Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

Brummie,

Who played full backs for you on Saturday then? Any talk of you signing anyone else before you play us?

Bouma and Craig Gardener.

Much talk, little action. Everyone knows he likes to do his business at the very last moment, but it is getting out of hand at the moment.

You'll beat us on Saturday.

I hope you are right ;)

It's my friends 25th birthday and he has a big party that i haved promised to go on. But they show Newcastle on tv at the same time, dont know what to då =/

Mido is a talented player but I can't believe anyone would bid above £4m. Partly because he's worth no more, when you take all the baggage into account, but mainly because he's 5th choice at Spurs and will never play. How can they hold a team to ransom over him?

*cough*Dyer*cough*

Bolton sign Andy O'Brien from Portsmouth.  mackems.gif

Serious? Im tempted to put a £10 on them going down.

I'm just glad Sammy Lee is stamping his mark on the team!  mackems.gif

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2659021,00.html

Bolton manager Sammy Lee has continued his summer spending with the acquisition of Portsmouth defender Andy O'Brien.

The 29-year-old, who signs for an undisclosed fee, has put pen-to-paper on a two-year-deal at The Reebok Stadium, with an option of a further year.

Lee has been busy in the summer transfer market, and O'Brien becomes the 12th player to sign on for the club as the new boss looks to put the finishing touches to his squad.

The former Newcastle man has gone straight into the squad for Bolton's midweek clash with Fulham, as they look to put their opening-day blues behind them.

Lee told the club's official website: "Andy is a great astute acquisition for this football club.

"His versatility across the backline will give us greater strength in depth and options in a critical area."

O'Brien had fallen out of favour with Harry Redknapp's Portsmouth, and has moved on in search of regular first-team football

Bolton sign Andy O'Brien from Portsmouth.  mackems.gif

Serious? Im tempted to put a £10 on them going down.

I'm just glad Sammy Lee is stamping his mark on the team!  mackems.gif

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2659021,00.html

Bolton manager Sammy Lee has continued his summer spending with the acquisition of Portsmouth defender Andy O'Brien.

The 29-year-old, who signs for an undisclosed fee, has put pen-to-paper on a two-year-deal at The Reebok Stadium, with an option of a further year.

Lee has been busy in the summer transfer market, and O'Brien becomes the 12th player to sign on for the club as the new boss looks to put the finishing touches to his squad.

The former Newcastle man has gone straight into the squad for Bolton's midweek clash with Fulham, as they look to put their opening-day blues behind them.

Lee told the club's official website: "Andy is a great astute acquisition for this football club.

"His versatility across the backline will give us greater strength in depth and options in a critical area."

O'Brien had fallen out of favour with Harry Redknapp's Portsmouth, and has moved on in search of regular first-team football

:cheesy:

My god!

I've met O'Brien quite a few times, he's my cousins best mate, so I can't laugh too much!  mackems.gif

Nice lad and all that, but his nose hampers him something chronic, he can only see in 2D, good signing for rumpelstiltskin mind!

Guest Triglett

You can't call one of your own signings 'astute'. That's just wrong.

I'm not really sure why Bolton are buying mediocrity. They're the kind of players I'd get as free signings if I was Colchester United on FM. And to think he'll be playing in Europe this season  :laugh2:

My god!

I've met O'Brien quite a few times, he's my cousins best mate, so I can't laugh too much!  mackems.gif

Nice lad and all that, but his nose hampers him something chronic, he can only see in 2D, good signing for rumpelstiltskin mind!

If that's true than people's constant ridicule of him seem very harsh. But then the public don't know his private medical condition.

Bodes well for Everton. Last year Fernades gave Everton another dimension for one simple reason, he took the pressure off the shoulders of Arteta. Don't get me wrong Arteta is a great player without Fernandes in the side, but he is the main source of his side's attacking play, you stick a man or two on him and you probably holt the attacking side of the team. However if you put Fernandes in that team you've got more than one player creating chances for the forwards. That alone lifts a massive burden off the shoulders of the only other play maker in the Everton team.

Bodes well for Everton. Last year Fernades gave Everton another dimension for one simple reason, he took the pressure off the shoulders of Arteta. Don't get me wrong Arteta is a great player without Fernandes in the side, but he is the main source of his side's attacking play, you stick a man or two on him and you probably holt the attacking side of the team. However if you put Fernandes in that team you've got more than one player creating chances for the forwards. That alone lifts a massive burden off the shoulders of the only other play maker in the Everton team.

I agree mate, it also means an injury to Arteta wouldn't be a disaster that would halt our season.

£6m for Fernandes is brilliant compared to £9m for Reo-Coker who isn't even half as talented.

Delighted with this! :D

Brummie,

Who played full backs for you on Saturday then? Any talk of you signing anyone else before you play us?

Bouma and Craig Gardener.

Much talk, little action. Everyone knows he likes to do his business at the very last moment, but it is getting out of hand at the moment.

You'll beat us on Saturday.

I hope you are right ;)

It's my friends 25th birthday and he has a big party that i haved promised to go on. But they show Newcastle on tv at the same time, dont know what to =/

Feel free to write in swedish:)