Edmilson agrees move to NUFC. Or not? - SSN

magorific

Edmilson just played a friendly against england on 2007 June 1 isn't it?

Jees guys, 4 weeks ago we had moore who was that s*** and that bad. Edmilson to replace him on a free, australian international and current brazil international. Choose your man.

If roeder were still the gaffer, it will be like, Roeder admits frustration on the transfer window. It's ridiculous, the club is trying to do business here and here you are having a transfer window that closes at the end of August.

Roeder is still scouting Kuyt.

I don't think people are bothered about signing Edmilson it is more to do with the fact that he is crocked and out for a few months.

:clap:  :thup:

On the otherhand, we could sign him now, and when he returns in November, it's like having an out-of-window new signing on our hands.

I don't think people are bothered about signing Edmilson it is more to do with the fact that he is crocked and out for a few months.

On the otherhand, we could sign him now, and when he returns in November, it's like having an out-of-window new signing on our hands.

Who's going to need atleast another month to get used to playing football again, and is going to need atleast another few months to adapt to the league - at his age. On top of already being paid masses for doing absolutely fuck all.

If he's injured for ages, it's an absolutely rediculous signing.

Who's going to need atleast another month to get used to playing football again, and is going to need atleast another few months to adapt to the league - at his age. On top of already being paid masses for doing absolutely f*** all.

why? why, he'll miss the first 2 1/2 months of the season, so what

was anyone complaining when we signed Viduka who's likely to miss the first month

Who says he's coming back in November though? There's every chance it'll be December or later before he can play, going off reports.

And even if he does come back only missing the first three months, this guy is injury prone. He will break down again and again. There's a reason he barely makes 20 games a season.

For once we could do without a player coming in and out of the side like that, espescially in central defence. That's the last area of the pitch where you want that, which is probably why he was shoved into defensive midfield (as well as the fact that Puyol, Marquez and Thuram are better than him).

Guest johnson293

Sorry if it's already been posted/mentioned, but found this funny reading todays Chronic...

The Chronicle revealed United’s interest in Edmilson yesterday, and sure enough Allardyce, Freddy Shepherd’s son Kenneth and European scout Paul Montgomery flew to Barcelona yesterday afternoon and talked to Edmilson and his representative in a luxury hotel last night, with talks continuing today.

Alan is obviously claiming all the credit for this one - in fact that bit above makes it sound like they only went out there becasue it was mentioned in yesterdays Chronic!

Who's going to need atleast another month to get used to playing football again, and is going to need atleast another few months to adapt to the league - at his age. On top of already being paid masses for doing absolutely f*** all.

was anyone complaining when we signed Viduka who's likely to miss the first month

If he's out for 6 months, it means he's out until December, if you can count. July, August, September, October, November, December. And that's around four months missing the season. Where we'll be paying him big wages, to sit on an injury table. And, where Viduka has played in this league for a hefty segment of his career, and is proven in this league, Edmilson doesn't know it - and needs to adapt. The guy is injury prone anyway.

What would be the point, especially when there are so many other options?

Jees guys, 4 weeks ago we had moore who was that s*** and that bad. Edmilson to replace him on a free, australian international and current brazil international. Choose your man.

If roeder were still the gaffer, it will be like, Roeder admits frustration on the transfer window. It's ridiculous, the club is trying to do business here and there you have a transfer window that closes at the end of August.

If roeder were still the gaffer, people would be going apoplectic about this [alleged] transfer. They would also be hyper critical of the transfers made so far - a mentalist Man City reject, a fat, lazy striker from 'boro, and a defender from a French team that finished 15th last season. There's an awful lot of "Big Sam know's what he's doing" blind faith going on that was never afforded to Roeder. I hope it's justified.

If roeder were still the gaffer, it will be like, Roeder admits frustration on the transfer window. It's ridiculous, the club is trying to do business here and there you have a transfer window that closes at the end of August.

If roeder were still the gaffer, people would be going apoplectic about this [alleged] transfer. They would also be hyper critical of the transfers made so far - a mentalist Man City reject, a fat, lazy striker from 'boro, and a defender from a French team that finished 15th last season. There's an awful lot of "Big Sam know's what he's doing" blind faith going on that was never afforded to Roeder. I hope it's justified.

Difference being, Roeder would never, in a million years, have signed any of those players. We won't have signed anyone by now.

If he's out for 6 months, it means he's out until December, if you can count. July, August, September, October, November, December. And that's around four months missing the season. Where we'll be paying him big wages, to sit on an injury table. And, where Viduka has played in this league for a hefty segment of his career, and is proven in this league, Edmilson doesn't know it - and needs to adapt. The guy is injury prone anyway.

and it may be four months and we may not be paying all the wages (like fowlers deal to man citeh when leeds were still paying a substantial chunk)

no proof of either mind

Its known as the "Allah'dyce phenomenom". Keep the faith tbh.

and it may be four months and we may not be paying all the wages (like fowlers deal to man citeh when leeds were still paying a substantial chunk)

no proof of either mind

Obviously, i'm being hypothetical. I've said - if he's out for 6 months and we're paying big wages, then it's a rediculous signing - which it is.

I've also said... if he's out for a couple of months and his wages aren't too high, then it's a shrewd signing, given his versatility.

no proof of either mind

Obviously, i'm being hypothetical. I've said - if he's out for 6 months and we're paying big wages, then it's a rediculous signing - which it is.

I've also said... if he's out for a couple of months and his wages aren't too high, then it's a shrewd signing, given his versatility.

you'll get spelks in your arse mind :razz:

Excellent post.

I think Sam is enjoying a lot of the good feeling that has come from the takeover and the promise of money. None of our signings have set my pulse racing and we could lose Owen and Martins yet.

I don't see the problem getting him now, even if he doesn't play until January, because if we don't then someone like Milan will.

My gripe is that he was a Brazilian international, playing for Barcelona; he's hardly going to ask for tuppence-a-week. We're going to be paying him absolutely stacks for f*** all, and there's every chance he'll be s**** when he does come back.

Like you say, Sam's probably gone over their to find out the exact details of this injury, before making any enquiry/formal approach. And i would have thought, Sam will definitely say "no thanks" if the extent of the injury is so vast. If we sign him, then he'll only be out for a few weeks.

Yet when I said that about Owen you said I "Should take a look at yourself"

People need a reality check here, in case nobody noticed we had our worst finish points wise since the Premiership started, players like Edmilson are hardly going to be kicking our door down to sign for us, however his injury has opened a window of opportunity for us, the fact that Allardyce has faith in the lad will be a big confidence boost for him, instead of looking at bigger clubs he's likely to want to come to the toon as we're going out of our way to show him how much we really want him here.

It's a risk, no doubt about it, but there's a good chance that Barcelona will contribute half of his wages until he recovers from his injury, then it's up to Allardyce and his back room team to put him right, I think it's a good deal on a short term contract and shows what length's Allardyce will go to get the players he wants.

no proof of either mind

Are you going to try and bum him like?

Excellent post.

I think Sam is enjoying a lot of the good feeling that has come from the takeover and the promise of money. None of our signings have set my pulse racing and we could lose Owen and Martins yet.

It's not an excellent post at all. Only thick twats would have doubted these players abilities. However, there is no doubt at all Sam is a MUCH better manager than Roeder.

no proof of either mind

Are you going to try and bum him like?

am i going to try and bum him like what ?

like you have been ?

I don't see the problem getting him now, even if he doesn't play until January, because if we don't then someone like Milan will.

My gripe is that he was a Brazilian international, playing for Barcelona; he's hardly going to ask for tuppence-a-week. We're going to be paying him absolutely stacks for f*** all, and there's every chance he'll be s**** when he does come back.

Like you say, Sam's probably gone over their to find out the exact details of this injury, before making any enquiry/formal approach. And i would have thought, Sam will definitely say "no thanks" if the extent of the injury is so vast. If we sign him, then he'll only be out for a few weeks.

What a stupid comment. :lol:  You said, "I wouldn't be getting my hopes up when you consider Owen's performances since coming back from injury." Which, was an absolutely farcical statement. Plus, i said that Edmilson might be shit, cos he's old and has never played in this league before.

Regarding Edmilson, i'll stand by what i've said.

IF the guy is injured for six months, and we're paying substantial wages for him to sit on an injury table, then it's a pointless signing, given the fact that there are so many other options and he may not be up to it when he comes back (given his age and lack of experience in this league).

IF he isn't injured for too long, and his wages aren't through the roof like your average big-name Barcelona player, then it's a shrewd signing given his experience and versatility.

What a stupid comment. :lol:  You said, "I wouldn't be getting my hopes up when you consider Owen's performances since coming back from injury." Which, was an absolutely farcical statement. Plus, i said that Edmilson might be s***, cos he's old and cos he's old and has never played in this league before.

Regarding Edmilson, i'll stand by what i've said.

IF the guy is injured for six months, and we're paying substantial wages for him to sit on an injury table, then it's a pointless signing, given the fact that there are so many options and he may not be up to it when he comes back (given his age and lack of experience in this league).

IF he isn't injured for too long, and his wages aren't through the roof ike your average big-name Barcelona player, then it's a shrewd signing given his experience and versatility.

It's the same thing, there is a doubt over both players long term ability after coming back from serious injury, correct? The fact that Owen is supposed to have been fit yet has struggled to run faster than jogging pace is obviously oblivious to you, yet you think he'll still come back as a World class talent.

You don't like the Edmilson signing, probably because it's not the big name trophy signing the club has made over the past decade, so you point out there's a good chance he won't be as good when he comes back from injury.

Unbelievable.

People need a reality check here, in case nobody noticed we had our worst finish points wise since the Premiership started, players like Edmilson are hardly going to be kicking our door down to sign for us, however his injury has opened a window of opportunity for us, the fact that Allardyce has faith in the lad will be a big confidence boost for him, instead of looking at bigger clubs he's likely to want to come to the toon as we're going out of our way to show him how much we really want him here.

How desperate does that paragraph sound? Seriously, read it again.

We don't need Edmilson, there are loads of other capable players around and yet it seems we're jumping through hoops for an ageing player who may take 6 months to recover and may not be that good in England anyway. If we sign him up on big wages in the hope he'll come back fresh in the new year then we're more desperate than I thought.

You make it sound like we've just been promoted and this is our only hope of signing a good player.