Mark Viduka signs for Newcastle - 2 years + 1 more optional

Guest SwissMagpie

Oh yes, I'll have a bit of this! Viduka signing is an excellent one - the fact we've just taken one of Boro's best players for free is just the icing on the cake. Bring it on.  :)

Guest Knightrider

Excellent signing, I pushed for his transfer last summer as he would have made an excellent partner for Owen who sadly for us went on to pick up that injury not long after in the World Cup. We now have very good options up front and shall be a real goal threat you'd imagine.

I'm not having ago at the bloke but does anyone think Viduka would have signed for us if Roeder had still been in charge? We'll never know obviously but personally, I don't think he'd have even considered us as a realistic option.

I'm not having ago at the bloke but does anyone think Viduka would have signed for us if Roeder had still been in charge? We'll never know obviously but personally, I don't think he'd have even considered us as a realistic option.

I actually think he would have come here anyway. Still reckon that one of the major factors (non-footballing-wise) of his coming here was because he didn't have to relocate.

Guest Knightrider

Who knows, my own opinion is that he would have as under Roeder we'd have thrown money at him, or more money like we did Duff. We wouldn't get the best out of him though which I think Big Sam is guaranteed to do.

Guest Knightrider

BTW if Viduka performs as good for us as he did for Boro last season he has the potential to be the best bit of business done of the season and perhaps in our history if he were to score the winning goal at Wembley.

From the MySpace:

"u r one greedy c***. i hope u snap ur cruciate in ur first game and have to give up playing. then u might realise what a f****** retard u really r! never come back to teesside cos u will get f****** beaten to a pulp, we all hate u now, ur hated more than than ziege and zenden put together. u greedy fucker. piss off there and never let ur poor excuse of a man be seen on teesside ever again. greedy, dishonest, lying, decietful, judas fucker! snap a leg u prick."

Somebody needs to take a chill pill. :D

Comments from Gareth Southgate tbh..

mackems.gif

Them 'boro fans are a bunch of right wankers. I mean when Woodgate joined them (I know he's a smog) we weren't posting  things like, "wish he breaks his leg "or I hope he dies in a plane crash". Absolutely no class whatsoever.

speaking of woodgate, do you think he's having second thoughts--like wishing he'd returned to us?

He'll be flurrying through his contract to find a loop hole as we speak.

see nufc.com are being negative about the transfer

childish tbh

Wow theres a shock, let me guess "England prospect Shola Ameobi is having his potential thrown away now we have signed this lazy aussie twat" then two weeks later "That useless shitbag Shola Ameobi has apparently....."

That's Shearer replaced then, good bit of business imo.

Now, didn't we need some defenders? If we an get anywhere near the quality of an Owen/Viduka partnership in defence it will be a mouth watering prospect :)

Viduka is a fantastic signing for us - he really is top class.  To get him on a free is just fantastic (and the fact the smoggies are probably flinging themselves into the chimneys of those chemical works).

On his day (and with Sam's influence I think there will be many!) this guy is absolutely unstoppable.  Kinda reminds me of Drogba in the way he's physical, skillful, and can make mincemeat out of defenders when he's in the mood.

Suddenly we have real options in our forward line, rather than just lumping it over midfield to a midget.

Happy days!!

It's a great signing, he's on the wrong side of 30 but still has 2-3 good years left at the top, so it's a great piece of business on our part. A proven goalscorer on a free transfer..He will link up excellenty with Owen or Martins, he probably will be one the reasons that Michael stays. Good business. Now finalise Barton's move and get Ben Haim in.

Viduka is a fantastic signing for us - he really is top class.  To get him on a free is just fantastic (and the fact the smoggies are probably flinging themselves into the chimneys of those chemical works).

On his day (and with Sam's influence I think there will be many!) this guy is absolutely unstoppable.  Kinda reminds me of Drogba in the way he's physical, skillful, and can make mincemeat out of defenders when he's in the mood.

Suddenly we have real options in our forward line, rather than just lumping it over midfield to a midget.

Happy days!!

I went up to my very passionate smoggy supporter friend today and said "great we have viduka in the bag least i heard you being linked with his replacement collins john and that fine arsenal reserve guy (dont ask me to spell it)"

he certainly seemed pissed and for once he couldnt say owt back which is the sign of the times i guess now we aint seen as something to laugh at.

Guest smoggeordie

I'm actually in Stokesley tomorrow :lol:

What you doing there? Really nice place actually, just 5 mins down the road from me.

The news will come as a bodyblow to everyone at Boro, especially the fans.

The Evening Gazette believes that Boro made a strong bid to try to keep the player, and the offer of a contract extension was a lucrative one by any standards.

But Newcastle, whose average attendance last season was almost twice that of Boro, can operate on a different level financially.

So much to love in the above from the Evening Gazette.

Viduka gone,chief scout gone & I wonder what of zest for his job as Academy guru Dave Parnaby has after the Boro dumped his boy. What are the odds on the Smoggies going down?

Guest smoggeordie

The news will come as a bodyblow to everyone at Boro, especially the fans.

The Evening Gazette believes that Boro made a strong bid to try to keep the player, and the offer of a contract extension was a lucrative one by any standards.

But Newcastle, whose average attendance last season was almost twice that of Boro, can operate on a different level financially.

So much to love in the above from the Evening Gazette.

Viduka gone,chief scout gone & I wonder what of zest for his job as Academy guru Dave Parnaby has after the Boro dumped his boy. What are the odds on the Smoggies going down?

As well as Woodgate having surgury, and their only other decent striker wanting out. Certainly possible unless Gibson saves them yet again.

Guest Knightrider

I'm actually in Stokesley tomorrow :lol:

What you doing there? Really nice place actually, just 5 mins down the road from me.

Working down there, was in Boro the other day as well, yesterday actually, somewhere called Falmouth, rough as fuck but the smoggies seemed alright. I'm wearing me Toon top tomorrow :lol: