Wenger reportedly wants Oba for 13 million according to Sun.

madras

Guest Dr. Pongle

:(

Can't see him going to Arsenal though, Wenger knows a good player and from reading the forums Martins obviously isnt a good player.

Their fuckpig fans will compare him to Henry and be on his back non-stop.

@Tsunami: Might be but it's hard to believe as I left the camp in Stegersbach at 2 pm yesterday and martins was still on the training pitch... from there to graz or vienna airport it's 1 or 1 and 1/2 hour.... so he must be quick ...

@Tsunami: Might be but it's hard to believe as I left the camp in Stegersbach at 2 pm yesterday and martins was still on the training pitch... from there to graz or vienna airport it's 1 or 1 and 1/2 hour.... so he must be quick ...

Did he have an Arsenal bib on?

I have just caught the end of an item on SSN news, the gist of which is that Martins has been in London overnight & was spotted at the Emirates. The London press are also reporting that a deal is almost done. I can't find anything else reported on this - was I dreaming or distracted (again) by my avater?

If it is so then good bye & good luck. Sam go buy Gudjohnsen if you can.

I think they were talking about Sagna. Nowt to worry about just yet.

He's worth more than £13M after his debut season, that's for fucking sure.

At the very least he proved he could score goals in the top division (in a shite team) and that he could stay fit for the vast majority of a huge campaign (in a shite team) while carrying massive responsibility and everything as well.

I'm not his biggest fan, but I hope he stays at least another year and that we get rid of that escape clause.

Seems the logical thing just to offer him a new contract/pay rise that he wants, without the clause.

Not great business having to renegotiate after a year but the best choice given the situation the former regime put us in.

Id rather we did that than have him play against us in Arsenal colours next season whilst we struggle to find a decent enough replacement.

Haven't noticed anything at all on Sky Sports about Martins - Bellamy was just on before talking about his move and how Shearer has apologized to him over his comments in a paper a few weeks ago.

He's worth more than £13M after his debut season, that's for f****** sure.

At the very least he proved he could score goals in the top division (in a s**** team) and that he could stay fit for the vast majority of a huge campaign (in a s**** team) while carrying massive responsibility and everything as well.

I'm not his biggest fan, but I hope he stays at least another year and that we get rid of that escape clause.

I agree...

Oba will find some consistency and more confidence while playing for a better and more organised team. He has great potential even if he's quite raw.

But when Oba plays with confidence he's good at those easy things that he often messed up.

I want him to stay.  The right guidance and some more experience i believe that he will improve alot.

Im afraid that IF he goes we will regret it big time in the future!  Not that it's in the clubs hands because of this clause he has.

I have just caught the end of an item on SSN news, the gist of which is that Martins has been in London overnight & was spotted at the Emirates. The London press are also reporting that a deal is almost done. I can't find anything else reported on this - was I dreaming or distracted (again) by my avater?

If it is so then good bye & good luck. Sam go buy Gudjohnsen if you can.

I think they were talking about Sagna. Nowt to worry about just yet.

Aye i think some fan has got Martins and Sagna confused on Football365.

Lets refuse to pay him his fee for not asking for a transfer, but did effectively by putting the release clause in, should hold the deal up a couple of weeks and Arsenal may refuse to pay it.

See Barton is helping out the team already.

Guest Dr. Pongle

Shepherd deserves to have his face shaved with a fucking angle grinder for this fucking pickle he's left us in. Tedious fat fuckstick.

Shepherd deserves to have his face shaved with a fucking angle grinder for this fucking pickle he's left us in. Tedious fat fuckstick.

Should be taking to court by the club for gross incompetence.

SSN is reviewing local papers

Arsenal says Sagna is at Arsenal and Martins will sign this week.

If he signs for Arsenal im going to be disappointed  :(

Who could we replace him with? Eidur? Great player, any other suggestions?

Guest Dr. Pongle

Should be taking to court by the club for gross incompetence.

I'm awaiting an e-mail from NUFC telling me to delete my account.

Sheff Wednesday style, of course.

Shepherd deserves to have his face shaved with a f****** angle grinder for this f****** pickle he's left us in. Tedious fat fuckstick.

yup, Mortal Chris needs to act immediately.  Offer an improved contract without the clause, and if Martins accepts, great, if not, we know he doesn't want to be here.  Same goes for little well spoken Michael.

At least that way, if they don't want to be here we can alert interested parties and turn our attention to replacements before panic buys set in

SSN is reviewing local papers

Arsenal says Sagna is at Arsenal and Martins will sign this week.

Its not Arsenal saying that,  its the Evening Standard speculating.