Owen Speaks ... and he wants to stay

KaKa

Guest Ridzuan

If Owen wants to convince everyone that he does want to stay then there is one thing he can do that will show that 100%, and thats sign a new contract, same wages the lot but without the get out clause!!!

Actions speak louder than words, contracts speak louder than anything!!

If we win something for the upcoming season,Im sure he will consider doing that.

Guest Invicta_Toon

chairman says to Owen put up or shut up - no comment from little mickey

chairman slags Owen's agent off in public - no comment from little mickey

Allardyce claims he can't stop Owen leaving - no comment from little mickey

Owen gans for a swim in Austria - Owen turns into f****** Shakespeare

my f****** arse

I will just amend your post slightly, in the interests of accuracy:

I am actually speaking out of my f****** arse

I'm amazed you can go a whole post without a CAPITAL LETTER ASHLEY WANKFEST

Sorry about the occasional CAPITALS , I am just getting carried away a bit by this so-much-better close season!  But, can I just ask you  -  are you optimistic (feeling positive) about anything that is currently happening at the club at the moment?

excited when the takeover was announced

subsequently: Barton, Fatduka, a hundred worn out bosmans, bike rides and swimming

now progressively getting more bored waiting for something good to actually happen, while being subjected to your increasingly annoying brand of frankly prescription induced looking hysteria

Guest Verlaine

my f****** arse

Sorry about the occasional CAPITALS , I am just getting carried away a bit by this so-much-better close season!  But, can I just ask you  -  are you optimistic (feeling positive) about anything that is currently happening at the club at the moment?

subsequently: Barton, Fatduka, a hundred worn out bosmans, bike rides and swimming

now progressively getting more bored waiting for something good to actually happen, while being subjected to your increasingly annoying brand of frankly prescription induced looking hysteria

yawn.

7 pages can't be arsed to read em all so the following has probably been said:

Well done Owen for finally coming out and stating your intentions, however you've left it so long to me it looks like you've only stated them when all your options have ran out.

Sign a contract if you are so committed, then i will believe you.

my f****** arse

yawn.

Vic man, it is not hysteria. It is 'realism' based on my knowlege of our club, and what needed to be done to take it that extra mile, that most of us had hitherto only dreamed about!

It is happening, everything points to that.

But, it does not all happen instantly.

It is happening though, and I intend to enjoy it happening, just as much as I will enjoy it when it has happened. You know what they say about 'anticipation and realisation'  -  so you just enjoy it too . .  go on!

I can assure you - it is real (I would have put that last bit in CAPS, but . . . ).

Guest Bramble OG

Theres still the best part of 2 months of the transfer window left, theres still plenty of time for other clubs to want him, its not like he's come out at 11.55pm on dealine day with this....in some peoples eyes he can do nothing right.

For whatever combination of reasons -- waiting to see what would happen at NUFC, waiting to see if a CL club would come in for him, waiting to see how it looks with SA -- he's arrived at the point where committing himself to the Toon for the time being is clearly his best option. This is the acknowledgment of that fact.

I don't mind him taking a while to make up his mind. This summer could have been very different. If you were Owen, and Fat Fred was still in charge, and he was scrambling around for money for Roeder to spend, and, say, Arsenal wanted you, where would you be playing next season?

Another excellent point. He hadn't really met Allardyce until the start of the Austrian training camp, so what good would pledging his future to us have been had he not been convinced Allardyce would change things for the better here? He's had the benefit of 10 days, obviously sees things are looking up, so has said he's happy.

Guest Invicta_Toon

the idea that a player can sign a 4 year contract and then every pre-season be allowed to have look round and weigh up his options before 'committing' himself to the club, is ridiculous

it's not up to the player to decide he wants to stay, it's up to the club to tell him he's needed. god you all crucified bellamy and dyer for their bigger than the club attitudes, total hypocrites tbh

it's not up to the player to decide he wants to stay, it's up to the club to tell him he's needed. god you all crucified bellamy and dyer for their bigger than the club attitudes, total hypocrites tbh

Well you're a total hypocrite but every time you change your view you change your nick to avoid being labelled a hypocrite. Which makes you not just a hypocrite but a sneaky hypocrite at that . :color:

the idea that a player can sign a 4 year contract and then every pre-season be allowed to have look round and weigh up his options before 'committing' himself to the club, is ridiculous

A post that might stand some faint chance of making sense if the release clause was not in his contract.

You can hardly compare Michael Owens situation of weighing up his options to Dyers lacklustre effort each game with no more than quick runs in some new makeshift position he's found, or to Bellamy who is just a disaster waiting to happen.. a golf club to Riise FFS.

End of the day, at least if Michael stays with us until January you know he'll make an effort until then.. even if it's only for his own benefit it'll still see us up the top half of the table.

No its not, thats what happens when you put a release clause in a contract. Dyer and Bellamy didnt have release clauses, why are they relevant?

Guest Bramble OG

it's not up to the player to decide he wants to stay, it's up to the club to tell him he's needed.

As far as iam aware Owen has never asked to leave or said anything to indicate he wants to,  People are complaining that its took him so long to say anything, i think its the fans who want to hear him committing himself every pre-season, otherwise he wouldnt need to say a thing.

Guest Invicta_Toon

No its not, thats what happens when you put a release clause in a contract. Dyer and Bellamy didnt have release clauses, why are they relevant?

so he's fucked the club royally then, which makes it even worse that he's given leeway by fans to organise his life according to his own self interest

and I'm pretty sure Bellamy had a champions league clause

He knows he won't get a better club than us this summer. This is good news in the short term, but unless we're around the CL places we'll have all this again in January and in May.

If we want to keep him it's up to us, but I'm not convinced the quality of our signings so far will be enough to keep someone of his quality. I don't think we've shown much ambition in the transfer market so far, no doubt someone will trot out the tired 'trophy signings/patience' line. Hopefully we'll make some telling moves in the coming weeks.

Of course, while we have to prove something to Owen, he also has to prove something to us after 18 months on the sidelines.

Guest Invicta_Toon

it's not up to the player to decide he wants to stay, it's up to the club to tell him he's needed.

As far as iam aware Owen has never asked to leave or said anything to indicate he wants to,  People are complaining that its took him so long to say anything, i think its the fans who want to hear him committing himself every pre-season, otherwise he wouldnt need to say a thing.

the post is directed at those who excuse him for not saying anything until he has sussed everything out and make out this is reasonable behaviour, on the grounds he's already fucked the club over by having a release clause (that no-one connected to him leaked? I bet)

he's free to say nothing, but he hasn't has he?

so he's fucked the club royally then, which makes it even worse that he's given leeway by fans to organise his life according to his own self interest

and I'm pretty sure Bellamy had a champions league clause

He did at Blackburn, not here.

As for the rest, whine to the people who negotiated the release clause. And "leeway by fans" relates to no reality except your own latest sad wind-up attempt.

Guest Bramble OG

the post is directed at those who excuse him for not saying anything until he has sussed everything out and make out this is reasonable behaviour, on the grounds he's already fucked the club over by having a release clause (that no-one connected to him leaked? I bet)

he's free to say nothing, but he hasn't has he?

how has he fucked us over - the clause may be there but its not being used.