Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

My Boro mate is happy that they lost out on Smith because they're getting Mido instead.

I'm hardly over the moon about Smith but I reckon he's off his f****** head.

Nothing wrong with your mate tbh.

We'll see, won't we?

My Boro mate is happy that they lost out on Smith because they're getting Mido instead.

How's it going Kingdawson ... I see Tottenham have been knocked back in an approach for Matt Taylor. Not long before you're in for Kewell I tell you.

Are you excited?

How's it going Kingdawson ... I see Tottenham have been knocked back in an approach for Matt Taylor. Not long before you're in for Kewell I tell you.

Are you excited?

:lol:

We could always buy someone else rather than Yakubu?

For example? (strikers still in the market)

Moyes has learnt the lesson the hardway, and he is rather conservative nowadays. Gone are the days when he gambled big on foreign less known players (and failed unfortunately). If he is willing to pay big you can expect that his signings are going to work (Lescott, Johnson, Jagielka, Baines). If he isn't sure he will try the loan route (Arteta, Fernandes, Pienaar, Howard).

Credits to him for holding out his nerve despite under severe doubts and critisms from Everton supporters.

Shearer backs Reds duo

Wayne Rooney and Carlos Tevez can provide the firepower to help United retain the Barclays Premier League title, according to Newcastle legend Alan Shearer.

While some have voiced concerns that the pair are too similar in style to work together, Shearer counters that their compatibility will make United an even more entertaining side next season.

The former England star told The Sun: “I don’t believe Tevez and Wayne Rooney are too similar — because great players can always play well together.

“Rooney and Tevez do not have a lot of height but that is not the way Manchester United play. How often do you see them aiming high balls up front? Not very.

“Man United will be an even more exciting, entertaining team with Tevez in the side and you wouldn’t bet against them winning the title.”

Shearer is confident that the Argentine can shrug off the media storm that has surrounded his protracted transfer to Old Trafford, having shown himself to be suitably thick-skinned last term.

"Just when Tevez was at the centre of all that controversy at the end of last season, he started scoring goals left, right and centre and kept West Ham up almost single- handedly and against all odds," he said."

“That suggests he will not have been affected by all the uncertainty over his future this summer and that he will be a success at United.

“Tevez is just the sort of exciting talent Sir Alex has always liked to sign. He has really had to go out on a limb to sign Tevez and he wouldn’t have gone through all this if he didn’t rate him very highly."

As well as using his undoubted skills in saving West Ham from relegation last season, Tevez also showed the grit and desire which Shearer feels will endear him to United fans.

“Of course you have to say 100 per cent commitment is the least the fans should expect from any player," he said.

“But there was something about Tevez’s workrate and enthusiasm that made him very popular with West Ham fans - even when he wasn’t scoring goals and the team looked to be going down.”

Shearer backs Reds duo

Wayne Rooney and Carlos Tevez can provide the firepower to help United retain the Barclays Premier League title, according to Newcastle legend Alan Shearer.

While some have voiced concerns that the pair are too similar in style to work together, Shearer counters that their compatibility will make United

Is where I stopped reading, cause there's only one United ya knar'.  Sorry Big Al. 

Are you excited?

I swear I saw Kewell at Stevenage station the other day (near london for those who don't know). Midds will back me up on this as I text him at the time :D

In regards to Smith vs Mido, I would rather have Smith. Mido wouldn't be first choice here and would just chuck the toys out of the pram. Smith will get his head down and give 100% in whatever position he was asked to play in.

Now, now lads. Where's all this come from? :laugh:

Apologies. It is the stress of a MON transfer window that is doing it.

2 days till start, still no right back, just the one LB etc etc

:(

...and no nearer signing Jussi!

Good for them, he's utter fuking wank tbf.

mackems.gif

LuaLua's gone to Olympiakos.

Suprised West Ham weren't in for him, they'll sack Curbs and appoint Sir Bobby soon.  blueyes.gif

Guest makemeacupoftea

I can still see Barca winning it by an absolute load

I can also see valencia finishing above real as well

Mido is a talented player but I can't believe anyone would bid above £4m. Partly because he's worth no more, when you take all the baggage into account, but mainly because he's 5th choice at Spurs and will never play. How can they hold a team to ransom over him?

Brummie,

Who played full backs for you on Saturday then? Any talk of you signing anyone else before you play us?

Bouma and Craig Gardener.

Much talk, little action. Everyone knows he likes to do his business at the very last moment, but it is getting out of hand at the moment.

You'll beat us on Saturday.