Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

I just dont think parker can work well with anyone in midfield. We need a tighter unit in their with good positional sense which at the moment we dont have. I would def look at barton or appiah like to sort that midfield out a bit

For £8.5m cash, they can keep NRC, I say yes. Decent first season but poor since. Fans have lost faith in him plus were on his back when he kept doing his pirouette on the ball. Take the money and replace him with defensive mid who can tackle and start off attacks.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=469448&CPID=8&clid=21&lid=2&title=Hammers%20move%20for%20Parker#461466784579192308

Hammers move for Parker

By Peter ORourke -  Created on 30 May 2007

Sky Sports News understands West Ham have tabled an £8.5million bid for Newcastle captain Scott Parker.

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce is believed to be willing to let Parker move on as he looks to raise money for his own transfer plans.

West Ham chief Alan Curbishley is keen to sign Parker as he is a big fan of the England international from their time together at Charlton.

Parker, who is currently recovering from a hernia operation, endured a difficult season at Newcastle last term after coming in for some criticism from his own fans.

Curbishley is in the market for a new midfielder with Nigel Reo-Coker expected to move on after handing in a transfer request.

Newcastle are believed to be lining up a move for Manchester City star Joey Barton as a possible replacement for Parker should he leave St James' Park.

I love how these foreiugn players such as Senna and Diarra would be so much better than Parker when in reality the closest most have come to watching them is playing against them on FM.

I love how these foreiugn players such as Senna and Diarra would be so much better than Parker when in reality the closest most have come to watching them is playing against them on FM.

Senna is too old.

I'd be quite sad to see him go, even though i'm not his biggest fan. I like the fella and i like his courage and determination and whatnot, and i'd be keen to see what Allardyce could do with him. However, there's every chance that he'll continue to be a fairly 'nothing' sort of player for us, and an offer like that is too good to turn down.

If he leaves for £8.5m, great. If he stays, that's fine.

Guest elbee909

Bite hand off?  Bollocks, hold out for more money.  They have it, up it by 2 million and you have a deal.

Guest Knightrider

Aye, ask for £10m

England international, current Captain, 26 years old, going rate no?

Can't believe the club might actually make a profit on a player. Maybe we could convince them to take Luque as well?

£8.5m is a good price for him. I think that we can do better. I think that Parker will do well at West Ham. He needs a change, and so do we.