Been offered Deco and enquired about Eto'o...according to The Journal.

Guest DavB93

Guest LFEE

"Build a team around him" rather than "accomodate him".... surely the same thing  ???

No, not at all.

Building a team around someone means you have the team play to their strengths, and generally try and design a team system that allows the player to shine.

Accomodating a player would be finding a spot in the line-up for a player, despite the fact that it may not be for the best of the team as whole.

So no, not the same thing at all.

I think if you need to build a whole team round someone it is accomodating him and that is the problem...you don't do that with a 30yr old un tried (in EPL) player costing £20m (£10m approx transfer+£10m wages approx).

For that sort of money you want someone  who can fit straight into a team not needing to sign others to make him shine...that is my definition of having to accomodate someone.

P.S. I can't start threads yet but just to let you know BBC are reporting Liverpool have bid £10m for Babel

"Build a team around him" rather than "accomodate him".... surely the same thing  ???

No, not at all.

Building a team around someone means you have the team play to their strengths, and generally try and design a team system that allows the player to shine.

Accomodating a player would be finding a spot in the line-up for a player, despite the fact that it may not be for the best of the team as whole.

So no, not the same thing at all.

I think if you need to build a whole team round someone it is accomodating him and that is the problem...you don't do that with a 30yr old un tried (in EPL) player costing £20m (£10m approx transfer+£10m wages approx).

For that sort of money you want someone  who can fit straight into a team not needing to sign others to make him shine...that is my definition of having to accomodate someone.

P.S. I can't start threads yet but just to let you know BBC are reporting Liverpool have bid £10m for Babel

Guess our definitions of building a team around someone is different then.

Think we'll ultimately see something along the lines of

------------Barton ---- Butt/DM

------------------- Deco

Owen --------------------------------- Milner

------------------ Viduka

Obviously Owen won't play as a winger, but you can't leave him out really. Why I wouldn't have minded him leaving tbh, as two really pacey fellas either side of Viduka would have been mouth-watering IMO.

Guest Dr. Pongle

My ITK has told me Deco has not been offered to Newcastle, and nor are Newcastle interested.

Reliable?

Aye, we're in for Xavi who can play in the same position and more reliable.

My ITK has told me Deco has not been offered to Newcastle, and nor are Newcastle interested.

Reliable?

I would say so, look at all the ITK stuff AH has come up with in the past! :D

Guest LFEE

Guess our definitions of building a team around someone is different then.

Think we'll ultimately see something along the lines of

------------Barton ---- Butt/DM

------------------- Deco

Owen --------------------------------- Milner

------------------ Viduka

Obviously Owen won't play as a winger, but you can't leave him out really. Why I wouldn't have minded him leaving tbh, as two really pacey fellas either side of Viduka would have been mouth-watering IMO.

No bother, i think we both know what each other means anyway just different ways of putting it i suppose.

I think that is the system Man Utd are thinking of playing also....since the purchase of Hargreaves.

The spanish expert on Talksport has just been on saying that Barcelona need to trim their squad severely as there is a few more incoming siginings and their squad is already to big. Mentioned us and Edmilson again  :( but it would seem to suggest Barcelona could be ready to do business for the likes of Deco etc.

Reliable?

I would say so, look at all the ITK stuff AH has come up with in the past! :D

Is this a woosh? :)

I'd definitely trust NUFC.com's sources ahead of anyone on this forum.

Guest Dr. Pongle

I expect the this rumour to be denied in the next few days. My source is pretty reliable.

I'll match your "rumour to be denied" and raise you "Deco spotted at Newcastle Airport"

Based on what Andy?  How many times have you gotten something like this right?  I can't remember so I'm geniunly asking.  Are you seriously saying your sources are more reliable then the likes of NUFC.com?

Personally I am still very skeptical about this happening, despite NUFC.com usually being very reliable.  But not based on some so called ITK.....

Guest Dr. Pongle

Nothing against Andy's sources as i don't know how good they are, but it'll be funny because even now the chances of Deco signings aren't great so when he doesn't it'll be a "i told you so":lol:

Aye, it'll be canny funny in my John Humblest.