Been offered Deco and enquired about Eto'o...according to The Journal.

Guest DavB93

Didnt .com jump all over the Figo rumours aswell?

They reported the rumour, but did they ever claim it was happening based on there own sources?

It probably won't happen, but I'd be suprised if the deal wasn't being discussed between NUFC/Barca and Deco at the moment.

Guest Dr. Pongle

I think Deco will end up at Newcastle by the end of the week

I think the Deco rumours are crap

(Delete as applicable)

I'm going with the first one. This one is going to come off.

(Delete as applicable)

Then I will gladly be eating some nice, home made humble pie :D

Guest Johan

I will go with the I believe he is going to be signed. Mostly because I really want him to more then anything though:)

They reported the rumour, but did they ever claim it was happening based on there own sources?

It probably won't happen, but I'd be suprised if the deal wasn't being discussed between NUFC/Barca and Deco at the moment.

Is all I could find searching..

Here we go

with Figo?

Real Madrid midfielder Luis Figo could be a surprise arrival as negotiations with the Portuguese star suggest some cause for optimism.

The man who cost Real £37m when he was signed from Barcelona five years ago may come to Tyneside on a similar contract to the one that saw former Barca colleague Patrick Kluivert arrive last summer.

Figo is apparently keen on the deal and a year contract with two exercisable one year options may suit both parties.

Amid the stuff and nonsense overflowing this weekend, apparently this story has some substance.

http://www.soccer24-7.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79532

Guest Dr. Pongle

(Delete as applicable)

Then I will gladly be eating some nice, home made humble pie :D

Agreed a four year deal and due in tomorrow or Wednesday apparently.

Let's face it, why would Shepherd and Allardyce fly over to Barcelona if we were just trying to sign Edmilson or Gudjohnsen? Neither are big enough for that IMO. There was talk of Giuly coming from his agent, but I'm not quite sure I believe that, seeing as we haven't targetted any other wingers and have loads already.

I believe we probably are in for Deco, whether we'll get him or not is another matter.

Also, just because nufc.com weren't perfectly right about Figo, they never said he would sign, just that the story had substance. Truth is we probably were in for Figo, but once Inter declared their interest we had no chance. It doesn't mean .com haven't got it right loads of other times, like when the Emre deal looked in doubt and they reassured everyone it'd definitely go through, which it did. They're more cautious nowadays, as they know their power to start false rumours and know they could end up with egg on their faces. They've already laughed at Oliver over Edmilson and had to back-track, I don't think they want to discredit themselves again. They've obviously heard something.

Common sense tells me Deco is staying put, but I believe that the club are trying and with the money at their disposal, we might pull something off.

Guest ryunufc

why is deco a surplus requirement when he played nearly as many games as ronaldinho?

They want Lampard apparently

so it depends on lampard going to barca, but chelsea recently denied they are not selling him. why would barca offer us deco because they want to replace him with a player who is not for sale? i think for this time im going with the deco rumours are crap

Guest Dr. Pongle

Let's face it, why would Shepherd and Allardyce fly over to Barcelona if we were just trying to sign Edmilson or Gudjohnsen? Neither are big enough for that IMO. There was talk of Giuly coming from his agent, but I'm not quite sure I believe that, seeing as we haven't targetted any other wingers and have loads already.

I believe we probably are in for Deco, whether we'll get him or not is another matter.

Also, just because nufc.com weren't perfectly right about Figo, they never said he would sign, just that the story had substance. Truth is we probably were in for Figo, but once Inter declared their interest we had no chance. It doesn't mean .com haven't got it right loads of other times, like when the Emre deal looked in doubt and they reassured everyone it'd definitely go through, which it did. They're more cautious nowadays, as they know their power to start false rumours and know they could end up with egg on their faces. They've already laughed at Oliver over Edmilson and had to back-track, I don't think they want to discredit themselves again. They've obviously heard something.

Allardyce and Shepherd spent to long in Barcelona discussing a move for an injured centre half imo. Which makes me wonder if it was another player, and as it turns out.. it was Deco.

Guest ryunufc

Here we go

with Figo?

Real Madrid midfielder Luis Figo could be a surprise arrival as negotiations with the Portuguese star suggest some cause for optimism.

The man who cost Real £37m when he was signed from Barcelona five years ago may come to Tyneside on a similar contract to the one that saw former Barca colleague Patrick Kluivert arrive last summer.

Figo is apparently keen on the deal and a year contract with two exercisable one year options may suit both parties.

Amid the stuff and nonsense overflowing this weekend, apparently this story has some substance.

next week will be 'Guardiola to Newcastle' (again)

Here we go

with Figo?

So it was definitely not the same kind of story as with Deco then.  Which is encouraging..

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/tm_method=full%26objectid=11943176%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Newcastle United have made an audacious bid to bring Brazilian's World Cup superstar Rivaldo to St James's Park.

In a move that will stun the rest of their rivals in the Premiership - not to mention the Champions' League - United have put together a package in a bid to lure the 30-year-old legend to St James's Park.

Indeed Newcastle United's unofficial website NUFC.com are claiming today that the club have already agreed terms with Rivaldo's agent and that the deal will go ahead if Barcelona give the green light.

A week or so ago I would have been shocked to see Deco at the Toon and would have thought the idea as being daft.

NOW this seems very plausible and I wouldn't be that surprised. I am quietly confident that we will see Deco in our colours next season.

I think he wil make a difference to the way we play and hopefully dispel the ideas that Allardyce is going to have Given and Taylor  lump the ball to Viduka any chance they get.

I'd like to actually see NUFC.com's words, rather then ICNewcastle..  Also how do we know Rivaldo didn't agree in principle to the move before Milan came in and highjacked the move?

Here we go

with Figo?

So it was definitely not the same kind of story as with Deco then.  Which is encouraging..

Yeah they are more commital on this story at least. Certainly makes the work days pass faster.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/tm_method=full%26objectid=11943176%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Newcastle United have made an audacious bid to bring Brazilian's World Cup superstar Rivaldo to St James's Park.

In a move that will stun the rest of their rivals in the Premiership - not to mention the Champions' League - United have put together a package in a bid to lure the 30-year-old legend to St James's Park.

Indeed Newcastle United's unofficial website NUFC.com are claiming today that the club have already agreed terms with Rivaldo's agent and that the deal will go ahead if Barcelona give the green light.

Is that from the same time he actually left Barcelona?

Is that from the same time he actually left Barcelona?

Not sure if he joined Milan that same summer or the year later.

Didn't someone say that they've cut down over the last few years and only put it up if there's some serious truth.