nufc.com

lovejoy

Guest toonlass

How has nufc.com been to 6 games so far this season? Surely they have only been to three? Or do they mean 3 each, but then its still just three.

Guest toonlass

How many reserve games have their been though? Thought they had cancelled them all but Blue Star, which isnt till august the something or other.

How many reserve games have their been though? Thought they had cancelled them all but Blue Star, which isnt till august the something or other.

Benfield and Gateshead, Blue Star game is in a few weeks according to .com

how many ads do nufc.com have atm? not sure ive seen a fansite so littered with them before. they also have special deals with setanta and sky and the banner at the top has been changed to brown to accomodate a brown ale ad.

how many ads do nufc.com have atm? not sure ive seen a fansite so littered with them before. they also have special deals with setanta and sky and the banner at the top has been changed to brown to accomodate a brown ale ad.

there are plenty, but it's not like there's no NUFC content..

trained eyes know how to ignore ads and banners

Guest elbee909

there are plenty, but it's not like there's no NUFC content..

trained eyes know how to ignore ads and banners

Yeah.  Don't go to the site.

Reading this really irked me today:

PS: Nike announced on Tuesday that they had

terminated their boot deal with Barton - but as it was "only" £40K a year, it's insignificant when compared to the wages he wasn't paid while behind bars for 74 days.

Nike's decision was leapt upon by various commentators as a noble act of decency, but it doesn't take much online searching to find campaigns boycotting their products due to their alleged use child labour in Pakistan and elsewhere.

So now they're suddenly jumping on the anti-child labor bandwagon because Joey Barton kicked the shit out of a fellow scouser in front of a McDonald's? 

Reading this really irked me today:

PS: Nike announced on Tuesday that they had

terminated their boot deal with Barton - but as it was "only" £40K a year, it's insignificant when compared to the wages he wasn't paid while behind bars for 74 days.

Nike's decision was leapt upon by various commentators as a noble act of decency, but it doesn't take much online searching to find campaigns boycotting their products due to their alleged use child labour in Pakistan and elsewhere.

So now they're suddenly jumping on the anti-child labor bandwagon because Joey Barton kicked the shit out of a fellow scouser in front of a McDonald's? 

I think they're just pointing out the not insignificant amount of hypocrisy involved in the back-patting and lauding of it as an "act of decency" to terminate the contract of someone involved in a fight while the company itself engages in such indecent practices. 

Guest Coubury

I dont understand the amount of s*** nufc.com cops. Its a simple site, the news is always correct, its updated quickly, a few interesting viewpoints, and an unsurpassed statistic database.

I agree

I dont understand the amount of s*** nufc.com cops. Its a simple site, the news is always correct, its updated quickly, a few interesting viewpoints, and an unsurpassed statistic database.

I read it most days, I think it is canny.

If you're planning on emailing us to ask for our support re: the latest online petition attempting to get a stand at SJP named after Sir Bobby Robson - please don't bother.

As a policy we avoid these things like the plague - along with online polls and other similar cyber twaddle.

No slight is meant against our former boss, but his footballing achievements on and off the field came

while he was playing and managing other clubs.

Our personal stance remains that there are others who have done more for the club than Sir Bobby and remain unrecognised ie Joe Harvey.

PS: to anyone who exercises their right to sign and also walked out of the Wolves home game in May 2004, can we ask what changed?

They speak alot of unkneejerking sense.

Aye. That last line deserves an answer as well from them people who did walk out and are backing this.

The second last line is inappropriate to say the least though.

They won't mean it in any way to put Sir Bobby down at all. It is true though, Joe Harvey won silverware for the club and Kevin Keegan is one of the reasons this club has been in the Premiership for the last 15 years. SBR done wonders for this club, and he deserves all of the praise he gets, but KK did do more for the club than him, and nobodys petitioning for a stand named after him.

Bobby was a great manager, just sadly not great enough when he was at the Toon. Plenty of former characters have done a lot more as they've said. Sadly this all falls into the post-Diana 'being seen to be doing the right thing' bucket of shite. Add it to the list like Fergie getting a nighthood when Paisley, and Clough didn't, the ashes winning team getting MBEs, and all these clubs putting up various statues.

However while i walked out of the Wolves game i can still see Bobby's plus points, in the same way as i once sung Rudi's name and now realise he's a mentalist. I won't be joining a campaign for a stand in his honour until David Kelly has one named after him as without him (and KK) they'd not be any stands to name.

nufc.com aren't trying to down Bobby and what he did in any way.

What they are trying to say is while Sir Bobby was a fantastic manager, his highlights were at other clubs (Barcelona, PSV, Ipswich). If you put all his achievements in order, what he did at the Toon wouldn't be in the top three.