Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"-We've got a bigger budget than Newcastle

-We finished only two points behind Newcastle last season, despite having a terrible season. Newcastle complain they had Owen out most of the season, we had Ashton out ALL of the season.

-We are more likely to win trophies

-At Newcastle you'd be playing in midfield with Nicky Butt. Here you'd be playing in midfield with Scott Parker."

Those 4 made me laugh, 'specially the Scott Parker one.

Guest Guinness

Am I right in thinking he could have a medical at both clubs before making up his mind?

Technically yes but i'd be very suprised if that happened.

Hopefully this is the case, the more time I've had to think about this transfer the more I've warmed to the idea. But I swear I can remember a case where a player has has talks and a medical at one club and then gone on to do the same at another club before making a final decision. I've no idea who it was though, maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me :crazy2:

Barton taking a medical now. SSN.

old news

1 second old!

Would that mean he wouldn't be going down to West Ham tomorrow?

Sounds like he hasn't even considered them. Would be very strange for him to have a medical then go for talks with the hammers tommorow. Although anything can happen in football, i think its safe to say he will be at SJP next year.

If he's not even going to bother talking to them then i think its an even better signing for us. Obviously he wants to play for us and feels this is the place to be, as for WHU, can't even get the Parker deal even with a 40% pay rise!  :lol:

Guest DavB93

West Amm  view,, quite funny   ;D

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88492&start=80

That is funny, they are quite bitter about it all.

Bunch of wankers tbh.

Lets hope Sheff Utd get the decision overturned.

Sheff Utd are saying they are confident of getting the decision overturned, really hope it turns out to be true as can't stand the wankers.

'They came for a fight, so we set them alight and now they won't come anymore'.

:rant:

Guest andynufc84

That is funny, they are quite bitter about it all.

Bunch of wankers tbh.

Lets hope Sheff Utd get the decision overturned.

Sheff Utd are saying they are confident of getting the decision overturned, really hope it turns out to be true as can't stand the wankers.

'They came for a fight, so we set them alight and now they won't come anymore'.

:rant:

Aye hope it goes tits up for them next season

Wonder when they will realise what a limited footballer Scott Parker is,  Janurary my guess

Just because West Ham were allowed to talk to him doesn't mean Barton wanted to talk to them. I imagine he basically told them where to go because he had already made his mind up.

Guest Darth Toon

Just because West Ham were allowed to talk to him doesn't mean Barton wanted to talk to them. I imagine he basically told them where to go because he had already made his mind up.

Good early start in winning over the fans if that turns out to be the case - imagine a player turning down more money to come here, it's like we're doing everything in reverse this close season!  :D

Guest DavB93

thats fucking hilarious. Even a mackem I've sent the link to on MSN is wetting himself

"-At Newcastle you'd be playing in midfield with Nicky Butt. Here you'd be playing in midfield with Scott Parker. "

If I was Joey Barton I fucking know who i'd rather play alongside.

They still reackon on the west ham board he'll come down to speak to them, wankers.

-At Newcastle you'd be playing in midfield with Nicky Butt. Here you'd be playing in midfield with Scott Parker.

-You may think with their 52K stadium they're a 'bigger' club supporters wise. But have you ever seen it at a UEFA Cup match? Half empty. And we are going to be playing in a 60K stadium in a couple of years.

Absolutely hilarious, more hilarious than Scholes to Sunderland and more unbelievable.

The fact it's half empty for UEFA Cup games is because the UEFA Cup is shit, most of the games are like playing League One sides, and we've played over 80 games in Europe in the last 10 years.  Shite like West Ham and Spurs haven't even played 20.

"And we are going to a 60,000 stadium :lol:" and..........:lol:

This is a club who have averaged over 30,000 TWICE in their history, opposed to a club who have set world record average gates, and in the last 7 seasons alone have never been lower than the 11th best supported club in the world, as far as average gates on concerned.  You really couldn't make that up.  I won't go on about attendances, but that great promotion season of 92/93, West Ham had a really good season too, they were only 8 points worse off than ourselves, their average gate? 15,000 I rest my case cor blimey, jellied pie, nice gaff, apples and pears cockney wanks.

The biggest and most accurate insult I can bestow on them is they're a very very poor mans Tottenham, and truly that is an insult.  If you asked your average foreigner who Newcastle United are and I've seen this first hand in countries like Thailand, "yay Newcastle Araan Sheela!"  if you asked them who West Ham were they'd think you were on about a part of a pig.  Deluded cockney cunts.  Hand on heart I wouldn't put them in the top 15 clubs in this country, I don't think many would.

-At Newcastle you'd be playing in midfield with Nicky Butt. Here you'd be playing in midfield with Scott Parker.

-You may think with their 52K stadium they're a 'bigger' club supporters wise. But have you ever seen it at a UEFA Cup match? Half empty. And we are going to be playing in a 60K stadium in a couple of years.

Absolutely hilarious, more hilarious than Scholes to Sunderland and more unbelievable.

The fact it's half empty for UEFA Cup games is because the UEFA Cup is s***, most of the games are like playing League One sides, and we've played over 80 games in Europe in the last 10 years.  s**** like West Ham and Spurs haven't even played 20.

This is a club who have averaged over 30,000 TWICE in their history, opposed to a club who have set world record average gates, and in the last 7 seasons alone have never been lower than the 11th best supported club in the world, as far as average gates on concerned.   You really couldn't make that up.  I won't go on about attendances, but that great promotion season of 92/93, West Ham had a really good season too, they were only 8 points worse off than ourselves, their average gate? 15,000 I rest my case cor blimey, jellied pie, nice gaff, apples and pears cockney wanks.

The biggest and most accurate insult I can bestow on them is they're a very very poor mans Tottenham, and truly that is an insult.  If you asked your average foreigner who Newcastle United are and I've seen this first hand in countries like Thailand, "yay Newcastle Araan Sheela!"  if you asked them who West Ham were they'd think you were on about a part of a pig.  Deluded cockney c***s.  Hand on heart I wouldn't put them in the top 15 clubs in this country, I don't think many would.

That was spectacular. You just made my afternoon.

thats f****** hilarious. Even a mackem I've sent the link to on MSN is wetting himself

"-At Newcastle you'd be playing in midfield with Nicky Butt. Here you'd be playing in midfield with Scott Parker. "

If I was Joey Barton I f****** know who i'd rather play alongside.

Scott Parker is now seeming to be one of the most over rated players in the PL. Can't believe they rate him over Butt.

The fact it's half empty for UEFA Cup games is because the UEFA Cup is shit, most of the games are like playing League One sides, and we've played over 80 games in Europe in the last 10 years.  Shite like West Ham and Spurs haven't even played 20.

This is a club who have averaged over 30,000 TWICE in their history, opposed to a club who have set world record average gates, and in the last 7 seasons alone have never been lower than the 11th best supported club in the world, as far as average gates on concerned.   You really couldn't make that up.  I won't go on about attendances, but that great promotion season of 92/93, West Ham had a really good season too, they were only 8 points worse off than ourselves, their average gate? 15,000 I rest my case cor blimey, jellied pie, nice gaff, apples and pears cockney wanks.

The biggest and most accurate insult I can bestow on them is they're a very very poor mans Tottenham, and truly that is an insult.  If you asked your average foreigner who Newcastle United are and I've seen this first hand in countries like Thailand, "yay Newcastle Araan Sheela!"  if you asked them who West Ham were they'd think you were on about a part of a pig.  Deluded cockney cunts.  Hand on heart I wouldn't put them in the top 15 clubs in this country, I don't think many would.

Top post! :thup: :lol:

The fact it's half empty for UEFA Cup games is because the UEFA Cup is s***, most of the games are like playing League One sides, and we've played over 80 games in Europe in the last 10 years.  s**** like West Ham and Spurs haven't even played 20.

This is a club who have averaged over 30,000 TWICE in their history, opposed to a club who have set world record average gates, and in the last 7 seasons alone have never been lower than the 11th best supported club in the world, as far as average gates on concerned.  You really couldn't make that up.  I won't go on about attendances, but that great promotion season of 92/93, West Ham had a really good season too, they were only 8 points worse off than ourselves, their average gate? 15,000 I rest my case cor blimey, jellied pie, nice gaff, apples and pears cockney wanks.

The biggest and most accurate insult I can bestow on them is they're a very very poor mans Tottenham, and truly that is an insult.  If you asked your average foreigner who Newcastle United are and I've seen this first hand in countries like Thailand, "yay Newcastle Araan Sheela!"  if you asked them who West Ham were they'd think you were on about a part of a pig.  Deluded cockney c***s.  Hand on heart I wouldn't put them in the top 15 clubs in this country, I don't think many would.

That was spectacular. You just made my afternoon.

And mine!!! You should be on the vodka more often Steve! :p