Edmilson agrees move to NUFC. Or not? - SSN

magorific

I don't see the problem getting him now, even if he doesn't play until January, because if we don't then someone like Milan will.

My gripe is that he was a Brazilian international, playing for Barcelona; he's hardly going to ask for tuppence-a-week. We're going to be paying him absolutely stacks for fuck all, and there's every chance he'll be shite when he does come back.

Like you say, Sam's probably gone over their to find out the exact details of this injury, before making any enquiry/formal approach. And i would have thought, Sam will definitely say "no thanks" if the extent of the injury is so vast. If we sign him, then he'll only be out for a few weeks.

he had the op at the end of june and the barcelona doctor,Ramon Cugat, predicts a long recovery of "four,five or six months" meaning he could be fit to play by the end of october early novemberish

We're signing Edmilson for a nominal fee and people are crying into their cornflakes.

Every reason to be concerned at signing a 31-year old crock who's out until next year.

If we sign him, we can drag up this thread in a year's time and see how he's done.

Indeed, and like you I hope I'm totally wrong.

This signing wouldn't bother me too much if we bring in another experienced leader of good calibre before the transfer window. On the face of it I don't like the look of this transfer and I think I'm well justified in that.

Plus, there's so many other options. This enquiry doesn't fill me with an awful lot of hope. If we get Edmilson, plus Rozenhal, there's the two centre-backs that Sam wanted. I'm all for squad-filling but, whether or not we do sign another one, i'm gonna be like Optimistic Nut now; we can do better than that.

I'd imagine Edmilson is being brought in as a midfielder though. In which case, we still need a top centre-half.

The versatility is just about the only thing that i'm keen about. We could do with another defensive mid, and he can also fill in at centre-back, which is good.

But still. ???

We'll just have to wait and see. :D

I'd imagine Edmilson is being brought in as a midfielder though. In which case, we still need a top centre-half.

I reckon so too. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he's being brought in as a holding midfielder to challange Butt and as 4th choice centre back, behind Taylor, Roz and Mr. New Defender.

Put it this way, it's very possible we could end up with Viduka, Barton, Rozehnal, Geremi, Beye & Edmilson for around £10m. That's immense. :lol:

Massive wages and signing on fees for Viduka, Geremi and Edmilson mind. Players on bosmans can always demand that because they know the paying club are getting a bargain. I remember Moore was said to be on big wages.

Edmilson simply isn't that good a defensive midfielder in my view. He's a better central defender who can 'do a job' in midfield. My point is we don't have to buy Edmilson, there are loads of good, younger players out there who are ready to play straight away. Why Edmilson? This is why I think it's a gamble and a bit desperate to go for someone when you don't exactly know what you're getting.

I reckon so too. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he's being brought in as a holding midfielder to challange Butt and as 4th choice centre back, behind Taylor, Roz and Mr. New Defender.

In that case, and presuming the extent of the injury isn't so drastic, then it's a very decent move. Very shrewd.

However, like i said before, i can only imagine he'll be brought in if his injury isn't as significant as first thought - because i simply cannot see Sam Allardyce signing a player, and paying him large wages every week, for him to sit on a table for 6 months. If he is out for that long, then Sam will turn him down.

Maybe taking Edmilson is getting us Gudjohnson<sp?> for cheap?

Hehe it's a nice thought.

"If you give us Gudjohnsen we promise to take Edmilson off you n'all."

"Hmmm..."    *strokes beard*

:lol:

Im not sure if that is the case but ssn did run the story that we want to sign both

According to SSN:

We're linked with Gudjohnsen / We've agreed in principal to sign Edmilson

Whether either are accurate, we don't know. We could be after someone totally different for all we know. Think it was mentioned that Motta wants out......

From .com:

Edmilson's Nou Camp career:

2004/05 4 league appearances

Oct 2004 Operation on right knee

2005/06 24 league appearances

June 2006 Operation on right knee

2006/07 22 league appearances

June 2007 Operation on right knee

Barcelona club doctor Ramon Cugat speaking earlier this week:

"This is a complicated injury with a slow recuperation."

We're buying a crock.

Im not sure if that is the case but ssn did run the story that we want to sign both

According to SSN:

We're linked with Gudjohnsen / We've agreed in principal to sign Edmilson

Whether either are accurate, we don't know. We could be after someone totally different for all we know. Think it was mentioned that Motta wants out......

and rumour has it they want deco out before moving for lampard

This is the same Allardyce that gave Fadiga a contract despite his heart problems, and Jardel despite him being a fat b*stard remember, as well as Michael Bridges when it was clear he wasn't upto the Premiership anymore after his loan spell here. ;)

Guest exilim

Edmilson just played a friendly against england on 2007 June 1 isn't it?

Jees guys, 4 weeks ago we had moore who was that s*** and that bad. Edmilson to replace him on a free, australian international and current brazil international. Choose your man.

If roeder were still the gaffer, it will be like, Roeder admits frustration on the transfer window. It's ridiculous, the club is trying to do business here and there you have a transfer window that closes at the end of August.