a new structured and constructive back room stuff which will provide a good support for the players to prosper.

I suppose he was worse than Souness or the 'one word mumbled at a time' Dalglish. I'm still not sure what the whole thread is about...seriously.

YOu've fallen for it and started a thread around baseless nonsense from THe Sun.

Are you judging SA on one press conferance? Ridiculous. Surely you see that.

Forget "The Sun" Article.

My points are not about that Article its about my response to Sam Allardyce press conference. surely you can see that

Lets face it, some of us didnt want sam AT ALL  but Sam is the manager, so he needs faith and backing from the fans.

Agree.

My point was the lack of Top Club experience showed in the press conference regards the Michael Owen situation remember this is a guy who has spent his life at a club like Bolton doubts about him not having a enough of a Big Club experience is a perfectly valid one the situations that have happened at this club political and press wise for the last 5 years will be a whole new thing for Sam Allardyce and his managerial skills to deal with.

But as i said there were positives in his press conference such us a new structured and constructive back room stuff which will provide a good support for the players to prosper.

He's not at a "Big Club", though. Teh hope is that he validates us in showing that we can BECOEM one.

"Big Club" in recent history for me is a club thats experienced High finishes in the Premiership 2nd, 2nd (Keegan) 3rd, 4th, 5th (Robson) and played Champions League football and has had World Class players, Alan Shearer greatest premiership goal scorer of all time and one of England's greatest ever centre forwards and Michael Owen one of England's highest ever goal scorers.

No club outside the "Big 4" has had that since the Premiership has began we are the 5th biggest club and are a "Big Club" due to our Premiership history.

There is no doubt the Newcastle United experience will be a big test for Sam Allardyce because it involves "Big Club" pressures managing "Big Club" players (Michael Owen).

Sam Allardyce has proven he can managed a small club pressures to get them 8th, 9th and 6th ect ect whether he can achieve Freddy Shepherd aims of bring back 3rd, 4th and 5th and European football consistently is something Sam Allardyce will have to prove.

So we are a "big club" based on a couple of decent seasons over the past 15 years, ONE current (wantaway, only here for the cash/move back to the PL) player and one EX player. Jesus.

Agree.

He's not at a "Big Club", though. Teh hope is that he validates us in showing that we can BECOEM one.

"Big Club" in recent history for me is a club thats experienced High finishes in the Premiership 2nd, 2nd (Keegan) 3rd, 4th, 5th (Robson) and played Champions League football and has had World Class players, Alan Shearer greatest premiership goal scorer of all time and one of England's greatest ever centre forwards and Michael Owen one of England's highest ever goal scorers.

No club outside the "Big 4" has had that since the Premiership has began we are the 5th biggest club and are a "Big Club" due to our Premiership history.

There is no doubt the Newcastle United experience will be a big test for Sam Allardyce because it involves "Big Club" pressures managing "Big Club" players (Michael Owen).

Sam Allardyce has proven he can managed a small club pressures to get them 8th, 9th and 6th ect ect whether he can achieve Freddy Shepherd aims of bring back 3rd, 4th and 5th and European football consistently is something Sam Allardyce will have to prove.

So we are a "big club" based on a couple of decent seasons over the past 15 years, ONE current (wantaway, only here for the cash/move back to the PL) player and one EX player. Jesus.

Agree.

I suppose he was worse than Souness or the 'one word mumbled at a time' Dalglish. I'm still not sure what the whole thread is about...seriously.

YOu've fallen for it and started a thread around baseless nonsense from THe Sun.

My points are not about that Article its about Sam Allardyce press conference. surely you can see that)

The press conferance was about him and his plans for the club NOT about Owen. He said he would speak to him. Are you naieve enough to think he is going to reveal how he will approach Owen to the world media even before he has spoken to him?

Agree.

Agree.

My points are not about that Article its about Sam Allardyce press conference. surely you can see that)

The press conferance was about him and his plans for the club NOT about Owen. He said he would speak to him. Are you naieve enough to think he is going to reveal how he will approach Owen to the world media even before he has spoken to him?

Keeping and building a team around our best player (Michael Owen) is vital for this club to get back to 3rd, 4th, 5th and consistently qualifying for Europe and challenging trophies a manager such as Sir Bobby Robson would see it and did see it with Alan Shearer when building a team around him.

Sam Allardyce should of used him press conference to express his DESIRE to keep Michael Owen NOT spending his time getting passionate about defending his "Ugly football tag" was my point.

Doubts about his lack of "Big Club" experience in his CV and dealing with "Big Club" players are perfectly valid ones.

Don't get me wrong i was impressed with parts of his press conference like i have said but the key areas (Michael Owen) i wasn't thats all.

Allardyce is doing exactly the right thing.  He's the manager of Newcastle United and should be the most powerful most important part of the club (well a good manager should, I didn't feel the same about Souness being the most powerful person at the club :)).  He shouldn't go cap in hand to any player, not if he wants to be in a position of strength.  I'd love Owen to stay, but if Allardyce asks him that question and he tells him he wants to go then he should be sold immediately, it'll hurt for a while, mostly due to the loss we'll make and what could have been without Owens injuries, but in the long term it will be inconsequential.

I think this situation is a pretty obvious decision for Sam. Why would he want to keep players here that are not going to put their heart and soul into it? If hes wanting to be elsewhere then thats his performance already dropped for the forthcoming season. A player like that you need to be 100% up for it, if not then he should go and we should get in a more willing replacement.

Keeping and building a team around our best player (Michael Owen) is vital for this club to get back to 3rd, 4th, 5th and consistently qualifying for Europe and challenging trophies a manager such as Sir Bobby Robson would see it and did see it with Alan Shearer when building a team around him.

Wrong! Building a team around a player with a dubious injury record who may or may not want to be here is neither vital nor even desirable!

Sam Allardyce should of used him press conference to express his DESIRE to keep Michael Owen NOT spending his time getting passionate about defending his "Ugly football tag" was my point.

Wrong! "Defending" his tactics is important - because he knows that small pockets of the Toon faithful don't want us to play long ball football and in order to be successful he needs the fans onside. Similarly, he addressed Michael Owen in his press conference - probably to the perfect degree. He is one player, and Big Sam acknowledged he needs to speak to him to see what he wants from his future. To say more would have been erroneous

Doubts about his lack of "Big Club" experience in his CV and dealing with "Big Club" players are perfectly valid ones.

Youri Djorkaeff. Jay Jay Okocha. Ivan Campo. Fernando Hierro. Nicholas Anelka. Some of the biggest names to grace the Premiership.

Don't get me wrong i was impressed with parts of his press conference like i have said but the key areas (Michael Owen) i wasn't thats all.

Michael Owen is not a key area of the club - he is a potentially important player in the squad. Huge difference

Wrong! Building a team around a player with a dubious injury record who may or may not want to be here is neither vital nor even desirable!

Wrong! "Defending" his tactics is important - because he knows that small pockets of the Toon faithful don't want us to play long ball football and in order to be successful he needs the fans onside. Similarly, he addressed Michael Owen in his press conference - probably to the perfect degree. He is one player, and Big Sam acknowledged he needs to speak to him to see what he wants from his future. To say more would have been erroneous

Youri Djorkaeff. Jay Jay Okocha. Ivan Campo. Fernando Hierro. Nicholas Anelka. Some of the biggest names to grace the Premiership.

Michael Owen is not a key area of the club - he is a potentially important player in the squad. Huge difference

:clap:

Well put. :)

:razz:

We're onto you. ;)

Guest DazzaNufc1892

if the greedy c*** doesnt want to play for us, then he can fuck off after all we have done for us. The one thing sam always wants and relies on in his team is players who want to play for the cause, he then makes them into a great team, he never has players who are there for the cash, if hes being this strong already, then fair play, 2mil and swap with bellamy please

The fears of Sam Allardyce lack of big club experience could well already be showing.

:-[

Unbelievable. Give the bloke a chance.

He should of made it clear in the press conference keeping Michael Owen and building a team around him was something important to him comments of "its not all about Michael Owen" and "i will be asking him if he wants to stay or go" are not good enough for god sake Sam don't lose a World Class player before you have even had the chance to work with one.

Firstly, thats the f****** Sun, get a grip.

Secondly, it is important for us to have good players, naturally, but lets not pretend its "X player at any cost", cos thats bollocks. If Owen wants to stay and give it a go, fantastic, he's a top player. If not, fair do's get rid, and look to the future. Michael Owen is not the only striker in the world who will get us 15+ league goals a season.

Thirdly, Allardyce is goign to have to make a lot of decisions and see the back of a fair few players now, at Christmas and next summer. A lot of the so-called first team will have to be replaced, and if that has to include Owen, then at least Allardyce has been shown to know a decent footballer from a hole in his arse, and we have to trust him (until he proves otherwise, although hopefully he won't) in that he will get the players we need.

This

if the greedy c*** doesnt want to play for us, then he can fuck off after all we have done for us. The one thing sam always wants and relies on in his team is players who want to play for the cause, he then makes them into a great team, he never has players who are there for the cash, if hes being this strong already, then fair play, 2mil and swap with bellamy please

you can put bellamy in that catagory as well then as that twat will jump shit faster than anybody, never settled sinse he left us and is not good enough to wear the shirt again.

as for owen he came out just after his injury and said I'm here to make the fans proud and re pay the debt to them etc etc and the shearer comments maybe the lad is sick to death with people going on about his clause he has to want to activate it to leave and he maybe wants to enjoy his time off rather than be roped into the constant press speculation which every top flight footballer gets.

We're onto you. ;)

:)

Fair enough asking him (although dunno if it needs to be done so openly) - If he's willing to give us a proper season fair enough, if he's going to mope around kicking his heels, trying not to get injured, and waiting for anyone else to come in for him with his agent cunting around stirring shit with the press and trying to get him out then I'd rather he went now for 9million rather than work part time for us then go for £4m at the end of the season with another years wages from us in his pockets.

The fact that we haven't won trophies in ages doesn't change the fact that Sam is now in a totally different environment then he was at Bolton.  At Bolton the expectation was low and the money was even lower, he now has to work in a big club environment (as in large resources, large expectations ect).  But I'm confident he can do it.

The fact that we haven't won trophies in ages doesn't change the fact that Sam is now in a totally different environment then he was at Bolton.  At Bolton the expectation was low and the money was even lower, he now has to work in a big club environment (as in large resources, large expectations ect).  But I'm confident he can do it.

Agree on the first part.

Hopefully he can.

:thup:

Guest Knightrider

Great stuff, for too long we've been dictated to by players and allowed player power culture to develop which has this club by the balls at times, Big Sam is spot on, Michael Owen is a good player but he's not the be all and end all of Newcastle United and why should he beg him to stay. Carry on Sam.

Guest iliketoonarmy

I would rather see him giving Luque a chance to be honest.

FUck off useless Owen.

Great stuff, for too long we've been dictated to by players and allowed player power culture to develop which has this club by the balls at times, Big Sam is spot on, Michael Owen is a good player but he's not the be all and end all of Newcastle United and why should he beg him to stay. Carry on Sam.

:thup:

Would rather he left in the long run, to be fair. His wages can't be too good for our finances, plus they're simply immoral. He shouldn't even have the gall to demand that much.

Would like him to stay to see what could be acheived with him here, don't get me wrong, but I won't be begging him. Mainly cause I've never rated him as highly as some.

Guest nyscooby

Hows Owen our star player when he has done fuck all for us?

Get shot for someone steady and long term.

No, big clubs are clubs that win things. And that's a fact that clubs like Newcastle, Spurs, Villa, Everton all have to come to grips with. Big clubs don't finish mid table which is what two of those four clubs have done this year, big clubs win trophies. End of.

Until that happens they're all clubs with expectations and setups which may be geared towards winning things, but until that happens, it means jack shit.

High finishes in recent years and decent players means absolutely nothing whatsoever compared to trophies in the cupboard.

SA has gone to a club where the expectations are far higher than they've ever been at Bolton, and that is what he is going to have to handle. In a way, if he were to get a whiff of Owen not wanting to be there, the absolute best thing he could do for you would be to get shot as soon as he can. You'll get players who really want to be there, and send a message out that he's not to be fucked around with. Result.