David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

Guest Invicta_Toon

Newcastle United seem on course to secure the signing of Paris Saint Germain's David Rozehnal.

Borussia Dortmund had been competing with Newcastle for the signature of the Czech central defender.

However, Borussia are now reported to have pulled out as they cannot agree terms with PSG.

That has left the path open for Newcastle - who are understood to have increased their original £2million offer to closer to £3million.

Rozehnal was known to prefer a switch Borussia, but a move to Newcastle is still sure to appeal to the 26-year-old.

One of the player's agents Pavel Zika is confident that a deal with Newcastle will soon be sealed.

"I presume that the negotiations will soon end in an agreement," he told CTK.

One possible replacement for Rozehnal could be former Tottenham youngster Jon Joensson.

Joensson is currently with Elfsborg back in his homeland but he is said to be attracting strong interest from PSG.

"I haven't heard anything." Joensson told Expressen.

"If an offer comes, it would be really fun.

"If there is interest from a club where I can develop and at the same time, it's right for Elfsborg, I can move."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=472758&CPID=24&clid=149&lid=3&title=Toon+favourites+for+Czech&channel=&

SSN website changes its mind more every five minutes, yesterday they had a story where Dortmund were favourites now its us, there clowns just jumping on the bandwagon that started with nufc.com and then the chronicle

you understand the concept of a bidding war though right?

Guest Toon83

Newcastle United seem on course to secure the signing of Paris Saint Germain's David Rozehnal.

Borussia Dortmund had been competing with Newcastle for the signature of the Czech central defender.

However, Borussia are now reported to have pulled out as they cannot agree terms with PSG.

That has left the path open for Newcastle - who are understood to have increased their original £2million offer to closer to £3million.

Rozehnal was known to prefer a switch Borussia, but a move to Newcastle is still sure to appeal to the 26-year-old.

One of the player's agents Pavel Zika is confident that a deal with Newcastle will soon be sealed.

"I presume that the negotiations will soon end in an agreement," he told CTK.

One possible replacement for Rozehnal could be former Tottenham youngster Jon Joensson.

Joensson is currently with Elfsborg back in his homeland but he is said to be attracting strong interest from PSG.

"I haven't heard anything." Joensson told Expressen.

"If an offer comes, it would be really fun.

"If there is interest from a club where I can develop and at the same time, it's right for Elfsborg, I can move."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=472758&CPID=24&clid=149&lid=3&title=Toon+favourites+for+Czech&channel=&

SSN website changes its mind more every five minutes, yesterday they had a story where Dortmund were favourites now its us, there clowns just jumping on the bandwagon that started with nufc.com and then the chronicle

you understand the concept of a bidding war though right?

Yeah thats what i keep thinking when i'm reading these supposed official sources, agents and others trying to start a bidding war and probably get a fee for themselves and the player

Sounds like a good signing for me. He may not be a world beater but right now we need capable defenders that can control the ball and such like. For 3m if he turned out to be gash it would not be the end of the world. It would not suprise me in the slightest if this trend didn't continue for signing foreign players for low fees on low wages (probably) that few of us have heard of.

Rozenhal looks quite skinny for a CB. Would imagine we'll need a more experienced bigger CB alongside as Taylor, good though he is, is still a bit raw.

Well judging by Gooch and Bramble's performances I would say it's about time we gave the skinny guys a chance wouldn't you?

Yes, if he's quick, can read the game and is a good solid defender then he'll be a great buy. Just saying we'll need a big man alongside who can dominate the more physical centre forwards like Drogba for example.

Guest graemeh72

Limited funds............ so lets get a few above average defenders in ...

then we can build .....when we get some more funds released

Rozehnal may not be a world beater, but lets just get a solid well drilled back four first

... then we can start having delusions of grandeur

Not comparing their abilities before anyone jumps on my back but I bet a fair few hadn't heard of Heinze before he went to ManU or Vidic for that matter.

I was thinking of Heinze when people mentioned Rozenhal is a defender they had never head of.

It seems like a no win situation for the club, we sign a big name player and people moan because we're signing trophy players, we buy a player nobody has seen play so that's wrong, next thing you know people are posting threads about the likes of Samba at Blackburn moaning that we don't spot players like that.

Talk about fickle ffs.

Not comparing their abilities before anyone jumps on my back but I bet a fair few hadn't heard of Heinze before he went to ManU or Vidic for that matter.

I was thinking of Heinze when people mentioned Rozenhal is a defender they had never head of.

It seems like a no win situation for the club, we sign a big name player and people moan because we're signing trophy players, we buy a player nobody has seen play so that's wrong, next thing you know people are posting threads about the likes of Samba at Blackburn moaning that we don't spot players like that.

Talk about fickle ffs.

Agreed.

Talk about fickle ffs.

some see the take over as an excuse to aim big.

some see the take over as something to be wary of and we need to plan the rebuild like we were going to before hand.

we are always going to get this conflict a mega unknown only gets heavy praise from a fan when they actually make it and thats always the risk that they will bomb and waste your money, but as i have said before unless they are proven class in the prem then even the big signings are a gamble and we have proved that by throwing good money down the drain.

I for one see it as a body at the very least we let defenders go and we need to build the defensive line back up again and for 3m its a small gamble.

Guest graemeh72

Still the most boring transfer going on right now.

Wake me when its done.

:rolleyes:

same

but different beds

Guest onetallpoppy

can someone explain why people think he is an average player?

No one's ever heard of him.

so they are from the freddy school of thought then

also, i'm not sure if Rosehnal was PSG's player of the year, and he wasn't in the ligue 1 team of the season either, which according to wikipedia was this:

Richert (Sochaux)

Sagna (Auxerre) - Cris (Lyon) - Hilton (Lens) - Abidal (Lyon)

Se.Keita (Lens) - Nasri (Marseille) - F.Malouda (Lyon)

A.Keita (Lille) - Elmander (Toulouse) - Savidan (Valenciennes)