Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crazy money,  but if Ashley takes over,  who really cares?  Reckon he'll be a very good signing.

I do. It's a dangerous precedent to set. Just because we might be getting a massive cash injection doesn't mean we shouldn't be careful in regards to what the staff are paid.

Crazy money,  but if Ashley takes over,  who really cares?  Reckon he'll be a very good signing.

I do. It's a dangerous precedent to set. Just because we might be getting a massive cash injection doesn't mean we shouldn't be careful in regards to what the staff are paid.

Agreed.

Guest gggg

To be fair, if we get rid of Dyer and his reported wages we're actually saving money and improving the team.

If the wages the media say are true that is, they say Brambles on 40k a week so i doubt it.  :idiot2:

Guest TheOrder

Quite fucking sad, if you ask me.

:lol: Bloody hell.

(Am i gonna be whooshed?)

Not really. I know it's only messing around and to be expected on a football forum but it annoys me that just about every single female member on this forum is focused on as soon as they make a post, generally not so much for what they have to say, but for the fact that they're, well, female. I'm sure the majority don't mind but I reckon it puts some females off posting here.

Yo He-man. Un-twist your knickers. It was a joke. It's so obviously a joke, you'd have to be clinically braindead to think otherwise. It was more a dig at the people your talking about if anything.

Anyway, you can't talk (edited)

I'm not a particularly big fan of Barton personally.  However I trust Allardyce so the fact that he's got one of his targets has to be a good thing.  If he is being paid £70,000 per week though I'd be extremely suprised and a bit worried.  Hopefully that's just press talk.

I guessed in the region of 50k so to hear it's closer to the 70 mark is a suprise but 10 year ago 50k was alot of money. That's football i suppose. It's important to remember that we have freed up alot of wages for next year.

Possible front six?

Butt

Emre

Barton

Owen        Viduka          Martins

Quite f****** sad, if you ask me.

:lol: Bloody hell.

(Am i gonna be whooshed?)

Not really. I know it's only messing around and to be expected on a football forum but it annoys me that just about every single female member on this forum is focused on as soon as they make a post, generally not so much for what they have to say, but for the fact that they're, well, female. I'm sure the majority don't mind but I reckon it puts some females off posting here.

A naa and they're all stinkers anyway the ones on here.

Parker was allegedly on £55,000 a week for the person that asked, and if any of you believe Joey Barton is seriously getting £70,000 a week in his 5 year deal, yiz are daft c***s.  David Craig Sky Sports :lol:

Did you see the size of Willie McKays Ale Gut just now on SSN.

What a fat c*** he is and i'm not surprised either with the fees he's raked in just off us, never mind any other club.

Did they do an interview with him or was it just him walking with Barton?

I guessed in the region of 50k so to hear it's closer to the 70 mark is a suprise but 10 year ago 50k was alot of money. That's football i suppose. It's important to remember that we have freed up alot of wages for next year.

We only have SSN's word that were paying him £70k, a figure has never come from the club, and i doubt anyone would tell them just for the sake of it.

WHU are in the game to make it know how much they are willing to pay a palyer even before they've put an offer in, it gets the player thinking, they did it with Upson & Neill, and have done the same with Parker, Johnson and no doubt Barton as well, and i'm sure but not 100% positive a £70k figure was mentioned with Parker & Barton, if so, SSN's are putting 2 + 2 together and matching WHU's money as why would he take less?

Maybe that's what we've done, or maybe we haven't and thats what he went away to think about, but decided the extra £20k a week wasn't an issue in the end, his career was more important, and under SA with NUFC he felt that was the better option.

So no confirmed figure, i'd be upset if it was that much, especially since he could be going to prison, but we'll just have to wait and see, we might be told at some stage the ins and outs of the deal, but i doubt we'll get a stone cold answer on the wages front.

See the end of season report, forgive my ignorance here btw because I've never held a great interest in the details of our finances, apart worrying about our wages/turnover ratio being over 50%, which is the recommended maximum level for a healthy club.  See if you're a share holder surely you get a detailed report, about who's getting paid what, or am I just so wrong it's ridiculous?

it makes sense for agents to leak higher wages to the press,then they can say to another employer with another client.."player x is on £70,000,so my client must be worth that" even if not true.

We got him on the cheap from Man City

5.5m for Barton is not cheap, imo.

Speed £5.5m - 1998

Hamann £4.5m - 1998

Dyer £6m - 1999

Maric £3.5m - 1999

Bassedas - £4m - 2000

Jenas - £5m - 2002

Viana - £8.5m - 2002

Parker £6.5m - 2005

Emre £3.8m - 2005

A selection of central midfield players over the last decade who have signed for us. Look at the prices even as far back as when we bought Speed. I don't think we've got a bad deal at all in terms of a transfer fee considering he's proven Premiership quality. If he does half as well as Speed then we're on a winner.

I reckon Barton and McKay went into SJP wanting £70k a week. Shepherd baulked and turned them down. Barton & agent left saying they were going to listen to West Ham under the guise of him 'considering Newcastle's offer'. Shepherd bottled it and offered them the £70k they wanted before they even got on the A19. Barton & co turn the 4x4 around and head back to SJP laughing their tits off.

All hypothetical and I can't prove any of it. Just my cynical self reading between the lines. 

Possible front six?

Butt

Emre

Barton

Owen         Viduka          Martins

Potentially. Where it leaves Milner though, i'm not sure.

------------------------ Butt -------------------------

------------ Barton ----------- Emre ---------------

Milner ---------------------------------------- Owen

---------------------- Martins ------------------------

... would possible be my preference. I honestly wouldn't know. I can imagine Viduka will play in fits and spurts anyhow, likewise with Shola. I can't see either of Martins or Owen going just yet so it leaves us with plenty of attacking options. Taking account the likes of Duff and N'Zogbia aswell, there's 6 or 7 realistic combinations of that front three.

Tell you what, i'm glad i'm not Allardyce! Damned exciting, though. Nice to have a (fucking fantastic) headache when it comes to starting line-ups. I await the friendlies with great anticipation.

We got him on the cheap from Man City

5.5m for Barton is not cheap, imo.

Speed £5.5m - 1998

Hamann £4.5m - 1998

Dyer £6m - 1999

Maric £3.5m - 1999

Bassedas - £4m - 2000

Jenas - £5m - 2002

Viana - £8.5m - 2002

Parker £6.5m - 2005

Emre £3.8m - 2005

A selection of central midfield players over the last decade who have signed for us. Look at the prices even as far back as when we bought Speed. I don't think we've got a bad deal at all in terms of a transfer fee considering he's proven Premiership quality. If he does half as well as Speed then we're on a winner.

I agree. It's a fair price.  Liverpool paid £24m for Cisse and Diouf.  Man Utd paid £28m for Juan Sebastian Veron.  Chelsea paid £24m for SWP.    They're on about £10m for this Fernandes who might be good but he's far from proven.  I think it's a good deal.

it would appear everything has been agreed,i'd be surprised if he hasn't signed the required papers etc as story has it we are just awaiting paperwork off citeh.

i'd like to know the conversation that happened in that car mind.