Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

Good player Young, I like him a lot.

If he doesn't play for England in the next 12 months, then my name's Marlon Harewood.

He's a very good player imo, could maybe fill that left wing role for England?

I fear the golden child Downing may present a frankly ridiculous obstacle.

Or Aaron "I can run real fast me" Lennon  :rolleyes:

knight- ok sometimes but usually a clumsy pleb

What about as a fourth choice CB?

How does this look as a CB line up - Laursen, Mellberg, Cahill, Knight? Or Laursen, Mellberg, Cahill, Davis, Knight?

Looked at in that light, it makes sense. If he were signed as a starting CB it would be entirely different.

What's going on with Nugent!!!!

Redknapp suggesting he's as good as gone from Portsmouth on Sky

What did he say?

He said he'd let him go if someone put's an offer in, and derby have put an offer in

also looking for another striker

Guest optimistic nit

Worse than Benjani? Surely not.

Something must have happened  behind the scenes.

aye i agree. He is overated though.

What's going on with Nugent!!!!

Redknapp suggesting he's as good as gone from Portsmouth on Sky

What did he say?

He said he'd let him go if someone put's an offer in, and derby have put an offer in

also looking for another striker

Scored tonight n all.

I suspect its because he is not African or has experience of the French league as thats how Harry usually goes about his business (e.g's: Benjani,lua lua,kanu,mveumba,traore,utaka,pamarot,lauren etc.)

Tomorrow's Sun reckons Chelsea and Spurs are in talks to swap Defoe and SWP and that it's held up because Spurs want SWP + cash, which given the way he's started the season sounds like a rip to me.

Guest Matt10

I'd be f****** pissed off if we were doing that to a player.

Hmmmm ...... *thinks back not a long time*

;)

???

Milner, last summer?

Had me confused for a while, I must say.

;)

???

Milner, last summer?

I thought brummie must mean that too. I was thinking more along the lines of buying them and selling them off again before they'd even had a chance to prove themselves. Redknapp clearly doesn't think much of his own judgement and that would be a worry for a start.

Guest Matt10

;)

???

Milner, last summer?

I thought brummie must mean that too. I was thinking more along the lines of buying them and selling them off again before they'd even had a chance to prove themselves. Redknapp clearly doesn't think much of his own judgement and that would be a worry for a start.

Yeah that's why it had me stumped because I don't recall us doing that with anyone.

Really surprised at Redknapp wanting to sell him. Can't exactly do Nugents confidence a whole lot of good either, being discarded after just 4 games. Might put other signings off if they see how he's been treated as well. If it was me, I know I wouldn't want to work under a manager who has such a lack of faith in his players he is willing to sell a new signing after just a handful of games, especially one that's come from a lower division.

On the whole Nugent thing, a friend of mine who lives in Burnley says there's talk in that part of the world of a conspiracy -  Preston wouldn't sell him directly to Derby because of Billy Davies and the whole saga with him leaving Preston for Derby last year. So when Sunderland pulled out of the race to get him, Portsmouth agreed with Derby to buy Nugent then sell him on for the price they bought him for. Interesting stuff. Seems a bit far fetched to me though.

The lad who told me it thinks Steve Caldwell is a "top class" Premiership centre back!  :lol: So he's famed for talking nonsense!

;)

???

Milner, last summer?

Yep, that's what I mean, although, you're right, totally different set of circumstances and thus totally incomparable, I was referring to a general sense of messing the player around (although I wonder if it is the other way around with Nugent).

Only other example i can think of is us signing David Unsworth, then less than a month and no appearances later, selling him to Everton.

What has gone on with Nugent? That's a bizarre state of affairs.

Crouch is on the move apparently Villa and Man City lead the pack.

Crouch spoke at Lee Hendrie's leaving dinner a couple of months ago, and said that if he left Liverpool, he'd come back here like a shot.

We'd never pony up the kind of cash they want for him, though. Don't they want 20m or something for him?

Different regime or not, selling a player for 2m then buying him back a few years later for 10 times as much would be quite something.

Crouch is on the move apparently Villa and Man City lead the pack.

Crouch spoke at Lee Hendrie's leaving dinner a couple of months ago, and said that if he left Liverpool, he'd come back here like a shot.

We'd never pony up the kind of cash they want for him, though. Don't they want 20m or something for him?

Different regime or not, selling a player for 2m then buying him back a few years later for 10 times as much would be quite something.

I reckon £8-10m would be enough. They might be looking for him to partially fund the Baptista deal. :giggle: