Owen Speaks ... and he wants to stay

KaKa

This is an excellent statement from Michael Owen. It does not matter who wrote/co-wrote it.

It contains the right 'detail' about why he is staying (Allardyce / Ashley Takeover / Training Methods / Ambition of Club, etc etc).

As a side-issue, this statement actually tells us from the 'inside' (what we were mostly thinking from the outside anyway) that this great club (in our view) is currently completing the final transformations needed to become a perennially top ("really great") club.

The timing of the statement and the so-called real reasons for it have been criticised in the usual way, by the usual suspects on here. It really does not matter if you (critics/cynics) are right - you may be - because in the real world, it is the END PRODUCT that matters most. That end product is that we now have an almost-new (Top Class) "signing", motivated to play for us . . . . . .  called Michael Owen!

For now, he needs to do no more than start banging in the goals and celebrating with us at St James' when he does it!! Any contract re-negotiations can and will follow, at the right time.

In a close season of continuing BIG (good) news  -  this news ranks alongside the Ashley takeover and the realisation of the quality of the Allardyce appointment - as the JOINT BEST NEWS!  

Criticise that, if you can (but think about it first).

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I'm quit tired at the moment so I will keep my posts short, straight, and to the point rather than going into this in detail. Basically

OWEN = POO

Guest Verlaine

Not really bothered about Owen if he gets another injury

but what will happen to oba now? owen stays then where will oba play?

Emirates.

Sorry I am not convinced at all, the timing just suggests its been well planned, do it now and it looks like he is more into the club after the training camp.

I still think he would leap to Man ure if they do bid..

Don't get me wrong though, i want him to stay and am happy he has at last spoken about it, even only if it kills the endless speculation on here.

I am just not 100% convinced he means it..

Means what? That he wants to stay?

aye, being happy to stay does not mean he wants to just he has no others offers.

Proberbly. Nothing wrong with that though.

Not really bothered about Owen if he gets another injury

but what will happen to oba now? owen stays then where will oba play?

Emirates.

i wouldnt want oba to leave but £13million would be a good price making £3million  :razz: i just think hes got more to give in a black and white shirt

Owen can't win.  People have been harping on all summer for him to make a statement along these lines, and now that he has you've got people going "Yeah, WHATEVER Michael.  You're only saying that cos no one else wants you."  Honestly, some of our fans are the biggest wankers going.  This precious attitude we have where we think every player that plays for us has to absolutely fall in love with the club the same way we as fans have.  Just be happy to have a player of his calibre here tbh.

nail on the head. not just randomly on the head....but that precise spot +/- 0.01 nano inches on the head!

fuckin hell some of the people on here!

Guest Guinness

Good news as far as I'm concerned, Owen is a top striker and him staying can only benefit us next season.

Guest Ridzuan

The most interesting part of the article is where he confirms that Big Sam has brought his backroom staff with him.

Speaking of backroom staff,does anyone knows if Steve Round has officially join us?

Guest JamesyJazz

Fantastic to read that Owen is commited to the shirt and club for the coming season.

Christ!I'd actually forgotten what it was like to feel even a modicom of optimism during pre season.This time I'm on a totall high and enjoying every fekin second of it!!

Roll on the start of the season lads,with the set up that is now in place and the mind set that SA has brought to the club we will be successful.

Owen can't win.  People have been harping on all summer for him to make a statement along these lines, and now that he has you've got people going "Yeah, WHATEVER Michael.  You're only saying that cos no one else wants you."  Honestly, some of our fans are the biggest wankers going.  This precious attitude we have where we think every player that plays for us has to absolutely fall in love with the club the same way we as fans have.  Just be happy to have a player of his calibre here tbh.

Nail on the f**king head.

I just think peopled are irked because it took him so long to quash the rumours.  Glad he finally did, though.  Stay healthy, Mickey!

Guest Verlaine

The most interesting part of the article is where he confirms that Big Sam has brought his backroom staff with him.

Speaking of backroom staff,does anyone knows if Steve Round has officially join us?

Yes.

I said when he signed that I did not expect him to love the club, the club in his heart is Liverpool, what I want from him is passion and dedication and only now has he shown anything like that.

How ever I still feel he would leave us if Man Ure offered the £9mill to activate his get out Clause..

Guest Invicta_Toon

chairman says to Owen put up or shut up - no comment from little mickey

chairman slags Owen's agent off in public - no comment from little mickey

Allardyce claims he can't stop Owen leaving - no comment from little mickey

Owen gans for a swim in Austria - Owen turns into fucking Shakespeare

my fucking arse

Owen gans for a swim in Austria - Owen turns into f****** Shakespeare

my f****** arse

:lol:  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

my f****** arse

He's got a point.

my f****** arse

I will just amend your post slightly, in the interests of accuracy:

I am actually speaking out of my f****** arse

Guest Invicta_Toon

my f****** arse

I'm amazed you can go a whole post without a CAPITAL LETTER ASHLEY WANKFEST

my f****** arse

I'm amazed you can go a whole post without a CAPITAL LETTER ASHLEY WANKFEST

Sorry about the occasional CAPITALS , I am just getting carried away a bit by this so-much-better close season!  But, can I just ask you  -  are you optimistic (feeling positive) about anything that is currently happening at the club at the moment?

If Owen wants to convince everyone that he does want to stay then there is one thing he can do that will show that 100%, and thats sign a new contract, same wages the lot but without the get out clause!!!

Actions speak louder than words, contracts speak louder than anything!!