Edmilson agrees move to NUFC. Or not? - SSN

magorific

Could be a very good DM when he returns and we'll need one.

Considering he was injured at the end of the season he still played 28 times for Barcelona last season.

If he is out until September (who knows) then signing him now means he gets time to settle in and get used to the place.

A very very good player and an excellent addition to a squad a bit thin on 'defensive players that can score overhead kicks in world cup finals'.  :D

It's not an excellent post at all. Only thick twats would have doubted these players abilities. However, there is no doubt at all Sam is a MUCH better manager than Roeder.

I think the guy's got a point. If it weren't for all the feel-good factor of a new manager, new owner and the promise of tonnes of cash, people would not be shouting from the rooftops about the signings of Viduka, Barton and Rozehnal. Viduka would be considered a lazy old parasite, Barton would be here to mess up the dressing room, Rozehnal would be some random cheapo signing from the French league to 'paper over the cracks', and Geremi would be 'another Chelsea reject here for the money'. Some people are taking the best out of everything and not taking a step back to look at things objectively. These are the same people who, when things are going badly, label Dyer a talentless waste of space and will be doing the same with Barton or Viduka when we inevitably lose a couple of games on the trot.

Sam is a better manager than Roeder but not all of his signings will be a success, maybe not even the majority, and I think if he's going in for Edmilson despite a serious knee injury at this stage in his career then he's taking a gamble, one I think we don't need to take considering our financial situation. For me Edmilson has all the hallmarks of a Shepherd signing.

Well....just spoke with a hardcore Barca fan mate of mine, and he hates Edmilson with a passion. Says he does f*** all...has horrible control when playing in midfield, and drops the odd clanger.

However, he says that in fairness he was brought in as a CB, and done well playing there. Cant get a game ahead of the darling of Cataluniya Puyol and Marquez. Rijkaard tried to convert him into a DM, but it seems that it hasnt worked out very well.

Oh, and by the way.....for some reason, my mate also doubts that Barca would be willing to let Edmilson go....and he seems to believe that it's actually Motta we're after!! Go fucking figure!!

Guest exilim

It's not an excellent post at all. Only thick twats would have doubted these players abilities. However, there is no doubt at all Sam is a MUCH better manager than Roeder.

I think the guy's got a point. If it weren't for all the feel-good factor of a new manager, new owner and the promise of tonnes of cash, people would not be shouting from the rooftops about the signings of Viduka, Barton and Rozehnal. Viduka would be considered a lazy old parasite, Barton would be here to mess up the dressing room, Rozehnal would be some random cheapo signing from the French league to 'paper over the cracks', and Geremi would be 'another Chelsea reject here for the money'. Some people are taking the best out of everything and not taking a step back to look at things objectively. These are the same people who, when things are going badly, label Dyer a talentless waste of space and will be doing the same with Barton or Viduka when we inevitably lose a couple of games on the trot.

Sam is a better manager than Roeder but not all of his signings will be a success, maybe not even the majority, and I think if he's going in for Edmilson despite a serious knee injury at this stage in his career then he's taking a gamble, one I think we don't need to take considering our financial situation.

Tbh, geremi is still a reject from chelsea to be lol. If roeder were still in charge, he won't even sign Barton because he won't have a slightest of idea on how to manage him. But what makes you think that Sam is able to? Let's wait until the season starts before we could even make a fair judgement.

Guest icemanblue

He's injured. He's a good player. But he's injured and a good player. Injured. Good player, with an injury. Great player. Shit player. Injury. Overhead kick. Bad injury. Class player. Serious injury. Operation. Brazil.

Yawn.  :happy6:

He's injured. He's a good player. But he's injured and a good player. Injured. Good player, with an injury. Great player. Shit player. Injury. Overhead kick. Bad injury. Class player. Serious injury. Operation. Brazil.

Wtf? :lol:

People need a reality check here, in case nobody noticed we had our worst finish points wise since the Premiership started, players like Edmilson are hardly going to be kicking our door down to sign for us, however his injury has opened a window of opportunity for us, the fact that Allardyce has faith in the lad will be a big confidence boost for him, instead of looking at bigger clubs he's likely to want to come to the toon as we're going out of our way to show him how much we really want him here.

How desperate does that paragraph sound? Seriously, read it again.

We don't need Edmilson, there are loads of other capable players around and yet it seems we're jumping through hoops for an ageing player who may take 6 months to recover and may not be that good in England anyway. If we sign him up on big wages in the hope he'll come back fresh in the new year then we're more desperate than I thought.

You make it sound like we've just been promoted and this is our only hope of signing a good player.

We are desperate, desperate to get some strength and depth into our paper thin squad.

With us being linked with the likes of Geremi, Beye, Rosenhal and Edmilson I'd say the £50 million kitty is a load of bollocks, if that's the case then we need to get as many quality players in for as little as possible, it's a risk no doubt about it, but if it comes off we've got a very good player for little money.

Not a dig at you but I find it funny how the people who wanted Allardyce for his dealings in the transfer market are kicking up such a fuss when he does something that is a textbook Allardyce signing, as Nut said he's done this type oof thing before and I've no doubt he'll do it again.

Guest elbee909

Vikki Pollard commenting on football matters now? :D

Guest icemanblue

He's injured. He's a good player. But he's injured and a good player. Injured. Good player, with an injury. Great player. s*** player. Injury. Overhead kick. Bad injury. Class player. Serious injury. Operation. Brazil.

Wtf? :lol:

Haha. My summary of this thread. Seems to be going round in circles somewhat.

Well....just spoke with a hardcore Barca fan mate of mine, and he hates Edmilson with a passion. Says he does f*** all...has horrible control when playing in midfield, and drops the odd clanger.

However, he says that in fairness he was brought in as a CB, and done well playing there. Cant get a game ahead of the darling of Cataluniya Puyol and Marquez. Rijkaard tried to convert him into a DM, but it seems that it hasnt worked out very well.

Oh, and by the way.....for some reason, my mate also doubts that Barca would be willing to let Edmilson go....and he seems to believe that it's actually Motta we're after!! Go f****** figure!!

This mate of yours is obviously a very smart young man. I commend his brilliance which is in line with my brilliance. I think we are after Motta and I have been saying it all along. Maybe Barca have offered us Edmilson as well somewhere along the line and we are looking into this too.

All I know is that it is extremely likely that we are in fact chasing Thiago Motta. Do any search on him and read up on him and he is a Sam Allardyce player through and through. Sounds just like a Campo clone.

Big, strong, physical DM who is a good passer of the ball and who plays with a lot of energy.

My money is on Motta.

I don't see the problem getting him now, even if he doesn't play until January, because if we don't then someone like Milan will.

My gripe is that he was a Brazilian international, playing for Barcelona; he's hardly going to ask for tuppence-a-week. We're going to be paying him absolutely stacks for f*** all, and there's every chance he'll be s**** when he does come back.

Like you say, Sam's probably gone over their to find out the exact details of this injury, before making any enquiry/formal approach. And i would have thought, Sam will definitely say "no thanks" if the extent of the injury is so vast. If we sign him, then he'll only be out for a few weeks.

Yet when I said that about Owen you said I "Should take a look at yourself"

What a stupid comment. :lol:  You said, "I wouldn't be getting my hopes up when you consider Owen's performances since coming back from injury." Which, was an absolutely farcical statement. Plus, i said that Edmilson might be s***, cos he's old and cos he's old and has never played in this league before.

Regarding Edmilson, i'll stand by what i've said.

IF the guy is injured for six months, and we're paying substantial wages for him to sit on an injury table, then it's a pointless signing, given the fact that there are so many options and he may not be up to it when he comes back (given his age and lack of experience in this league).

IF he isn't injured for too long, and his wages aren't through the roof ike your average big-name Barcelona player, then it's a shrewd signing given his experience and versatility.

It's the same thing, there is a doubt over both players long term ability after coming back from serious injury, correct? The fact that Owen is supposed to have been fit yet has struggled to run faster than jogging pace is obviously oblivious to you, yet you think he'll still come back as a World class talent.

You don't like the Edmilson signing, probably because it's not the big name trophy signing the club has made over the past decade, so you point out there's a good chance he won't be as good when he comes back from injury.

Unbelievable.

Honestly didn't know that you were capable of writing such bullshit, Baggio.

First of all, "You don't like the Edmilson signing, probably because it's not the big name trophy signing the club has made over the past decade...". Utter, utter, drivel. There's no one who's argued against trophy signings more than me. Secondly, i was being hypothetical, so i'm presuming you're oblivious to the definition of 'IF'. I said i would be against the signing IF he was injured for six months and was on big wages. Fair statement, i think. I was also hypothetical in a positive respect aswell, but inevitably, you chose to ignore this.

Second of all, "... so you point out there's a good chance he won't be as good when he comes back from injury.". No, i pointed out that he might not be very good when he comes back, because he's old and has never played in this league before. Not because he 'isn't a trophy signing'. Learn how to read.

Third of all, "The fact that Owen is supposed to have been fit yet has struggled to run faster than jogging pace is obviously oblivious to you...". He hadn't played a competetive game for 15 months! And yet you'd written him off immediately, from the few performances that he's put in already, regardless of already scored twice (the goal against Reading only fractionally offside).

Fourth of all, "yet you think he'll still come back as a World class talent...". Jesus wept. :lol: There you go presuming things again, things that i neither think nor said. I actually said in my reply to you in that thread that i didn't think he'd ever be the player he once was; just that it was unfair to write him off like that.

Last of all, i honestly can't believe this is all in reply to someone such as yourself. But honestly, given your post there, you clearly cannot read and like to make assumptions about me - all of which are incorrect. Absolute load of bollocks.

Guest johnson293

We are desperate, desperate to get some strength and depth into our paper thin squad.

With us being linked with the likes of Geremi, Beye, Rosenhal and Edmilson I'd say the £50 million kitty is a load of bollocks, if that's the case then we need to get as many quality players in for as little as possible, it's a risk no doubt about it, but if it comes off we've got a very good player for little money.

Not a dig at you but I find it funny how the people who wanted Allardyce for his dealings in the transfer market are kicking up such a fuss when he does something that is a textbook Allardyce signing, as Nut said he's done this type oof thing before and I've no doubt he'll do it again.

Agree with this to be honest - however, while I dont think the multi million pound kitty is bollocks, I dont think it would change Allardyces thinking either.

As much money as we may have to splash, I dont think theres anything wrong with going out and signing freebies - as stated above, we need strength in depth, and we can't be splashing ridiculous money on back-up players. Even the likes of Viduka and Geremi are great additions to our squad, even more-so as they were/are available without a transfer fee.

We still dont know the details of Edmilson's proposed deal - duration, fee payable, etc. But if his capture, even on a short term deal raises our profile, and makes other potentially better players aware that players like a Brazil International will join us, then it can only be a good thing.

Two months ago, I bet we would be struggling to get lower league british players to join us!!!!

The amount of decent low fee players/freebies out there is limited, and I have no doubt that Sam will spend wisely once he has to.

Sam is a better manager than Roeder but not all of his signings will be a success, maybe not even the majority, and I think if he's going in for Edmilson despite a serious knee injury at this stage in his career then he's taking a gamble, one I think we don't need to take considering our financial situation. For me Edmilson has all the hallmarks of a Shepherd signing.

I agree, im actually really suprised about how optimistic people seem to be. Alot of people never wanted Allardyce in the first place, and would slag him off non stop when he was at Bolton. Last season everyone was overcome with relief that we never signed Viduka, altogh admiitedly he just had a decent season at Boro. I remember the mood being ambivelent when we were linked with Barton in the past, and noones even heard of Rozenhal. I have to agree Edmilson seems a ridiculous signing. As someone whos had plenty of trouble with my own right knee, 3 operations in 3 years suggests he's fucked.

Sam made some cracking signings at Bolton, but he signed plenty of flops as well. The difference with Edmilson seems to be he would'nt be on a years contract or a few grand a week, hed be on big money for a long time, and we could be stuck with him.

Its great to have some optimism around the place again, and I am looking forward to next season, but I cant help thinking everyones going a bit OTT with their faith in Allardyce, to the point where there not looking at this signing objectively.

£50 million this and £50 million that ...

I for one think Allardyce has encouraged the top geezers to invest money in his back room staff and all the equipment and upgrades he wants for our training facilities. This is his priority at the moment.

For the moment he is happy to get good, solid, dependable pros who he knows will do a job and then go forward from there.

More power to him. YEAAAAAAH!!!

Guest zerocipher

I think Sam may be trying to hold on to cash until the January window, when he expects Owen to be leaving, provided he has stayed healthy and played well.

My money is on that you're talking b*llocks again.

It's Edmilson man.

-I am yet to be proved wrong and you are yet to be proved right.

-Yet you speak with such venom, aggression and spite.

-You are no doubt envious of my wisdom and foresight.

-And soon enough I will most likely be proved right.

-At which point you will feel as though you have been shat(?)upon form a great height.

*An original ditty by KaKa

My money is on that you're talking b*llocks again.

It's Edmilson man.

-I am yet to be proved wrong and you are yet to be proved right.

-Yet you speak with such venom, aggression and spite.

-You are no doubt envious of my wisdom and foresight.

-And soon enough I will most likely be proved right.

-At which point you will feel as though you have been shat(?)upon form a great height.

*An original ditty by KaKa

you suck

Guest exilim

Oh, and by the way.....for some reason, my mate also doubts that Barca would be willing to let Edmilson go....and he seems to believe that it's actually Motta we're after!! Go f****** figure!!

This mate of yours is obviously a very smart young man. I commend his brilliance which is in line with my brilliance. I think we are after Motta and I have been saying it all along. Maybe Barca have offered us Edmilson as well somewhere along the line and we are looking into this too.

All I know is that it is extremely likely that we are in fact chasing Thiago Motta. Do any search on him and read up on him and he is a Sam Allardyce player through and through. Sounds just like a Campo clone.

Big, strong, physical DM who is a good passer of the ball and who plays with a lot of energy.

My money is on Motta.

None of our brilliance could commend your brilliance.