Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still think we treated Parker horrendously in the end. Despite the so-called never ending circles, he rarely gave the ball away and was totally committed. Just a shame some of us got on his back.

Agreed. :thup:

A lad a know went traveling for just over a year & he still cant understand what happened to Parker as he went from being one of our better players to being sold & disliked by many in that time.

He caught glandular fever

A lad a know went traveling for just over a year & he still cant understand what happened to Parker as he went from being one of our better players to being sold & disliked by many in that time.

Maybe he was just too ordinairy. An even shitter version of Jenas perhaps?

Still think we treated Parker horrendously in the end. Despite the so-called never ending circles, he rarely gave the ball away and was totally committed. Just a shame some of us got on his back.

The way Parker was treated was ridiculous, i thought so at the time. Alot of people seem to think the grass is always greener on the other side.

Guest firetotheworks

I miss season 1 Parker a bit. I absolutely loved him.

That match against Arsenal is still the single most committed performance I've seen from a Newcastle player.

I voted 'no', I only just did it now like  :lol: But I would have originally too.

I loved Parker since the Charlton away match where he scored a screamer and celebrated like a mentalist. Was a brilliant moment and really got the home fans' backs up.

Was a shit trip to London otherwise, characterised by our typical comedy defending including a 'stunning debut' for Craig Moore.

Him telling a few fans to fuck off during a game didn't help his cause.

Him telling a few fans to f*** off during a game didn't help his cause.

he's quite entitled to if the fans are thick as fuck and wrong about most things.

Him telling a few fans to fuck off during a game didn't help his cause.

That was the end for him, he was playing shite amd it seemed to be on purpose, he got the fans on his back and then told them where to go.

He cost us forward play a lot, round and round then play it back or square, we could not play on the break with him in the side he just wanted forever on the ball.

That was the end for him, he was playing s**** amd it seemed to be on purpose, he got the fans on his back and then told them where to go.

He cost us forward play a lot, round and round then play it back or square, we could not play on the break with him in the side he just wanted forever on the ball.

i remember david batty getting slagged off for the same reason by the know-fuck-alls. the reason they played it square or backwards was because there was sod all forward to play it to.

That was the end for him, he was playing s**** amd it seemed to be on purpose, he got the fans on his back and then told them where to go.

i remember david batty getting slagged off for the same reason by the know-fuck-alls. the reason they played it square or backwards was because there was sod all forward to play it to.

Parker had forward options he just took to long to decide where to pass it and those player making the runs were picked up.

Parker was a good player at times but he decided he wanted away and played shit so he could try to make it happen.

i liked parker, i'm sure he didn't actually want to leave either, but was more pushed than anything because allardyce wanted barton.

i had parker #17 on my red england wc'06 shirt because pre glandular fever i was convinced he'd get in the world cup squad

he's quite entitled to if the fans are thick as fuck and wrong about most things.

Most to all customers in my job are as thick as fuck and wrong about most things but if I told them to fuck off I'd get the sack. (Luckily I'm not actually customer facing though)

Parker's just an average mid-table player. We were a mid-table club, he was good enough for that. If we really wanted to progress higher up the table he probably wasn't - he was by no means our worst player though. He looked great in his first season, not in the same league the second season but he's still a solid enough mid-table player as he's showing week in week out for Wham.

Oh aye as it was only one or two fans at that game getting on his back like, he was playing dreadful and you cannot tell your own fans to fuck off, its a massive NO NO. We were used to seeing him flying into tackls, like the one I still have on my phone where he flipped Hoe Cole.. that was the Parker we loved BUT durring THAT game where he told fans where to go he was pulling out of tackles, not chasing the ball mot bothering to close players down, lackluster passing he was shocking.

Has he not since admited he wanted to leave the club? I am sure he has.

he's quite entitled to if the fans are thick as f*** and wrong about most things.

Most to all customers in my job are as thick as f*** and wrong about most things but if I told them to f*** off I'd get the sack. (Luckily I'm not actually customer facing though)

if one of your customeres told you to "fuck off" i'm pretty sure you could reply in kind. it's like adebayor's celebration when the fans thoguht it ok for them to give him shit all through the game but shouldn't have to take some back...fucking grow up. if the attitude of "i've paid my money so can say what i like " is to stand up it has to stand beside " if i slag someone off they have the right to slag me back"

Guest Roger Kint

Parker's just an average mid-table player. We were a mid-table club, he was good enough for that. If we really wanted to progress higher up the table he probably wasn't - he was by no means our worst player though. He looked great in his first season, not in the same league the second season but he's still a solid enough mid-table player as he's showing week in week out for Wham.

Think that first season had a bit to do with proving a point to pepole who wrote him off and he certainly played like someone who wanted to show what he could do. Like you say a solid mid table player whose true worth is somewhere between those two seasons like he is showing with West Ham.

he's quite entitled to if the fans are thick as f*** and wrong about most things.

Most to all customers in my job are as thick as f*** and wrong about most things but if I told them to f*** off I'd get the sack. (Luckily I'm not actually customer facing though)

if one of your customeres told you to "fuck off" i'm pretty sure you could reply in kind. it's like adebayor's celebration when the fans thoguht it ok for them to give him shit all through the game but shouldn't have to take some back...fucking grow up. if the attitude of "i've paid my money so can say what i like " is to stand up it has to stand beside " if i slag someone off they have the right to slag me back"

:lol:

Is that not the childish way? you called me a name so I will call you one back.

He is a professional footballer and will be fully aware that in his job he will get abuse from other teams fans and at times from his own clubs fans too, am not saying thats right but he is expected by his employer not to react to such things and be a professional.

if one of your customeres told you to "f*** off" i'm pretty sure you could reply in kind. it's like adebayor's celebration when the fans thoguht it ok for them to give him s*** all through the game but shouldn't have to take some back...f***ing grow up. if the attitude of "i've paid my money so can say what i like " is to stand up it has to stand beside " if i slag someone off they have the right to slag me back"

He is a professional footballer and will be fully aware that in his job he will get abuse from other teams fans and at times from his own clubs fans too, am not saying thats right but he is expected by his employer not to react to such things and be a professional.

if you get abuse off the opposition then it's because they fear you...good.

if you get abuse off your own fans for something you don't think is your fault then feel free to give it back...he's not the first and not the last. i even remember crowd favourite terry hibbitt giving some back. maybe the crowd ought to grow up ?

if one of your customeres told you to "f*** off" i'm pretty sure you could reply in kind. it's like adebayor's celebration when the fans thoguht it ok for them to give him s*** all through the game but shouldn't have to take some back...f***ing grow up. if the attitude of "i've paid my money so can say what i like " is to stand up it has to stand beside " if i slag someone off they have the right to slag me back"

if you get abuse off your own fans for something you don't think is your fault then feel free to give it back...he's not the first and not the last. i even remember crowd favourite terry hibbitt giving some back. maybe the crowd ought to grow up ?

Not his fault? were you at the games?

He was piss poor, got moaned at and reacted in a shocking manne for a professional footballer, no he won't be the last but that does not make it right.

Dyer who was hated by many and got loads of abuse way more than Parker ever did never told his own fans to fuck off durring a match.

Look at Harewood on Saturday he named was fk boo'd when the ream sheet was read out, yet he played like a pro scored two goals.

Parker was out of order simple as that.

Not his fault? were you at the games?

He was piss poor, got moaned at and reacted in a shocking manne for a professional footballer, no he won't be the last but that does not make it right.

Dyer who was hated by many and got loads of abuse way more than Parker ever did never told his own fans to f*** off durring a match.

Look at Harewood on Saturday he named was fk boo'd when the ream sheet was read out, yet he played like a pro scored two goals.

Parker was out of order simple as that.

yip i was there and like the batty example from earlier it was very similar. sod all to aim for but the fans have there faves and if you aren't one then tough. he was no worse than the others but was singled out by a thick as porridge section of the crowd.