In talks about Gudjohnsen - Chronicle/Daily Mail

Skirge

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=468802&CPID=23&clid=178&lid=2&title=Gudjohnsen+to+stay+put&channel=football_home&

Eidur Gudjohnsen's father and agent, Arnor, insists he son will not be returning to the Premiership next season.

The Icelandic ace has been strongly linked with a move back to England, after failing to really hit the heights with Barcelona - since his move to Catalunya two years ago.

However, Gudjohnsen senior feels the likes of Newcastle, West Ham, Portsmouth and Sunderland can forget about making an offer for his son.

"He hasn't been thinking about coming back to England at all," he told the Sunday Sun.

"He really wants to make amends for the last six months at Barcelona, which have been difficult for him.

"He wants to do better there next season having now learned how Spanish football is.

"Of course, you never know what is going to happen, and it is flattering that clubs like Newcastle are linked with him.

"But the fact is I have not heard anything from any clubs in England, and Ediur wants to stay where he is."

One thing to admire is that his father is his agent, meaning that his agent just wont up and tell him to sign where all cash is. He'll want what is actually best for his son/client. Hopefully they'll realise that that is us 8)

Guest exilim

Mackems actually thought the had a chance of getting every player too.  mackems.gif

They talk about beckham loan, forlan move, gudjohnsen of course and so many others lol..................  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

• 3 weeks later...

From BBC

Barcelona striker Eidur Gudjohnsen admits he would be interested in a move to Manchester United.

He said: "If I leave then my idea would be to return to British football.

"A perfect choice for me will be a club that plays in the Champions League. Obviously Manchester United is a club that fits into that category."

He added: "I joined Barcelona to be part of the club's triumphs but it is not easy for me when you look at the club's forward line and see all the big names there.

"Each minute has been a special test for me but to sit on the bench is not the most desirable experience for a player.

"I still don't think I have failed in Spain, but perhaps I have not totally won the confidence of the coach."

Gudjohnsen is under contract until 2009 and could be available for around £8m - a figure that could interest United as the Premiership champions weigh up their striking options for next season.

Guest Magpiecn

From BBC

Barcelona striker Eidur Gudjohnsen admits he would be interested in a move to Manchester United.

He said: "If I leave then my idea would be to return to British football.

"A perfect choice for me will be a club that plays in the Champions League. Obviously Manchester United is a club that fits into that category."

He added: "I joined Barcelona to be part of the club's triumphs but it is not easy for me when you look at the club's forward line and see all the big names there.

"Each minute has been a special test for me but to sit on the bench is not the most desirable experience for a player.

"I still don't think I have failed in Spain, but perhaps I have not totally won the confidence of the coach."

Gudjohnsen is under contract until 2009 and could be available for around £8m - a figure that could interest United as the Premiership champions weigh up their striking options for next season.

???No ,its too much.I think we've had enough strikers for next season unless someone will injure.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest samtoonarmy

Can't say I have seen a great deal of him at Barca but if he is anything like the Chelsea Gudjohnsen he would be a great signing. Would compliment any of our strikers well, can score goals and would link up midfield and attack a lot better than we do at the moment.

I couldn't agree more. I too haven't seen a great deal of him at Barca. However he was a great player at Chelsea and he can score goals also and I think he would be a great CF for us. I would only sign him if either Martins or Owen went because I think our strikers are excellent and if we can keep a hold of Owen I think we will score many goals next season.

Big talk today about it being time for him to leave Barca, "time to leave" fkn hell he has only been there for a season, mind £9mill for Owen + the £10 mill compo gets us more than we paid out for him and then we can maybe look at Gudjohnsen.

Big talk today about it being time for him to leave Barca, "time to leave" fkn hell he has only been there for a season, mind £9mill for Owen + the £10 mill compo gets us more than we paid out for him and then we can maybe look at Gudjohnsen.

think he means "time to leave" as in "i'm even further down the pecking order so if i want a game i'd best move"

there was an interview with him in the iceland on monaday,he said that's the daily mail interview was a fraud and he was determined to stay with barcelona and show what he is made of.

plus  his father/agent haven't had any inquiries

He was linked with Man ure and still said he wanted to stay at Barca..

This interview????

"There is a lot of speculation but I haven't spoken to anyone and am only thinking of continuing here," the 28-year-old told sports daily El Mundo Deportivo.

"There were high expectations when I arrived and it's normal that when a striker doesn't score many goals people expect more of you. I also expect more from myself.

"But after last season I will be more settled. I know how the club works, the language, and I will only have to focus on my game. When I am in top form it will be easier to change people's opinions of me.

"I know that after not winning anything everyone is thinking of making lots of changes, but I want to stay."

Guest teepee

i also think he wont come  - and i understand why. he could easily attract the interest of top clubs

would be a perfect signing if one of our strikers were to leave though....

Guest Geordiecunny

If Martins went for 13, getting Gudjohnsen at 8 and Bridge at 5 would be fantastic business.