Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

What do people think about Roque Santa Cruz? I haven't seen much of him. but he has already scored a couple.

It is ridiculous how Mark Hughes is always able to get decent strikers. Roberts, McCarthy, Rigters (apparently Hughes has been tracking him for a long time before the European U21 tournament, hence him getting Rigters, who is then much sought after, cheaply), Roque Santa Cruz. And their youth product Matt Derbyshire. He also managed to make Bellamy score a handful for him.

What do people think about Roque Santa Cruz? I haven't seen much of him. but he has already scored a couple.

It is ridiculous how Mark Hughes is always able to get decent strikers. Roberts, McCarthy, Rigters (apparently Hughes has been tracking him for a long time before the European U21 tournament, hence him getting Rigters, who is then much sought after, cheaply), Roque Santa Cruz. And their youth product Matt Derbyshire. He also managed to make Bellamy score a handful for him.

He should be able to spot a decent one tbh.

great player everytime i've seen him, good awareness, good headerer of the ball and well-rounded imo. he's a big name signing (cant believe not many of you have heard of him) definitely paraguays best player and one that i wouldnt expect at a mediocre team like blackburn (no disrespect to rover supporters). that said though he might not be able to deal with the physicalities of the premiership.

He got Rigter's cheap because he had a buy out clause, Roberts has been injured most of the time he's been there and hasn't done anything for them. I'm surprised more people haven't heard of Santa Cruz tbh.

It's Santa Cruz's 26th birthday today.  Crazy that, seems he's been around forever.  He was tipped to be world class when he was younger.  Never got that far obviously, but is still a real talent, imo.  Him and McCarthy will do very well.

I thought everyone would know of Santa Cruz simply because he was a Champ Man legend a few years ago.

Guest Geordiesned

The Yak has been left out of the 'Boro squad for the Fulham game, looks like he's off to Everton.

Was just about to post the same. Boro getting linked with another Egyptian as a replacement. They're doomed I tells ya, doomed! :D

David Vaughan is leaving Crewe to Real Sociedad for £300k.

Will Coleman be to Real Sociedad what Souness was to Benfica? :lol:

Bit harsh on Coleman.

Benfica were top 2 in the top league, Coleman has a club in financial trouble, relegated and needing to sell lots of its players to get rid of high wages.

Some are calling it mission impossible. Vaughan is a canny player on his day, and he'd be a good buy for £300k.

Yak is a good striker but do people realise he is about 38 years old?

He's 24. In Nigerian years.

Probably went to school with Martins.

My source says Yak actually went to school with Yekini.

We actually lucked out with Martins, he is apparently legit!

With so many rich fellas fighting to enter the realm of Premiership, the off field football entertainment is now as much as the on field entertainment. Not only these new owners are rich, they are mightily rich who have proven themselves in the trully dog eat dog social rat race. There can only be one winner, and a few runner ups. It makes you wonder out of all who will succeed in the long run, and who won't? For years we were crying out loud for Shepherd to fcuk off. Too sad he is leaving at the wrong time, when English football is being transformed and revolutionised. Had he left a few years earlier we could get a head start but now, all we could pray is that Ashley as an Englishman has more English football knowledge than the others.

The Guardian

Renault chief Briatore set to become QPR owner - report

LONDON, Aug 17 (Reuters) - Flavio Briatore, who runs the Renault Formula One team, is set to become the new owner of English second division club Queens Park Rangers.

"Mr Briatore wants to do for QPR what Mohamed Al Fayed has done for Fulham and turn us into a Premier League club," Rangers chairman Gianni Paladini told the Sun newspaper on Friday.

"It is a dream come true for all the fans and saves this club from liquidation."

Billionaire Briatore, 57, will wipe out QPR's debt of 17 million pounds ($33.78 million) and invest an extra 100 million pounds over three years, the Sun reported.

Rangers were last in the Premier League in 1996.