Mark Viduka signs for Newcastle - 2 years + 1 more optional

Guest SwissMagpie

Guest smoggeordie

I'm actually in Stokesley tomorrow :lol:

What you doing there? Really nice place actually, just 5 mins down the road from me.

Working down there, was in Boro the other day as well, yesterday actually, somewhere called Falmouth, rough as f*** but the smoggies seemed alright. I'm wearing me Toon top tomorrow :lol:

:lol: Sounds like a good plan, pop down the club shop and get Viduka printed on it before you go ;)

Karl Kennedy and Susan got married on one of those London boats today in Neighbours, and Izzy gave birth on the boat.

Then Mark Viduka signs for Newcastle on one of those boats.

All are Australian - this must be connected.

Karl Kennedy and Susan got married on one of those London boats today in Neighbours, and Izzy gave birth on the boat.

Then Mark Viduka signs for Newcastle on one of those boats.

All are Australian - this must be connected.

It's a givernment conspiracy!  :frantic:

On a serious note though, I'm glad he's here. I feel he'll be a valuable asset.

Guest onetallpoppy

as an aussie this is great news. viduka holds the ball up so well for the national team setting up midfielders time and time again. love the idea of barton owen etc running off him

Guest newcastle4life

Very happy getting Viduka on a free excellent bit of business.  :D Hopefully more good signings follow.

"I wasn't entirely happy that the offer represented value.

We wish him well, we enjoyed parts of the three years he was here."

Don't suppose now is the right time to ask Steve Gibson what those grapes taste like??  :lol:

I wasn't entirely happy................ we enjoyed parts of the 3 years................. Jesus, Gibso is normally one of the more sensible chairmen, but those comments are pathetic tbh.

so we may not give a shit but smoggies have signed Aliadiere for 1.5m do you recon he is a decent replacement for viduka? I for one think they are clutching at straws if they recon a fringe player is good enough to help them out of trouble but is that all part of the fun for us???

different player tbh. isnt really a target man, certainly not a direct replacement for Viduka, but might link up ok with Yakubu if he stays.

big ask for yakubu staying so much speculation obviously different sort of player of to viduka but there is still a void to fill and I question if this lad is good enough.

The few Boro fans  I know at work are cacking themselves about next season.

I only have one smoggie mate luckily and he said the same thing, doesnt see how they are going to compete well in the prem with the squad they have and the big fear is fewer season ticket renewels and even lower attendances. Great they kept woodgate and they have one of two very good players but I see them needing big improvement and Aliadiere does not seem to answer much .

I only have one smoggie mate luckily and he said the same thing, doesnt see how they are going to compete well in the prem with the squad they have and the big fear is fewer season ticket renewels and even lower attendances. Great they kept woodgate and they have one of two very good players but I see them needing big improvement and Aliadiere does not seem to answer much .

In regards to Gibson, some are wondering if his heart is as much in it now with his divorce looming....

In regards to Gibson, some are wondering if his heart is as much in it now with his divorce looming....

gibson is a quieter version of FFS tbh he has already came out with the normal season ticket pulling phrases like

"building for the future"

"massive faith and support in southgate"

"going to be really big signings that will shock and delight fans"

They are also linked with Alan Smith. He isn't exactly well known for scoring 20 to 30 goals a season.

As for Gibson, Millionaires have been replaced by Billionaires. Teams without a Billionaire will struggle.

Wouldn't quite put Gibson in the same category as Fred - Boro fans would be quite sad if he left...... but I can see him becoming more and more disallutioned being chairman of a small tiddler in an increasingly growing big pond.

Guest sam tait

mark viduka is a fat peice of s*** and he willprobably try and take over the club!!!! what the hell did you by him 4???

mark viduka is a fat peice of s*** and he willprobably try and take over the club!!!! what the hell did you by him 4???

owen, martins, shay. He is no longer the big fish in the pond and I'm sure any fat he does have SA will run out of him.