Owen Speaks ... and he wants to stay

KaKa

In fact now i've read that it's f****** brilliant to hear the innovations Allaradyce is bringing to our club, and the fact that a world renowned player like Owen is impressed makes it even better.

:celb:

Especially when you consider the fact that he has played under some pretty decent managers and at a club like Real madrid.

Now if we could just get some decent defenders in ... things would be so totally excellent.

Don't like him, don't trust him. I don't believe he wants to be here, but perhaps no one else is willing to gamble on his fitness and high salary like we did. Rightly or wrongly, I feel a great deal of apathy towards Owen.

I'm sure 20 goals next season will numb that pain.

Like that hes I said before Owen said he didnt want to have to keep on responding to the media to say hes staying,he prefers to keep to himself and stay a way from the media!

Dont get the negative responses!If he wanted he could easily go to another club and get same or even more money if he wanted!Im delighted hes staying,Owen playing for us helps us attract more world class players and obviously help us win games by him being in our side!

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Didn't need Owen to tell me Allardyce would bring innovations to the club, that much is fucking obvious. Owen's judgement is shit imo, he made a bad move to Real, a bad move to us (Souness swayed him, great judge), and he would have been daft to leave now after the change around in our club of late. Make no mistake, all Owen is interested in is £££, and as a result, he will not leave the legacy as a footballer he could have. At club level, he has had too many wasted years now, we are his last chance to truly stamp his name as a great player.

No doubt we'll get tomorrow:

"While he was hard a training, Michael, or "Micky" as he likes me to call him, took a well earned break and rang the Chronicle, giving me these exclusive words of wisdom...."

Guest Knightrider

Could have saved on all those words by saying: "no-one in the top 4 wanted me, so I'm staying"

We'll get it again in 12 months time if we aren't going where he thinks he should be playing.

Shame, 9m is good money for a player with his injury record, age and limitations.

I'm pleased it's worked out that he's staying. Having him around injects both a bit of gravity and a bit of international star quality into the squad. And goals. I'm confident he'll put everything into his comeback. What else can he do?

So that leaves Martins then. Come on, tell us you don't want to leave and that the Arsenal talk is b*llocks.

He said he's meeting with the manager for talks today i think. Good read Owen's article, Allardyce seems to have made a big impression already.

Maybe you will not believe me if I say I’ve really been enjoying pre-season training, but I’ve got my reasons. For one thing, it is just great to feel like I am going into a campaign fit and well – touch wood – after the injury problems of the past couple of years.

Secondly, it has been an eye-opener to see the innovations from Sam Allardyce. We’ve been on a training camp in Austria and from bike rides at 7.30am to Pilates in the afternoon, we’ve been shown a different approach to the traditional slog of preseason.

That is just one small but significant part of the multitude of changes happening at Newcastle that give me even more hope that this season can be uplifting for me and the fans after frustrating times. We’ve got a new manager, new staff, new players and a takeover in the boardroom. Any one of those elements would cause excitement at a club and we’ve had a transformation from top to bottom. Crucially, everyone who has arrived appears to have big ambitions.

Does anyone really need to read any more?

Where is that trotter78 guy who was warning us about Sam's awful failings?

Could have saved on all those words by saying: "no-one in the top 4 wanted me, so I'm staying"

We'll get it again in 12 months time if we aren't going where he thinks he should be playing.

Shame, 9m is good money for a player with his injury record, age and limitations.

There is certainly some truth in this and I think it will work in our favour. I think he's angry and very motivated right now.

Manu are prepared to pay upwards of £20 million (eventually) for Tevez and pay him a reported £100,000 a week rather than pay £9 million for him.

Arsenal payed £9 million on a player from Croatia rather than him. Let me just say I think Da Silva will be awesome by the way so no lslight against him, but still!

Liverpool have also payed £27 million for Torres who will also get close to £100,000 a wekk rather than spend £9 million on him.

I think he now understands that the footballing world moves along vwey quickly and people forget about you when you've been out of sight. All the top clubs have passed him over and paid thrice as much on other players and I'm hoping that make shim hungrier and more committed to our cause.

Great news! Good to get that safely out in the open, a class player and always someone who adds to a strikeforce.

Also great to hear about Big Sams innovative approaches, he is a very impressive manager.

Like that hes I said before Owen said he didnt want to have to keep on responding to the media to say hes staying,he prefers to keep to himself and stay a way from the media!

Keep on responding?...  He didn't respond at all until now.  Why didn't he say he wants to stay weeks ago?  Because now that a move hasn't materialised he's decided its safe to ingratiate himself to the fans.  What he really should be doing is asking for a new contract, without the release clause.

Dont get the negative responses!If he wanted he could easily go to another club and get same or even more money if he wanted!

No he couldn't, proven by the fact that nobody has put in an official £9 million bid..

Guest Invicta_Toon

like fuck he said that let alone wrote it

anyone who has heard the few Owen interviews he's given before, knows that came straight from the desk of Fat Sam Allardyce, via Mike Ashley's vice-president for PR

what shit

like f*** he said that let alone wrote it

anyone who has heard the few Owen interviews he's given before, knows that came straight from the desk of Fat Sam Allardyce, via Mike Ashley's vice-president for PR

what s***

The MO coloum in the Times has nowt to with FSA or MAVP

Guest Knightrider

With AS9 on this. Utterly, utterly predictable. ManU are about to complete the Tevez deal, Liverpool have signed Torres, Arsenal would rather spend more on an unproven Croation/Brazilian than consider Owen. Hes got no options left, so whats the next step? Make peace with his current club, get the backing of the fans, prove his fitness for half a season or until next summer if need be, then let his agents "start" the selling.

Mercenary prick who simply knows how to say the right things in public, or better yet, when to say nothing at all.

Exactly, no doubt he'll have people eating out of his hands now. Why didn't he say all this in the few Times articles that have been printed with his name attached to it since the season ended?!

We all know why.

Him fucking about like he has has meant we've had to look at strikers, meaning we've had to divert time, attention and resources away from other more pressing targets. Thanks Michael.

I'm still hoping Chelsea are daft enough to buy him, maybe a swap deal for Diarra and Bridge. If the Tevez deal falls through, there may still be a chance.