Edmilson agrees move to NUFC. Or not? - SSN

magorific

We'll have to sign him crocked, he can't play for six months because of his third knee injury in as many years, by which time we'll have paid him a fortune in wages in the hope that he comes back mended and ready to adjust to a totally new league.

if he does sign a contract with Newcastle would hope that there would be some caveats in there to cover the event that he doesn't recover fully from the knee injury....then again with Fat Fred probably not.

if he does sign a contract with Newcastle would hope that there would be some caveats in there to cover the event that he doesn't recover fully from the knee injury....then again with Fat Fred probably not.

This is why I'm worried Fat Fred is still about. I'm sure his responsibility has diminished but SSN were claiming that he and Allardyce flew to Barcelona. I don't want to wake up tomorrow to find we've agreed a 3 year deal or something crazy!

I am not impressed by this signing at all  - ageing crocked player, questionable whether he can come back fully fit after having 3 operations, questionable as to the level he can perform at again and whether he is on the decline, questionable as to his ability to adapt to the premiership and its pace and physicality and questionable as to whether he can adapt to the country full stop - does the guy even speak English?

I am not impressed by this signing at all  - ageing crocked player, questionable whether he can come back fully fit after having 3 operations, questionable as to the level he can perform at again and whether he is on the decline, questionable as to his ability to adapt to the premiership and its pace and physicality and questionable as to whether he can adapt to the country full stop - does the guy even speak English?

More upmarket version of Campo. He didn't turn out badly did he?

More upmarket version of Campo. He didn't turn out badly did he?

I take your point but Bolton signed Campo when he was 28 (signed in August 2002, born Feb 1974) and his injury record wasn't anywhere near as bad.

Think of the reality of it - Sam is not going to sign a player who is injured for 6 months, is 31, not very good, and needs to adapt to a totally new league on top of all the injury worries. Sounds absolutely insane.

He's either after a different player, or this injury is nowhere near as bad as first seemed. I just find it too unrealistic to comprehend.

This is why I'm worried Fat Fred is still about. I'm sure his responsibility has diminished but SSN were claiming that he and Allardyce flew to Barcelona. I don't want to wake up tomorrow to find we've agreed a 3 year deal or something crazy!

nope,SSN said fred shepherds son kenny.

just as bad mind.

Edmilson will do wonders when hes back. One of the leagues top defensive midfielders and a clear starter for Barca when not injured, and people still complain? Wow lets go buy freakin Smith and play him in the midfield happy then?

would it be a case of agreeing the deal now and make the nominal payment and agreeing that the start date of the contract would be when he recovers from the injury (October time), with clauses in the contract to state that if he's not fit/ the recovery didn't go to plan, then the transfer is cancelled and the cash returned

I don't see the problem getting him now, even if he doesn't play until January, because if we don't then someone like Milan will.

He's not good enough for Milan any more and clubs like them aren't desperate enough to sign players who may or may not come back fully fit in 6 months. Real Madrid only signed Woodgate under those circumstances because they were desperate, all their other targets fell through. Desperate signings like that usually don't work out.

http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=46&a=46087

(only 12 days old)

17.06.2007, 19:38

Barcelona midfielder Edmilson looks close to leaving the club. After a season which has often seen him on the bench, the player seems set on changing club. He will soon meet with Barcelona technical director Beguiristain and inform him of his decision to leave. Edmilson will ask to be sold to Milan or Juventus, the two clubs that have showed the most interest. Spanish newspaper Sport also reveals Juventus and especially manager Ranieri are thinking about starting negotiations with Barcelona for Iniesta – also wanted by Real Madrid.

Guest Verlaine

We're signing Edmilson for a nominal fee and people are crying into their cornflakes.

Every reason to be concerned at signing a 31-year old crock who's out until next year.

If we sign him, we can drag up this thread in a year's time and see how he's done.