NUFC on YouTube

for a while I've been putting footage of games (home and away) on YouTube that I'd taken on my phone.

Usually just out of boredom.  Today though I get 2 emails through saying they've removed two of my NUFC vids for copyright infringement.  No reason given, so I emails them.  This was my reply.....

Dear Matt,

We received notification from FA Premier League. When we're notified that

a particular video uploaded to our site infringes another's copyright, we

remove the material as the law requires. If you feel a content owner has

misidentified your content as infringing, you may file a DMCA

counter-notification.

two points.  1) is this the height of pettiness by the FA?  Rather than sort out illegal player registrations they want to ban footage taken on someones phone of NUFC and Man Utd coming out before the match.

2) Has this happened to anyone else?

Crap post I know, but I'm proper curious.....

Guest gggg

The only reason the Premier League are bothered is Google now own Youtube so they can get some money out of them by suing them.

There's loads of other sites like Daily motion that you can upload to

Not just during the match. Read today, as it happens, on one of our sites that a lad had the exact same message as he had posted phone footage of the Villa players doing the post match lap of honour last week. No match footage, just the lap of honour

Petty, really

1) is this the height of pettiness by the FA?  Rather than sort out illegal player registrations they want to ban footage taken on someones phone of NUFC and Man Utd coming out before the match.

Sums up the uselessness of the FA perfectly.

Stuff the important issues... lets stop mobile phone clips being shown !!!!

"we couldn't give West Ham a points deduction, the legal team were all too busy chasing down a 12 year old who posted a 3 second 160 by 120 pixel mpeg of the Wigan coach arriving at Watford"

Guest Echo

Aye sounds petty but I suppose broadcasting's their income so you can see why someone broadcasting owt they've paid millions for stirs them to action, just like tesco's - they didn't get where they are without crushing thousands of small shops around the country

My youtube account got disabled for putting up football footage. Same sad cunts who go round websites looking for people posting the next ten fixtures of the club they pay to go and watch. Wankers.

"we couldn't give West Ham a points deduction, the legal team were all too busy chasing down a 12 year old who posted a 3 second 160 by 120 pixel mpeg of the Wigan coach arriving at Watford"

HAHA

My youtube account got disabled for putting up football footage. Same sad c***s who go round websites looking for people posting the next ten fixtures of the club they pay to go and watch. Wankers.

Its pure stupidity tbh.

Ok, maybe they have a point with the videos

But seriously wtf are they thinking with the whole fixtures list thing ???

Got a couple of video comps taken down today too.

Getting vids taken by people at the game with mobile phones deleted is ridiculous though!!

Whats the big deal with videos anyway? i understand live stream but whats wrong with videos? after MOTD there is no other TV station that shows highlights and goals so why not just let the fans watch content that the TV companies wont use apart from complilations etc.

The only thing i can think of is sites like Newcastle World, which IMO should be fucking free anyway.