nufc.com

lovejoy

If I had a website with lots of visitors I would try to extract every possible drop of ££ from it in the hope I wouldn't have to go to work.

Wouldnt be suprised if thats what is happening, as someone said the site was half adverts anyway before this adverts page.

So how much is it costing you all to view there site since the inclusion of adverts?...

If I had a website with lots of visitors I would try to extract every possible drop of ££ from it in the hope I wouldn't have to go to work.

Wouldnt be suprised if thats what is happening, as someone said the site was half adverts anyway before this adverts page.

So how much is it costing you all to view there site since the inclusion of adverts?...

Whats that got to to with anything? How much does it cost to view this site?

If there was anything worth reading on there it would be posted on here anyway.

Not worth the effort looking anymore tbh.

Aye, it's my home page but I've usually clicked a bookmark before it even loads. Probably change it to BBC Football when I get chance.

The fact that .com opens in a new window while the advert stays open is the killer. Deeply irritating.

Indeed, it's always the little things that make the whole difference. Even the official site doesnt do that.

'We've had a couple of unhappy people email us re: the introductory screen that appeared in the run-up to the Bolton game.

As ever, all feedback is appreciated and we'll try not to pee you off too much - the shirt offer screen will appear from time to time but  is not a permanent feature - we've only leased our souls to the devil, not sold them.......'

Guest unrealterrorist

... and both their emails don't seem to work. Both return undelivered <_<

Sold the site off to NUFC?

Hmmmm now that whould be a shocker..

• 2 weeks later...

Back to their best with the "Waffle" from the Villa report, if you ask me, the last few paragraphs are particularly poignant:

Click Here (Or read below...)

The last Premiership game here had ended with disillusioned fans flinging their season tickets on to the pitch, but 105 days later those stands were filled again (almost) as a new-look Newcastle took to the field, amid a blanket of paper streamers and a mood of optimism verging on rebirth.

Gone from the SJP scene were a host of familiar characters - Glenn, Freddy and Kieron to name but three - and an awful lot of men from the motor trade and elsewhere, judging by the amount of spare seats in the Directors Box....

Some things didn't change though, with Owen, Ameobi and Martins all looking as unlikely to break our Tyneside goalscoring famine as they had against Blackburn Rovers three months previously.

New beginnings are nothing new here of course, as are false dawns.

Having scored goals against Bolton on almost every occasion that we hit the target, today we singularly failed to achieve the feat of testing debutant 'keeper Scott Carson - save for one venomous volley in the first half from Rozehnal.

The rest of the time we looked disorganised, lacking in pace and devoid of ideas.

But while those are disappointments, they're hardly shocks surely? Can anyone explain what point the faction of fans who booed the team off at the end were trying to make? Exasperation that their 93 minutes of contributing to a vocal barrage had failed to produce a goal? I think not.

In the absence of an obvious grudge against owner or chairman (yet), it's either directed at Allardyce, the half of the team who were here last season or the half that were making their home debuts. Sorry, but none of that makes the slightest sense.

Regardless of who had come in to replace Roeder, a reconstruction job of monumental proportions was required: the casting out of failures, the acquisition of sufficient numbers of new faces and the luring of those quality players that turn an average team into a good one.

That job is well underway, but remains a work in progress and that was amply demonstrated by the lineup today.

Playing two naturally defensive midfielders in midfield at home - Butt and Geremi - echoed the fearful strategy of Roeder in pairing the former with Parker.

But with Emre still to kick his first ball since April, Dyer away, Solano dreaming of the Circle Line and N'Zogbia at left back there wasn't much else in the cupboard. Pattison? Luque? Troisi? 

Milner did his best to try and provide some sort of service down both flanks for the waddling Viduka (twice the phrase "fat Aussie ba..." was involuntarily summoned and suppressed - old habits die hard), while Oba looked like he was reading his treasure map upside down.

Maybe Smith was meant to try and reprise former days in taking knockdowns from the burly striker rather than the Nigerian, but neither seemed to be aware of that and consequently neither positioned themselves within range of Viduka - although they did stand on top of each other on a couple of occasions. Early days.

With no less than four home debutants and a fifth coming off the bench, this pitch could have more suitably been ringed with warning signs and bollards, rather than digital clocks and revolving advertising boards.

A sixth new face  - the first genuine left back we've bought this century - isn't in the team yet.

Like some half-built flat pack furniture, it's open to question exactly what we'll end up with once all of the parts are bolted together.

However Martin O'Neill's team of all the talents hardly put us to the sword - although it will have been noted by future opponents the unease that a succession of slightly ragged crosses pinged into our area caused in the opening stages.

The Villa boss seems to have some new specs for the new season - given his lack of progress in the transfer market thus far, his previous pair may have been smashed as he banged his head against a wall in frustration.

Harewood and Reo-Coker for a combined £11.5m? I know that they're both English - but so are Status Quo. You wouldn't pay in jam jars to see either play.

The first game of any season here is an occasion when things either get off to a cracking start (Ferdinand's debut v Coventry, Shearer's opener v Wimbledon) or it's all a bit arse first (Alan Brown for Shrewsbury or the Premiership opener against an Ardiles-led Spurs).

This game was reminiscent in some ways of that latter 1993 opener, when we looked short in many departments, uneasy in general and lacking in what were perceived at the time to be qualities vital to survive in the top flight.

All in all, a massive disappointment after so much of a positive pre-match vibe. But we recovered and improved as players started to gel and others were introduced to the side.

And at least Allardyce took a point from his first 45 minutes in the home dugout here - 1999 against Villa anyone?

Debutants a-plenty (but Harper in goal) and a referee who took a profound dislike to our centre forward (Rennie dismissing Shearer for nothing more than Viduka did today). Result? a 1-0 loss. 

And a quarter of a century ago, an excited crowd jammed into this ground to see yet another new era for the club, as Kevin Keegan inspired a team of good, bad, indifferent, old and new players to a 1-0 success in what was a bloody awful game.

The sun shone, the fans sang and everything looked tickety boo. However, the legacy of years of mismanagement on and off the field meant that the instant success craved by all and sundry was a little delayed in coming along; two seasons in fact.

Twenty five years on the stakes are much, much higher and the job no less demanding. He's not the messiah, just a bloke from the West Midlands looking to put right what's been wrong more times than right in all our lives. Support him.

Can anyone explain what point the faction of fans who booed the team off at the end were trying to make? Exasperation that their 93 minutes of contributing to a vocal barrage had failed to produce a goal? I think not.

In the absence of an obvious grudge against owner or chairman (yet), it's either directed at Allardyce, the half of the team who were here last season or the half that were making their home debuts. Sorry, but none of that makes the slightest sense.

Possibly frustration at the bad tactics/formation?

Or soem of the shit performances?

He had 90 minutes of football to turn round the home performances? That was the extent of your patience?

You'd better be fucking joking.