Fredrik Ljungberg linked to Newcastle

Guest TrEe

Guest TrEe

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is set to hand Swedish winger Fredrik Ljungberg a free transfer away from the club.

The Swedish international, made 26 appearances for Arsenal last season, scoring two goals in the process will be handed a free transfer according to the Independent.

Bolton Wanderers and Newcastle United are both believed to be keen on signing the winger and there is likely to be no shortage of competition for the Swedish star's signature.

Would deffently take him on a free!

Guest Alan_Shearer

Definatly the guy is class, Dyer out if Freddy comes. But to be honest it seems to good to be true if we can get someone of Freddy's class.

As long as he doesn't command hige wage then would be a brilliant box to box midfielder he will always get you goals and i've always liked him for some reason. Competition for Barton and can also operate on both wings so would be very useful in a 4-5-1 formation.

Guest gggg

He's past it really, So long as we get some youth in aswell we wont go anywhere with a team full of players on the way down.

30+ and would want 50k+ wages and even then he isn't certain of a first team place.

He was a really good player but that was a few years ago now, I would be concerned at the real lack of form and pace he showed after he came back from injury, he just didn't look up to it anymore.

If we could get him on a 1 year contract (unlikely I know) then it would be a good deal, anything more than that and we could be stuck with somebody on high wages for a long time.

Guest gggg

As long as he doesn't command hige wage then would be a brilliant box to box midfielder he will always get you goals

It's not 2003 anymore mate.  :lol:

His recent record.

2006  18  0

2005  25  1

Any minute now, someone will gripe about picking up free transfers now there's plenty of money to spend.

He'd be an excellent signing.

Sh** player, sh*** signing!!

But you'd expect me to say that tbh. :lol: :lol:

Guest eyeball_tickler

2 goals from 26 for an attacking midfielder at one of the worlds most attacking teams isnt good enough. dyer scored far more at a team that was close to relegation.

Im from Sweden...And i hope that we stay clear away from him..A few years ago he was good, but not anymore. Injuryprone also. Reminds me of Dyer these days. Does not contribute much imo. And difficult to find a position for him.

NO THANKS

Living on past memories, faded with Pires only Pires had the good grace to reach 30 before taking a huge nose dive.

If SA thinks he can do a job and he costs nothing then really not much harm in trying, although i would still be against it as we haven't got Europe and don't need a massive squad next season, if he were a defender then i'd be more excited but as it stand if were going to buy an attacking mid then i prefer it to be for the future, Giles Barnes mould and spend some of the extra cash he didn't expect like that as, as it stands, if no one upfront leaves were pterry much set to go if we bring in 6 new defenders.

It's easy enough suggesting the man has gone off the boil but is anyone forgetting who our manager is. Allardyce can get the bet back oout of him again. For free he would be a good signing but not a priority IMO.

Sam might get the best out of him but he really was awful last year. I know a lot of Arsenal fans and they weren't too pleased with him at all last season.

Nevertheless the more we can pad our squad with free signings the better, at leat we know he has quality when he is fit and firing.

He is finished.

If you've actually watched him in the past two seasons then you'd know that he's worse than all of your current first team wingers and very injury prone.

Guest Peter.Sthlm

Past his best in the EPL. I think he should go to Spain if Arsenal don't want him anymore.

Guest Newbie

The following is probably worth a new thread so maybe somebody could start one.......

Both The Times &  The Guardian  have stories linking us with a move for Wes Brown...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/newcastle/article1901533.ece

"Newcastle also have an interest in Wes Brown, with Glenn Roeder, Allardyce’s predecessor, having been particularly eager to sign the England defender. Brown, 27, has one more year of his deal at Manchester United and with Jonny Evans and Gerard Piqué returning to Old Trafford after loan spells, Brown’s opportunities may be limited.

Brown is understood to be enthusiastic at the prospect of moving to the North East and should be available for less than £5 million. With Titus Bramble, Craig Moore and Oguchi Onyewu leaving Newcastle, defence is an area that requires attention and Allardyce is hoping to acquire a full back. Leighton Baines, of Wigan Athletic, is a target."

The guardian have a similar snippet about us making a potential move for him.