Who would you sign now?

toptoon

We'd have to break the bank for Marquez. Nevertheless, would be an absolutely immense signing. Not that we would ever have a chance.

Why not?

All the Spanish papers are saying Barca will probably sell Marquez once they get Gabi Milito. Atletico Madrid are the only club linked with Marquez, but they don't exactly blow us out of the water. Marquez got his Spanish passport last November so he'd have no problems playing over here.

AS are claiming that Atletico would want Barca to seriously lower their price or even accept a loan deal. They're looking for a ball playing centre back and Marquez is said to be good friends with their coach. But I think if we were to offer something like £8m Barca would definitely listen. Andrade just went for £6.7M and although Depor are really skint, Marquez is about to become 4th choice at the Nou Camp while Andrade was the star player at Depor. To say we would never have a chance is to suggest that someone like Milan would come and snap him up, yet for the moment I only see Atletico putting their name forward.

Yorkie tends to generally be sceptical of our chances of signing anyone tbh. :lol:

:lol: I won't deny that tbh. Well i dunno, i don't think sceptical's the word. Too realistic maybe. I'm probably not ambitious enough.

Guest Dr. Pongle

Realistically there's a good chance he'll be in the Intertoto Cup soon wearing an Atletico Madrid shirt.

If Atletico can attract him then we definitely can.

If Ashley wants to flex his financial muscle then I reckon it would make sense to get a solid, solid player - Marquez fits the bill perfectly.

We'd have to break the bank for Marquez. Nevertheless, would be an absolutely immense signing. Not that we would ever have a chance.

Why not?

All the Spanish papers are saying Barca will probably sell Marquez once they get Gabi Milito. Atletico Madrid are the only club linked with Marquez, but they don't exactly blow us out of the water. Marquez got his Spanish passport last November so he'd have no problems playing over here.

AS are claiming that Atletico would want Barca to seriously lower their price or even accept a loan deal. They're looking for a ball playing centre back and Marquez is said to be good friends with their coach. But I think if we were to offer something like £8m Barca would definitely listen. Andrade just went for £6.7M and although Depor are really skint, Marquez is about to become 4th choice at the Nou Camp while Andrade was the star player at Depor. To say we would never have a chance is to suggest that someone like Milan would come and snap him up, yet for the moment I only see Atletico putting their name forward.

Yorkie tends to generally be sceptical of our chances of signing anyone tbh. :lol:

:lol: I won't deny that tbh. Well i dunno, i don't think sceptical's the word. Too realistic maybe. I'm probably not ambitious enough.

I'd go along with that.

You're pushing it with Marquez if you ask me though, think we'd have a shot at him. Team with big potential that he knows he could be a cornerstone for (if he speaks English, he's a very good shout for captain) that can match his wages.

Obviously there's a chance one of the elite clubs will be after him, but it's possible they won't.

hehe...HONESTLY, we should go for Salcido. Best defender here in Mexico, underrated and always performs better then Marquez. Was excellent at PSV and a very quiet player, Osorio is aonther mexican defender who is great. I dont like Marquez, because here in Mexico he gets the headlines as being overrated while people in Europe outside of Spain sees him as one of the best. He was at fault for Liverpool banging them out of the Champions League, and quite honestly he had many mistakes which made them loose out to Real. Hes a good player, no doubt otherwise he wouldnt be where he is, but Barcelona wants to offload him and its understandable, HES NOT THAT GREAT. We should go for Salcido.

Watched PSV several times against Liverpool and Arsenal last season and I didn't think Salcido looked good enough at all. Looked a bit out of his depth to me.

marquez is crap, end of story.

you're delusional, end of a different story.

Just look at his sig, you will understand.

hehe...HONESTLY, we should go for Salcido. Best defender here in Mexico, underrated and always performs better then Marquez. Was excellent at PSV and a very quiet player, Osorio is aonther mexican defender who is great. I dont like Marquez, because here in Mexico he gets the headlines as being overrated while people in Europe outside of Spain sees him as one of the best. He was at fault for Liverpool banging them out of the Champions League, and quite honestly he had many mistakes which made them loose out to Real. Hes a good player, no doubt otherwise he wouldnt be where he is, but Barcelona wants to offload him and its understandable, HES NOT THAT GREAT. We should go for Salcido.

Salcido is class. (Based on the world cup ;) )

We should look at Betis. Juanito and Meli are both top CBs.

Yes Salcido was class at the World Cup and although i agree he has had some bad matches, he havnt been as much at fault for important goals and hes pretty secure. But he dominates his flank most of the time and he would not have a problem in england except against Ronaldo, Robben/Malouda/Joe Cole.

Guest 22bnw

Yeh I do come to think of it. I've just told my mate we've signed Neil Sullivan and showed him that, he's having a right rant at me about how crap Allardyce is, I'll let him know later...

Guest NUFC4

i would sign.....  :parky:

two left backs, one of the following three: my first choice being bridge because he has premiership experience and is an outstanding player, second daniel alves because he's young, can play either right or left back, and has a nack for getting forward and not only setting up goals but scoring them. i'm afraid he might cost too much and if chelsea is after him champions league footbal will be too tempting. third would be baines. sign one of those three, and then a backup, wouldn't mind having quedrue in but having baba as backup wouldn't be the end of the world.

a right back...take your pick just fucking get somebody in who can do the job

a center back possibly campbell

a central midfielder with some height and presence to go with all our shorties, wouldn't mind seeing diarra come in

and an attacking midfielder such as riquelme, guily, or deco

no need for more strikers unless oba goes awol again and leaves the club, if he was to leave my choice would have to be gudjohnsen

i would sign.....  :parky:

two left backs, one of the following three: my first choice being bridge because he has premiership experience and is an outstanding player, second daniel alves because he's young, can play either right or left back, and has a nack for getting forward and not only setting up goals but scoring them. i'm afraid he might cost too much and if chelsea is after him champions league footbal will be too tempting. third would be baines. sign one of those three, and then a backup, wouldn't mind having quedrue in but having baba as backup wouldn't be the end of the world.

a right back...take your pick just f****** get somebody in who can do the job

a center back possibly campbell

a central midfielder with some height and presence to go with all our shorties, wouldn't mind seeing diarra come in

and an attacking midfielder such as riquelme, guily, or deco

no need for more strikers unless oba goes awol again and leaves the club, if he was to leave my choice would have to be gudjohnsen

Diarra is 5'8"

Guest Dr. Pongle

If some can pull Deco out that hat I'll be satisfied.

:lol:

Not going to happen.

Hang on a minute..

Obviously...

Yep.

Guest WalkervilleMag

sky Text Newcastle page advertising "London Legend in .... Staggering deal ! " on them premium phone lne thingys.  Somebody ring up and see who it is please.