Been offered Deco and enquired about Eto'o...according to The Journal.

Guest DavB93

Anyone with any objections to Deco being here needs a slap in he face if we're being honest.

NE5 and HTL don't want him, I think they're struggling to get over Shepherd tbh. :(

Where is the the Five?

Guest LFEE

Deco is a fantastic footballer, regardless of his ungainly flaws.

Sorry to rain on the parade but...

I think your definition of fantastic is different to mine. I'd say he was a good footballer. Way overated IMO. Especially in this thread.

Underrated imo, Deco has been the player that has made Barcelona "tick" as it were over the last few years, obviously the players scoring the goals (Ronaldinho,Messi,Eto'o) take most of the credit.

He's easily portugal's best AM at his peak, not that underrated is he?

Probably a slow developer like carrick, maybe souness was right at that point of time.

I would say Ronaldo is Portugal's best AM and he has yet to reach his peak.

I just feel with Deco you would have the same problem we have with Dyer and Emre and that is finding a postion for them in the team that works for everybody....Unless he is competing with Dyer for the right back spot this season  :laugh2:

I think your definition of fantastic is different to mine. I'd say he was a good footballer. Way overated IMO. Especially in this thread.

Underrated imo, Deco has been the player that has made Barcelona "tick" as it were over the last few years, obviously the players scoring the goals (Ronaldinho,Messi,Eto'o) take most of the credit.

Probably a slow developer like carrick, maybe souness was right at that point of time.

I just feel with Deco you would have the same problem we have with Dyer and Emre and that is finding a postion for them in the team that works for everybody....Unless he is competing with Dyer for the right back spot this season  :laugh2:

Difference being Deco is a class above those two and you can build a team around him, rather than simply try to accomodate him.

Guest Dr. Pongle

Aye, probably why they're trying to sell him.

Over the last few years... as in the past ;)

Well he hasn't made them tick in the future.

And your point is? i was talking about the past, like i said.

My point is why are Barcelona trying to sell him if he'd made them tick in the past few years?

Because he's going on 30? they've just signed Henry to increase their attacking options? they've already got Xavi who can play that role?

So? Henry is going to be 30 just like every other player in their team under 30.

Plus Xavi is a holding midfielder.

Guest exilim

?

lol  :blush: Accidentally backspaced the sentences in between.

Well don't think he's under rated tho, one of barca/portugal's best player for the past years. He was the UEFA most valuable player and had the most assists when Porto won the CL. So no doubt that he will bring a little more creativity/vision in our midfield, providing us with the (Midfield to Striker) connection. And of course giving us the upper hand with his dives when we need the vital winning goal.

My 2nd sentence was talking about Graeme Souness not believing that he would develop into a player worth keeping, he's probably a slow developer like carrick.

My point is why are Barcelona trying to sell him if he'd made them tick in the past few years?

Because he's going on 30? they've just signed Henry to increase their attacking options? they've already got Xavi who can play that role?

So? Henry is going to be 30 just like every other player in their team under 30.

No he isn't, do you even watch La Liga?

?

lol  :blush: Accidentally backspaced the sentences in between.

Well don't think he's under rated tho, one of barca/portugal's best player for the past years. He was the UEFA most valuable player and had the most assists when Porto won the CL. So no doubt that he will bring a little more creativity/vision in our midfield, providing us with the (Midfield to Striker) connection. And of course giving us the upper hand with his dives when we need the vital winning goal.

My 2nd sentence was talking about Graeme Souness not believing that he would develop into a player worth keeping, he's probably a slow developer like carrick.

Mate,Souness thought Boumsong was worth 8m, he's no one to talk about player ability.

Maybe they're gonna sign Lampard?

I asked that, nobody answered.

Thought we were getting Lampard?  :lol:

Be surprised if Barca want Lampard at all tbh, he'd really struggle in their general build up play in my opinion. They'll also need 2 CM's that will play with discipline and protect the back 4 well, allowing the attacking 4 a free reign. Think Iniesta/Xavi and Toure will end up being their CM, and I think that'll work.

If they want another signing I'd go for a full-back.

Guest Dr. Pongle

Xavi does not play the same position as Deco.

Xavi does not play the same position as Deco.

Did i say that? i said he could play that role, Deco doesn't play right up the field as an attacking midfielder.

Guest exilim

My point is why did Arsenal sell Henry if he'd made them tick in the past trizillion years?

Answer mine and i will answer yours.

"Eto'o is crap, 15 mill? Youre having a laugh. The most overrated player ive seen. A poor man's Lua Lua. Wed be daft to replace Shearer with him, absolutely daft. You must be a Mackem."

How opinions have changed.

And yes, im still bitter.

My point is why did Arsenal sell Henry if he'd made them tick in the past trizillion years?

:lol::lol: mate you've just quoted something you weren't even involved in, who are you talking to? :lol:

Guest exilim

:lol::lol: mate you've just quoted something you weren't even involved in, who are you talking to? :lol:

Dr. Pongle surely, because he's not making any sense :lol:

Guest Dr. Pongle

Who are yee like?

Oh, and he wanted to leave.

Guest LFEE

I just feel with Deco you would have the same problem we have with Dyer and Emre and that is finding a postion for them in the team that works for everybody....Unless he is competing with Dyer for the right back spot this season  :laugh2:

Difference being Deco is a class above those two and you can build a team around him, rather than simply try to accomodate him.

"Build a team around him" rather than "accomodate him".... surely the same thing  ???

The stage we are at we can't afford to be looking for 9 (ok i'm pushing the point a bit far there) other players to fit round a 30yr old player who's style of play will probably not suite the EPL.

If that is what you want you may as well try and persuade Riquleme to come for half the price and twice the player.

I'd pass on him IMO.

Guest exilim

Who are yee like?

Oh, and he wanted to leave.

So you are telling me that Henry's departure was just because he wanted to leave, and nothing else? He have 3 years left in his freaking contract man.

Firstly, they could have kept him if they wanted to. By selling him now, they could still make 16million.

Secondly, he's probably going downhill according to their sports-scientific research on him.

Based on what you said, if Fabregas wanted to leave then it will be like this.

Fabregas: Hey i want to leave

Arsenal: Alright yo! Which club do you want to go to?

Fabregas: Definitely Newcastle

"Build a team around him" rather than "accomodate him".... surely the same thing  ???

No, not at all.

Building a team around someone means you have the team play to their strengths, and generally try and design a team system that allows the player to shine.

Accomodating a player would be finding a spot in the line-up for a player, despite the fact that it may not be for the best of the team as whole.

So no, not the same thing at all.

Guest Dr. Pongle

So you are telling me that Henry's departure was just because he wanted to leave, and nothing else? He have 3 years left in his freaking contract man.

Firstly, they could have kept him if they wanted to. By selling him now, they could still make 16million.

Secondly, he's probably going downhill according to their sports-scientific research on him.

Based on what you said, if Fabregas wanted to leave then it will be like this.

Fabregas: Hey i want to leave

Arsenal: Alright yo! Which club do you want to go to?

Fabregas: Definitely Newcastle

Ok Mr. Irrelevant.