Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd do a lot for £300,000 that was rightfully mine.

If you had a few million tucked away, you wouldn't give a shit.

Barton may be legally entitled to the money but he certainly doesn't deserve it. Greedy fucking arsehole. Couldn't give a shit if he's virtually our player or not. If he's acting the cunt, he's acting the cunt.  :rolleyes:

Barton may be legally entitled to the money but he certainly doesn't deserve it. Greedy fucking arsehole. Couldn't give a shit if he's virtually our player or not. If he's acting the cunt, he's acting the cunt.  :rolleyes:

Not arguing with that, cos it's spot on!

But the mentality of a rich man is to want more. If the £300,000 is rightfully his, it's not like he's not going to put up a fight for it. Let's be realistic.

Looks like Joey might still end up in the slammer once the dust is settled. His past misdemeanours will be held in a new light if he insists on being a bonehead about this one.

it will have no effect whatsoever

I for one would drop the deal!

He's not fantastic by any stretch of the imagination!

And being a greedy scally b****** like he is, I think we need to wash our hands of him. He's a c*** and always will be!

why ? he's agreed temrs etc,not missing training or anything important,he's on holiday as he would have been if it had gone through and every week he stays on their books saves us £45,000 to £60,000,let it drag on till pre season training for all i care.

But the mentality of a rich man is to want more. If the £300,000 is rightfully his, it's not like he's not going to put up a fight for it. Let's be realistic.

If he cared about his own PR and how the public viewed him he'd just drop it. The fact he hasn't dropped it has started ringing my own personal alarm bells about the transfer tbh. :tongue: 

Looks like Joey might still end up in the slammer once the dust is settled. His past misdemeanours will be held in a new light if he insists on being a bonehead about this one.

Of course it will. It's had an effect just in this thread if you hadn't noticed.

Of course it will. It's had an effect just in this thread if you hadn't noticed.

i thought you were trying to make out that his present situation would make him look worse in court ?

i thought you were trying to make out that his present situation would make him look worse in court ?

Well it depends on who is present and judging in court. If it's a Dell PC or a Dalek then it won't have any effect. If there are people involved with unknown allegiances/loyalties/medical conditions etc.. then who knows?

If you had a few million tucked away, you wouldn't give a s***.

Barton may be legally entitled to the money but he certainly doesn't deserve it. Greedy f****** arsehole. Couldn't give a s*** if he's virtually our player or not. If he's acting the c***, he's acting the c***.  :rolleyes:

If he cared about his own PR and how the public viewed him he'd just drop it. The fact he hasn't dropped it has started ringing my own personal alarm bells about the transfer tbh. :tongue: 

???

Putting out a cigar is someone's face = silence.

Demanding money that is rightfully his = alarm bells.

Barton and Man City signed a contract. And Barton is entitled to the money. 

Sure, he can afford to wave it off. But so can the club. This idea that he doesn't need the money misses the point. Nobody in football needs or deserves the kind of money they are making. But the club has agreed to pay them the money.

Man City signed the contract... he held up his end, they need to hold up their end. 

Fat Freddy signed Owen with this ridiculous escape clause--he can't hold out now because the player was injured or hold out any other excuse. If a club comes for Owen and offers the money, I expect Owen will go as is his right. If there is a "loyalty clause" in the contract, I expect Owen will collect the money as well. Don't blame Owen, don't blame Barton. Blame the club officials who signed the contract.

As usual, whatever Willie Mckay touches turns into steaming piles of dogshit.

tbh, if Barton had any brains at all he'd recognize the PR nightmare that this is causing him and give up on the 300k.

Do you really think he is going to give a s*** about what the papers say about him, when his bank account could bloat even more so, with £300,000 being added to it? Hardly like this little saga compares to the s*** he's been through with the press and various supporters in earlier phases of his career.

Well, Barton may not, but if I already had 10m+ secured in my bank account, I'd surely be willing to give up another 300k or so to get on the good side of my new supporters.

Having a bust up with your supporters from day one could be the start of a disasterous experience at a new team.

Like I said, if he had any brains whatsoever he'd be dropping this matter right now.

This is all speculation, for all we know Barton is a victim in this. Mackay could have approached the club as player representative and demanded the contractually owed sum. (Mackay may well be on a cut of it.)

Even in a worse case scenario and it is all down to Barton, it could come down to a matter of principles that he feels the club has to do the right thing. No-one here knows what that money is earmarked for, he might be giving it straight to some charity.

He's not a bling bling crack head for all that he clearly has some rage issues, there is an earlier quote from a reliable source regarding the amount of charity work he does.

Why are people so quick to condemn when they have none of the facts?

Manchester City have hit back at Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce in the cash row over Joey Barton's proposed £5.5m move to St James' Park.

City spokesman Paul Tyrrell said: "It is disappointing that Sam Allardyce has chosen to make these claims public.

"At no time have we divulged the details of Joey's contract."

Tyrrell added: "Sadly this is now in the public domain through no fault of Manchester City."

(From BBC)

As has already been said, none of us know all the facts but it looks to me as if Man City are using the fact that Barton wants away to avoid giving him his money. 

If I was Barton i'd hold out for the money aswell.  If you let people away with taking the p!ss once then they'll just keep on doing it until somebody takes them to task over it.  Man City might say they've let him away with taking the p!ss for long enough aswell but they did it because he was their most saleable asset.

Let the PFA sort it out.  As other people have said we're not paying him until Man City sign over his registration.

according to allardyce barton will hopefully sign today

Well it's about time!

Good stuff. Looks like the FA have sorted things out regarding the loyalty payment.

About time.

Even though i was confident it would go through we all know what football is like and i'm glad it can finally happen. Might get a few words from the lad.